Fiber for gutmotility and raw carrot

NooMoahk

Jenn said:
Raw carrots are good, like activated charcoal.....but NOT if they slow down the elimination process for the individual. They do absorb excess estrogen and other toxins, but it still needs to leave in a timely manner or the body ends up reabsorbing those toxins.

White potatoes do a better job of consistent elimination for me.

How do you best gain the benefits of potato? Notably, how do you like to cook them?

4peatssake

NooMoahk said:
Jenn said:
Raw carrots are good, like activated charcoal.....but NOT if they slow down the elimination process for the individual. They do absorb excess estrogen and other toxins, but it still needs to leave in a timely manner or the body ends up reabsorbing those toxins.

White potatoes do a better job of consistent elimination for me.

How do you best gain the benefits of potato? Notably, how do you like to cook them?
Jenn has an entire page on her blog devoted to the potato. ;)

The Potato Page

jyb

NooMoahk said:

I get the starch post-meal side effects (sluggish) when I just boil them well in water, and consumed with some fat. Finely cut so that it goes soft quicker, it takes 10-15 mins at most until they are almost like puree. I've heard that 40mins are needed to break down the starch, but I wonder if that's just due to not dicing the potato before boiling.

I'm now experimenting with frying in coconut oil (just in a regular pan) as an alternative to boiling in water, to see if they have a better effect on me. I think the ideal is still fresh orange juice, but an occasional potato seems like a good way to increase carb if I don't have a enough OJ and want more nutrients than in the equivalent of white sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals