Fiber = No Libido, No Emotions, But Great Energy And Appetite

T

TheBeard

I grew up and live in California.

I should have everything to be healthy: great sunshine, wholesome food, plenty of exercise, fresh air.

Two years ago, after too long a treatment of azytromycin (almost 2 months altogether) I started developing candida overgrowth.

Nystatin, garlic, and psyllium shakes took care of it within 6 months and I regained my vitality.

I also started regularly two supplements in the morning to help with fiber intake to drain toxins:

-Garden of life organic meal replacement (fiber, vitamins, minerals)
-Garden of life Raw Fiber (fiber)

I have made an experiment:

Whenever I take those in the morning, I have great energy, great appetite BUT lack of mental clarity, lack of libido, and I’m emotionless.

Whenever I don’t take those, I don’t have the energy to work out, have a poor appetite BUT great libido and great emotional connexion and thought clarity.

This is a catch 22: I’d like the physical energy AND the libido and emotions.

Can someone explain what’s happening in my body when I take those vs when I don’t to try and come up with a reason why I feel how I feel?

Thank you

I grew up and live in California.

I should have everything to be healthy: great sunshine, wholesome food, plenty of exercise, fresh air.

"Wholesome" food is only available in CA? I never knew.

"Plenty" of exercise could be bad. Just like too little movement can make you osteoporotic.

"Fresh air?" Nowhere in CA has fresh air except maybe the far northern coastline but no one lives there.

And even if there is "great sunshine," that doesn't mean that you get at least 20 minutes of it directly on more skin than just your lower arms and lower legs most days of the week. You didn't specify. It doesn't do you any good if it doesn't hit your skin.

Two years ago, after too long a treatment of azytromycin (almost 2 months altogether) I started developing candida overgrowth.

What was the intent of taking it for such a long time?

I started developing candida overgrowth.

How do you know?

Garden of life organic meal replacement (fiber, vitamins, minerals)
-Garden of life Raw Fiber (fiber)

There's your problem right there. They probably use low quality substances in those. Plus those are snake oil. You can eat natural cheap fiber from food. You don't need those. You might not need all the the vitamins and minerals in them and you're getting way too much.

I have made an experiment:

Whenever I take those in the morning, I have great energy, great appetite BUT lack of mental clarity, lack of libido, and I’m emotionless.

Whenever I don’t take those, I don’t have the energy to work out, have a poor appetite BUT great libido and great emotional connexion and thought clarity.

This is a catch 22: I’d like the physical energy AND the libido and emotions.

Can someone explain what’s happening in my body when I take those vs when I don’t to try and come up with a reason why I feel how I feel?

Thank you

It depends on many things such as your age, height, gender, sleep, drug use, level of body fat, things that may be stored in your body fat from your past, daily diet and other things you may be taking/eating/doing. To me, libido has more to do with how sexually attractive you find your partner(s) to be than anything else.

Last edited:
To me, libido has more to do with how sexually attractive you find your partner(s) to be than anything else.

You've repeated this countless times on this forum as if it is gospel. Yes if you find your partner unattractive then of course that can impact libido. But TheBeard might not have a partner. In my experience things like white rice, b2, a lot of muscle meat, zinc etc. all rob me of my libido and interest in sex. Niacinamide, organ meat, coffee raise my libido quite dramatically.

Libido is what drives someone to the act of reproduction. If someone doesn't have a partner and is experiencing dramatic lows in their sex drive, to go and find a mate to reproduce with, how do you explain that Westside?

You've repeated this countless times on this forum as if it is gospel.

It's not "gospel." It's an opinion and like grundles, everyones got one. Maybe this person did not see where I wrote it elsewhere. But that's irrelevant because threads will obviously overlap on an active, large forum. I talk about and comment on what interests me. On this forum that usually means anything that pertains to starch, fasting, fat (dietary and bodily) and I only comment on libidio because I feel strongly about that statement and the topic comes up very often so I say it. But I'm not even active on here anymore anyway. But I'm glad you read.

In my experience things like white rice, b2, a lot of muscle meat, zinc etc. all rob me of my libido and interest in sex. Niacinamide, organ meat, coffee raise my libido quite dramatically.

Great.

If someone doesn't have a partner and is experiencing dramatic lows in their sex drive, to go and find a mate to reproduce with, how do you explain that Westside?

If they don't have a partner, then there's probably a good reason for that. If they do have one but are not interested in sex with them, then they need a new partner, or at least an open relationship. New partner cures "low" libido every time for almost everyone.

benaoao

We’re discussing factors that lower insuline thus raise your SHBG (fiber can raise it a lot in many individuals)

Anything that lowers insuline is going to get the hormones up a good amount and anything that lowers insuline is going to free up a decent amount of T leading to extra estrogens/DHT. All this assuming the liver and HPTA ARE healthy.

Dobbler

Stop those useless fiber / mineral supplements, its dangerous to take bunch of minerals with random ratios. U'll f*ck up your mineral reserves in the long run. Get your minerals and nutrients from real food. Replace them with 100-200g of fresh spinach for example.

OP
T

TheBeard

"Wholesome" food is only available in CA? I never knew.

"Plenty" of exercise could be bad. Just like too little movement can make you osteoporotic.

"Fresh air?" Nowhere in CA has fresh air except maybe the far northern coastline but no one lives there.

And even if there is "great sunshine," that doesn't mean that you get at least 20 minutes of it directly on more skin than just your lower arms and lower legs most days of the week. You didn't specify. It doesn't do you any good if it doesn't hit your skin.

What was the intent of taking it for such a long time?

How do you know?

There's your problem right there. They probably use low quality substances in those. Plus those are snake oil. You can eat natural cheap fiber from food. You don't need those. You might not need all the the vitamins and minerals in them and you're getting way too much.

It depends on many things such as your age, height, gender, sleep, drug use, level of body fat, things that may be stored in your body fat from your past, daily diet and other things you may be taking/eating/doing. To me, libido has more to do with how sexually attractive you find your partner(s) to be than anything else.

Thank you for you contribution Westside!

If you have looked into the composition of the two products I listed, could you please tell me in detail what you think looks off in them?

I do have a partner. Very pretty. We have sex on average once a day.
I notice that when I’m off all supplements I experience a crazy lust and desire to the point we have sex 3 times a day. However during this period of lust I have no physical energy to workout whatsoever (even if I don’t have sex at all, so it’s not like sex is robbing me of my energy).

I know for a fact that I have candida: a stool test confirmed it, and the nystatin treatment got rid of it (also confirmed by a stool test)

My hormones don’t seem to blame: free T and T in the top bracket of the range.
E2 is on the lower side

OP
T

TheBeard

Stop those useless fiber / mineral supplements, its dangerous to take bunch of minerals with random ratios. U'll f*ck up your mineral reserves in the long run. Get your minerals and nutrients from real food. Replace them with 100-200g of fresh spinach for example.

Good advice! Agree, thank you

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
We’re discussing factors that lower insuline thus raise your SHBG (fiber can raise it a lot in many individuals)

Anything that lowers insuline is going to get the hormones up a good amount and anything that lowers insuline is going to free up a decent amount of T leading to extra estrogens/DHT. All this assuming the liver and HPTA ARE healthy.
Excellent points.

OP
T

TheBeard

Dude, I want to know how you respond to Potatoes (Cold potatoes) and potatoe starch.
I want to see if you're on one end of the spectrum where this will either Shut down your libido OR raise it.

I eat potatoes twice a week.

Haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary with or without them

X3CyO

I agree with westside.

Estrogen raises libido according to Peat, so it could be the lowering of estrogen. The lack of focus could be intestinal irritation. The rise in activity could be the slowing of food flow through the body, and perhaps the washing out all the extra stuff that didnt get pushed before. The collection of toxic byproducts.

Id just not do that if it doesnt make you feel good. Theres a lot of substitutes for what youre doing.

OP
T

TheBeard

I agree with westside.

Estrogen raises libido according to Peat, so it could be the lowering of estrogen. The lack of focus could be intestinal irritation. The rise in activity could be the slowing of food flow through the body, and perhaps the washing out all the extra stuff that didnt get pushed before. The collection of toxic byproducts.

Id just not do that if it doesnt make you feel good. Theres a lot of substitutes for what youre doing.

Thanks

What substitutes are you talking about?

Wolf

+1 to fecal excretion of estrogen causing a lower libido. Workaround is application of dhea/preg/prog to your boys. Only thing that worked for me without going too crazy.
Btw is your face retaining water when you're doing high Fiber? Another possibility is that something toxic in one of your supplements is toxic and destroying your boys. Or you're taking hot baths or you're wearing tights.

Wagner83

Since upping my cooked vegetables intake water retention in the face is more consistently down, energy levels and mental clarity are better but libido and morning wood are nowhere to be seen. It has been a week or so so we'll see.

Wagner83

Since upping my cooked vegetables intake water retention in the face is more consistently down, energy levels and mental clarity are better but libido and morning wood are nowhere to be seen. It has been a week or so so we'll see.
I think the boiled bok choy might be bad. I'm not sure about chards or bell peppers. https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/myrosinase

The glucosinolates found in the cabbage family appear to pose little risk to human health since the enzyme responsible for the release of goitrin is inactivated by household cooking. The glucosinolates may also be removed to a great extent by leaching out into the cooking water.​

Last edited: