FIber and intestinal issues.

Perry Staltic

False. Hadza and Masai have an average of lifespan of 60-70 yo some of them got 80 yo. Please give us proofs about you say or don't reply anymore, we don't want your point of view, we want facts.

I was just communicating what I read online.

OP
T

Trullo

What have you found to be the best gauge for whether or not you’re getting enough butyrate? Along with a host of mainstream tests including an upper endoscopy and hydrogen breath test, I did a Loomis 24-hour urinalysis and two comprehensive stools tests with Genova Diagnostics the decade I suffered the digestive issues and have found symptoms to be the best gauge for me. With fiber, I have gastritis, alternating constipation and diarrhea, mucus in my eliminations and severe allergic reactions to most foods and with a dairy-based diet free of fiber, I have perfect digestion and tolerance to a wider variety of foods, and my overall health, including my thyroid and bone health, have improved immensely. My mum shares a similar experience.
Perry Staltic This is a fact not a feeling and eating just white rice can be enough to have resistant starch to have a strong butyrate production and some people don't need a diversity of strains to produce butyrate.

Futhermore Caloric Restriction and Intermittent Fasting, even intermittent caloric restriction can increase lactobacillus and bifidus in the gut:

Read 3.2 and 3.3.

SamYo123

The thing is you can't have a healthy colon without a healthy supply of butyrate (colonocytes' primary fuel source) which is produced by bacterial fermentation of fiber and resistant starches. Without butyrate, colonocytes can't do their job of maintaining gut lining integrity, and leaky gut can result.
I got this going on, too much sugar, not enough fiber, and my face get redder in the cheeks and beardruff.. since tryin this oatbran, hype, 18g fiber per 100g, the redness literally redcues,... as long as i keep the white sugar intake low.. the fiber must be feeding the good bacteria, and therefore reducing the inflammation on my face.... My bowl movements, literally bulk up too opposed to being broken up....

Which aligns with this in google

"In some cases, rosacea is thought to be triggered by an imbalance in the microorganisms that live in our gut and on our skin. Foods that help promote good bacteria in the body may help reduce rosacea symptoms. These include fiber-rich foods, prebiotics, and probiotics"

Anyone else experienced this? but notice other symptoms from too much sugar to fiber ratio??

Perry Staltic

I got this going on, too much sugar, not enough fiber, and my face get redder in the cheeks and beardruff.. since tryin this oatbran, hype, 18g fiber per 100g, the redness literally redcues,... as long as i keep the white sugar intake low.. the fiber must be feeding the good bacteria, and therefore reducing the inflammation on my face.... My bowl movements, literally bulk up too opposed to being broken up....

Which aligns with this in google

"In some cases, rosacea is thought to be triggered by an imbalance in the microorganisms that live in our gut and on our skin. Foods that help promote good bacteria in the body may help reduce rosacea symptoms. These include fiber-rich foods, prebiotics, and probiotics"

Anyone else experienced this? but notice other symptoms from too much sugar to fiber ratio??

Butyrate feeds colonocytes, promotes tight junction proteins between them and modulates mucosal layer thickness. So it does a lot to prevent leaky gut. Butyrate is a postbiotic. Inulin is a prebiotic that promotes its production. Inulin-rich foods include garlic, onions, leeks and chickory.

This matches my experience. When I eliminated fiber from my diet, I stopped experiencing constipation and other digestive related symptoms such as SIBO, cramping, bloating, gastritis, migraines and vomiting.
I don't eat hardly any fiber either nowadays and I am rarely bloated anymore.

What bloating is considered bloating is it normal for the stomache to protrude a little bit after eating?
I don't have any protruding after I eat, but I did when I was eating beans, salads and even too many egg whites in one sitting, and didn't pay attention to constipation.

Vins7

I don't have any protruding after I eat, but I did when I was eating beans, salads and even too many egg whites in one sitting, and didn't pay attention to constipation.
So what are your main foods for not being bloated??

Vins7

Basically I don't eat vegetables, whole raw fruit, beans, white rice, potatoes or egg whites
So aren't you bloated with milk, sugar, honey, juices? These are higher in fodmaps than some vegetables, some fruits, white rice and potatoes.
It's interesting... I though that bloating issues were related to fodmaps.

So aren't you bloated with milk, sugar, honey, juices? These are higher in fodmaps than some vegetables, some fruits, white rice and potatoes.
It's interesting... I though that bloating issues were related to fodmaps.
I don't drink bottle juices. I make my own by soaking berries in water and add sugar. I fresh squeeze oranges and strain them and add water, sugar and salt. Honey doesn't bloat me either. People bloat for different reasons, bacteria, candida, slack intestinal muscles, damage, and the foods I mentioned are mine.

EDIT: I think my rice bloating is from a slight allergy to it.

Last edited:
"The study below drives a stake directly into the heart of that pseudo-medical claim of soluble fiber benefits. It found that despite the reduction in weight seen in animals fed soluble fiber, at least 40% of them developed liver cancer (HCC). Even worse, when the soluble fiber was combined with high-fat diet, the HCC incidence rose to 65% even in mice without gut dysbiosis."

I think there are two reasons why the same food fiberous foods can produce different results in people. If a person has slow transit time then the fiberous food sits, ferments and causes gases aka bloating. A person with sensitive intestines eats the same fiberous food and it aggravates the intestines and gets things "going". Either one isn't ideal, and if you are younger you can afford more abuse before it is time to be kinder to yourself. That is why strategizing food intake is wise, with timing, layering and using a little fiber if you can afford it.

“One of the factors promoting excess cortisol production is intestinal irritation, causing absorption of endotoxin and serotonin. Fermentable fibers (including pectins and fructooligosaccharides) support the formation of bacterial toxins, and can cause animals to become anxious and aggressive. Fed to horses, some types of fiber increase the amount of serotonin circulating in the blood. Grains, beans, and other seeds contain fermentable fibers that can promote intestinal irritation.” -Ray Peat, PhD

“Many doctors advise constipated patients to drink more water and exercise. While there is some physiological basis for recommending exercise, the advice to drink more water is simply unphysiological. A study in Latin America found no evidence of benefit from either of those recommendations, and recommended the use of fiber in the diet. The right kind of fiber can benefit a variety of bowel problems. However, some types of fiber can exacerbate the problem, and some types (such as oat bran) have been found to increase bowel cancer in animal studies.” -Ray Peat, PhD

The thing is you can't have a healthy colon without a healthy supply of butyrate (colonocytes' primary fuel source) which is produced by bacterial fermentation of fiber and resistant starches. Without butyrate, colonocytes can't do their job of maintaining gut lining integrity, and leaky gut can result.

“The food industry is promoting the use of various gums and starches, which are convenient thickeners and stabilizers for increasing self-life, with the argument that the butyric acid produced when they are fermented by intestinal bacteria is protective. However, intestinal fermentation increases systemic and brain serotonin, and the short-chain fatty acids can produce a variety of inflammatory and cytotoxic effect. Considering the longevity and stress-resistance of germ-free animals, choosing foods (such as raw carrots or cooked bamboo shoots or cooked mushrooms) which accelerate peristalsis and speed transit through the bowel, which suppressing bacterial growth, seems like a convenient approach to increasing longevity.” -Ray Peat, PhD

“Oatmeal and potatoes do provide fiber, but they are good food for bacteria, and bacterial endotoxin is usually the basic problem causing hormone imbalance, by being a chronic burden for the liver, keeping it from storing enough sugar to process thyroid and the other hormones effectively.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals