Fiber/gas/bowlmovements/endtoxin?

SamYo123

Whats going on if fiber provides good bowl movements but gives alot of gas? 7-8hours after consuming?

Is the gas always endotoxin?

And what is in cows milk that causes constipation? is it the casein?

Noticed black coffe would help with bowl movements than a milkd coffee

Last edited:

Vins7

Whats going on if fiber provides good bowl movements but gives alot of gas? 7-8hours after consuming?

I have the same problem. I need Fiber for bowel movement but I think this bloats me.

I dont have never tried eliminate dairy products, I dont know if this products are causing me bloating but I remember a study that said eliminating cow dairy products fixes constipation in some people.

Birdie

My husband has the problem with eating fiber, oatmeal, and getting gas about 3-4 hours later. He started eating oatmeal for good bowel movements. He's not willing to give it up unless he finds something bowel promoting to take its place.

He won't eat the carrot salad anymore and doesn't want to eat the cooked mushrooms every day. He's resigned to the situation but is concerned too. I think the best thing would be to substitute a stew with well cooked vegetables. That's more work.

He doesn't drink milk.

"The study below drives a stake directly into the heart of that pseudo-medical claim of soluble fiber benefits. It found that despite the reduction in weight seen in animals fed soluble fiber, at least 40% of them developed liver cancer (HCC). Even worse, when the soluble fiber was combined with high-fat diet, the HCC incidence rose to 65% even in mice without gut dysbiosis."

Birdie

"The study below drives a stake directly into the heart of that pseudo-medical claim of soluble fiber benefits. It found that despite the reduction in weight seen in animals fed soluble fiber, at least 40% of them developed liver cancer (HCC). Even worse, when the soluble fiber was combined with high-fat diet, the HCC incidence rose to 65% even in mice without gut dysbiosis."

Yes, that's what I always remember from Ray. I can't force it on others though. I have a source of delicious carrots now ! Finally. At least I'm getting my carrots. The husband has improved in one respect though. He's started having new potatoes in place of bread. For years he was off bread, but now he is again. He says the potato instead of bread has helped with his gas and he's happy about potatoes.

And, just reading my Sept 2021 comment before your comment, I'll add that he has been making stew for us. We're also eating more fruit and squashes. Things are going well !!

Yes, that's what I always remember from Ray. I can't force it on others though. I have a source of delicious carrots now ! Finally. At least I'm getting my carrots. The husband has improved in one respect though. He's started having new potatoes in place of bread. For years he was off bread, but now he is again. He says the potato instead of bread has helped with his gas and he's happy about potatoes.

And, just reading my Sept 2021 comment before your comment, I'll add that he has been making stew for us. We're also eating more fruit and squashes. Things are going well !!
That is all great news Birdie! RP recommends those new potatoes over the russets, they are loaded with lots of sugar rather than starch. I love to hear people on the forum getting healthier!

Birdie

That is all great news Birdie! RP recommends those new potatoes over the russets, they are loaded with lots of sugar rather than starch. I love to hear people on the forum getting healthier!
Yes, young "new potatoes" are better. The point about sugars is great! And young zucchinis are better than older ones too. It really helps to understand the reasoning behind what otherwise just looks like rote rules.

Norman Childers' book, "The Nightshades" has info about how the solanine or glychoalkaloid content increases in potatoes when they aren't stored properly. So, damp dark storage produces different amounts of solanine than does dry lighted storage. And longer storage increases the amounts of course...

Then, plants grown in the greenhouse are known to produce smaller tubers with raise glycoalkaloid levels... That's surprising to me.

Higher concentrations of these glycoalkaloids will produce a distinct bitterness indicating dangerous levels... Once again, as Peat says, go by taste.

We remove all the eyes first and peel them after microwaving. I, of course, don't eat potatoes at all cuz it keeps my joint pain down.

Yes, young "new potatoes" are better. The point about sugars is great! And young zucchinis are better than older ones too. It really helps to understand the reasoning behind what otherwise just looks like rote rules.

Norman Childers' book, "The Nightshades" has info about how the solanine or glychoalkaloid content increases in potatoes when they aren't stored properly. So, damp dark storage produces different amounts of solanine than does dry lighted storage. And longer storage increases the amounts of course...

Then, plants grown in the greenhouse are known to produce smaller tubers with raise glycoalkaloid levels... That's surprising to me.

Higher concentrations of these glycoalkaloids will produce a distinct bitterness indicating dangerous levels... Once again, as Peat says, go by taste.

We remove all the eyes first and peel them after microwaving. I, of course, don't eat potatoes at all cuz it keeps my joint pain down.
I had not hear about green houses producing undesirable compounds. That is interesting. I am gonna have to read more on that one!

Birdie

I had not hear about green houses producing undesirable compounds. That is interesting. I am gonna have to read more on that one!
Yeah, who would guess that one!! For some reason potatoes grown in greenhouses developed more solanine than potatoes grown in the field did.

A lot of people, including me, are sensitive to solanine (nightshades). When I quit them my joint pain improved... a lot.

faisman

I’ve recently had a positive experience with having oat bran for breakfast most days of the week. Bought some after hearing Danny and Ray discuss it on the GE podcast. I cook it with low fat milk and add sugar, salt, butter and cinnamon. I found it doesn’t give me any gas but has a powerful stimulating effect on bowel movements.

OP
S

SamYo123

Same with all except I get gas... but why?
I’ve recently had a positive experience with having oat bran for breakfast most days of the week. Bought some after hearing Danny and Ray discuss it on the GE podcast. I cook it with low fat milk and add sugar, salt, butter and cinnamon. I found it doesn’t give me any gas but has a powerful stimulating effect on bowel movements.

faisman

Same with all except I get gas... but why?
I wouldn’t know for sure but I would think it probably has something to do with bacteria. You could try a spore based probiotic, I found the one by youtheory to be good and it contains the strains Ray has talked about favorably I believe.

OP
S

SamYo123

I wouldn’t know for sure but I would think it probably has something to do with bacteria. You could try a spore based probiotic, I found the one by youtheory to be good and it contains the strains Ray has talked about favorably I believe.
But I thought the bacteria is being cleared by all the bowl movements from the oat bran?

Yeah, who would guess that one!! For some reason potatoes grown in greenhouses developed more solanine than potatoes grown in the field did.

A lot of people, including me, are sensitive to solanine (nightshades). When I quit them my joint pain improved... a lot.
I get an achy leg, or both at night, after eating potatoes, that is hard to ignore while trying to sleep.

faisman

But I thought the bacteria is being cleared by all the bowl movements from the oat bran?
Yeah it can get a bit confusing sometimes. The way I see it, having better motility is really important for tackling gut issues and bacteria, however it isn't the only factor involved. After all, gut dysbiosis can also cause diarrhea. I found the spore based probiotics to be helpful and not as invasive as antibiotics. I would also recommend getting some sunlight exposure if its possible as it really did wonders for my digestive issues.

Yeah it can get a bit confusing sometimes. The way I see it, having better motility is really important for tackling gut issues and bacteria, however it isn't the only factor involved. After all, gut dysbiosis can also cause diarrhea. I found the spore based probiotics to be helpful and not as invasive as antibiotics. I would also recommend getting some sunlight exposure if its possible as it really did wonders for my digestive issues.
The sun is a good suggestion…

“Taking vitamin D can increase levels of calcium in the blood, and too much calcium can cause side effects. If you take large doses of vitamin D, you may experience stomach pain, loss of appetite, constipation, or diarrhea as a result of elevated calcium levels.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals