FIber and intestinal issues.

Jennifer

I don't have any protruding after I eat

Same here. I've measured my waist before breakfast and right before bed and the measurements were identical. Prior to my current diet, I would have this huge lump on the lower right side of my stomach by the end of the day that I've since realized was fiber. My issues with fiber began after two years of following Doug Graham's 80/10/10 diet (raw fruit and veggies) in my mid 20s and only got worse after my spine collapsed and my intestines compressed. I can get away with more fiber since clearing the SIBO I had, but it's still minimal. I'm at least able to have some now without it triggering debilitating migraines and subsequent vomiting.

Same here. I've measured my waist before breakfast and right before bed and the measurements were identical. Prior to my current diet, I would have this huge lump on the lower right side of my stomach by the end of the day that I've since realized was fiber. My issues with fiber began after two years of following Doug Graham's 80/10/10 diet (raw fruit and veggies) in my mid 20s and only got worse after my spine collapsed and my intestines compressed. I can get away with more fiber since clearing the SIBO I had, but it's still minimal. I'm at least able to have some now without suffering debilitating migraines and subsequent vomiting from it.
Girl I can't even imagine how you got through all of that. I notice onions give me some bloat, but I don't eat them when I am needing to look slim. I love them too much to give them up entirely.

SamYo123

"SCFA also do the exact opposite."

Thats why I think my beardruff clears up eating oatbran 18g fiber per 100g.. Poop bulks up.. no oat bran fiber, no efficient bowl movements, and no clear skin feeding this bad bacteria must be correcting an imbalance..

Jennifer

Girl I can't even imagine how you got through all of that. I notice onions give me some bloat, but I don't eat them when I am needing to look slim. I love them too much to give them up entirely.

I think if you knew the woman who raised me, you’d be able to imagine it. :) I hear you on the onions. I can have a bowl of French onion soup without much issue but beyond that, trouble ensues.

I think if you knew the woman who raised me, you’d be able to imagine it. :) I hear you on the onions. I can have a bowl of French onion soup without much issue but beyond that, trouble ensues.
I LOVE French onion soup!

L

Lord Cola

Is there a way to keep the endotoxin down while avoiding fiber? If my digestion isn't perfect the fiber causes a heavy feeling in the colon but eliminating fiber leads to increased bacterial growth.

L

Lord Cola

What kind of fiber do you eat?
I've tried many different types, bamboo shoots, carrots, mushrooms, and soluble fiber (which I know isn't recommended by Peat) in fruit. Insoluble fiber is what mostly causes the feeling of heaviness in the colon. Eating too much soluble fiber causes different problems.

aniciete

I've tried many different types, bamboo shoots, carrots, mushrooms, and soluble fiber (which I know isn't recommended by Peat) in fruit. Insoluble fiber is what mostly causes the feeling of heaviness in the colon. Eating too much soluble fiber causes different problems.
I experience the same exact thing. Any kind of insoluble causes heaviness and some bloating. Soluble fiber is even worse. I’ve tried going fiber free a couple of times and it makes me feel strange.

Jennifer

Is there a way to keep the endotoxin down while avoiding fiber? If my digestion isn't perfect the fiber causes a heavy feeling in the colon but eliminating fiber leads to increased bacterial growth.

I would say speeding up elimination and consuming only the foods you know you digest well. Also, regularly consuming antimicrobials such as honey, coconut oil, vinegar, salt, lemonade, limeade and orangeade, which include the oil from the peels, and teas or tinctures made from various anti-microbial herbs and spices such as aloe leaf, black walnut hull, cat’s claw, cascara, cinnamon, clove, barberry, ginger, goldenseal, nutmeg, olive leaf, oregano, pau d'arco, peppercorns, peppermint and thyme.

L

Lord Cola

I would say speeding up elimination and consuming only the foods you know you digest well. Also, regularly consuming antimicrobials such as honey, coconut oil, vinegar, salt, lemonade, limeade and orangeade, which include the oil from the peels, and teas or tinctures made from various anti-microbial herbs and spices such as aloe leaf, black walnut hull, cat’s claw, cascara, cinnamon, clove, barberry, ginger, goldenseal, nutmeg, olive leaf, oregano, pau d'arco, peppercorns, peppermint and thyme.
Thank you for this informative post. I will look into your suggestions and try carefully implimenting them where appropriate for me.

I experience the same exact thing. Any kind of insoluble causes heaviness and some bloating. Soluble fiber is even worse. I’ve tried going fiber free a couple of times and it makes me feel strange.
I'm going to experiment again with eliminating these fibers from my diet, while eating a satisfying amount of gelatin every day. I suspect high insoluble fiber foods are also making the intestines more susceptible to irritation, partly by scraping their walls, worsening food sensitivity, even though I have been eating them with lots of fat.

Last edited by a moderator:

aniciete

Thank you for this informative post. I will look into your suggestions and try carefully implimenting them where appropriate for me.

I'm going to experiment again with eliminating these fibers from my diet, while eating a satisfying amount of gelatin every day. I suspect high insoluble fiber foods are also making the intestines more susceptible to irritation, partly by scraping their walls, worsening food sensitivity, even though I have been eating them with lots of fat.
Let me know if you notice any benefits, I might give it a try myself.