FIber and intestinal issues.

Perry Staltic

There has to be more to constipation than fiber. I eat a huge amount of fiber and am never constipated. Maybe something's off with gut serotonin that makes everything slow down and get clogged up..

OP
T

Trullo

There has to be more to constipation than fiber. I eat a huge amount of fiber and am never constipated. Maybe something's off with gut serotonin that makes everything slow down and get clogged up..
But without fiber?

karw

That is outdated science. The problem is of today's society many have gut-related issues they are not aware of and have less gut microbiome diversity because certain good bacteria break down fiber. Another problem is nowadays we do not even hit the daily recommended fiber intake or above that of our ancestors did, hence bloating and constipation. You have to build up tolerance by slowly adding fibers foods a day for day month for month.

OP
T

Trullo

That is outdated science. The problem is of today's society many have gut-related issues they are not aware of and have less gut microbiome diversity because certain good bacteria break down fiber. Another problem is nowadays we do not even hit the daily recommended fiber intake or above that of our ancestors did, hence bloating and constipation. You have to build up tolerance by slowly adding fibers foods a day for day month for month.

this isn't a outdated science: Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associated symptoms

But it was a trial on real subject.

I suppose that it's better starting without fiber to not help Bacteria to grow until intestinal barrier is fixed that help to block LPS to go into bloodstream and I suppose the same with fats.

After this first step one can add a little of soluble fiber per meal and increasing in the time.

Anyway I suppose that 5-10 grams per meal is enough and more is useless and damaging.

Perry Staltic

I suppose that it's better starting without fiber to not help Bacteria to grow until intestinal barrier is fixed that help to block LPS to go into bloodstream and I suppose the same with fats.

The thing is you can't have a healthy colon without a healthy supply of butyrate (colonocytes' primary fuel source) which is produced by bacterial fermentation of fiber and resistant starches. Without butyrate, colonocytes can't do their job of maintaining gut lining integrity, and leaky gut can result.

karw

What @Perry Staltic said:thumbsup:

Intake of fiber is very individual of what you can tolerate to begin with. So you just gotta feel your way up. My breakfast consist of almost 10 grams of fiber.

Check out Hadza they consume over 100 g fiber a day. This can be done with a modern paleo diet as this study suggests from Modern Paleolithic Diet (Italians) similar to Hazda microbiome

Jennifer

After having founded this:

https://www.amazon.it/Fiber-Menace-Leading.../dp/0970679645

I looked for some researches and I found:
Stopping or reducing dietary fiber intake reduces constipation and its associated symptoms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

Can insoluble fibers be a problem?

This matches my experience. When I eliminated fiber from my diet, I stopped experiencing constipation and other digestive related symptoms such as SIBO, cramping, bloating, gastritis, migraines and vomiting.

OP
T

Trullo

This matches my experience. When I eliminated fiber from my diet, I stopped experiencing constipation and other digestive related symptoms such as SIBO, cramping, bloating, gastritis, migraines and vomiting.
Do you still avoid fibers?

OP
T

Trullo

What @Perry Staltic said:thumbsup:

Intake of fiber is very individual of what you can tolerate to begin with. So you just gotta feel your way up. My breakfast consist of almost 10 grams of fiber.

Check out Hadza they consume over 100 g fiber a day. This can be done with a modern paleo diet as this study suggests from Modern Paleolithic Diet (Italians) similar to Hazda microbiome
Masaai don't eat lots of fiber and who said that 10 or 20 or 100 grams are minimum? I mean it can be enough eating 5 grams per meal or less especially of soluble fiber to have enough butirrate and I know lot of italians that don't eat fiber at all and they're healthy.

Jennifer

Do you still avoid fibers?

Yes, but not as much as when I was clearing the SIBO I had developed from untreated thyroid disease and a resulting back injury. I consume a dairy-based diet and my only real source of plant fiber comes from the fruit I juice daily so I get a tiny amount from that but in the past, I did a second straining with a coffee filter so that there wasn’t a trace of fiber left—the juice was crystal clear.

In case you’re interested in Ray’s opinion, I was in communication with him back in 2015 and given my severe digestion issues at the time, I asked him if he thought a fiber-free diet consisting of milk, cheese, shellfish, eggs, juice and small amounts of butter and coconut oil would be nutritionally complete and healthy to follow and he replied:

“I think fiber is always a risk (I avoid them all except for occasional well cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots, which are germicidal). The foods you list contain all the essential nutrients.”

Ray also said this about fiber:

"They aren't necessary [FIBER], for example milk supports abundant bacterial growth that creates bulk, but when there are digestive and hormonal problems because of bad intestinal flora, the fibers of carrot and bamboo shoots have a disinfecting action. The carrots must be raw for that effect."

And this about gut inflammation:

“Constipation or diarrhea, or their alternation, usually develops when there is inflammation in the bowel.”

In regards to butyrate, my main source is dairy:

Perry Staltic

Certainly helpful, but it's questionable whether sufficient butyrate is obtained from dairy.

Case in point

Boosting butyrate production isn’t as simple as eating butyrate rich foods. The short-chain fatty acid can be absorbed in the stomach and small intestine, so if you eat butyrate, it wouldn’t travel to your colon where it supports your gut lining and keeps it intact. So, what foods have butyrate boosting powers?

Last edited:

karw

If you have SIBO you should keep fiber to a minimum until get rid of or any pathogens/candida because it can make any gastro inflammation worse. As it feeds bad and good bacteria

I mean I love Ray. Though the understanding of the microbiome just keeps growing.

You can keep fiber at a minimum and be nutritionally complete. Dairy and especially raw milk is really great for the stomach and beneficial bacteria. Animal food contributes to Butyrate production. Though we know that diverse intake of foods create different strains of good bacteria and the aim is to keep our microbiome diverse because it has a downstream of immune, neurological and hormonal effects.

Though from my own gut experience (IBD), fiber > animal = butyrate production

Perry Staltic

If you have SIBO you should keep fiber to a minimum until get rid of or any pathogens/candida because it can make any gastro inflammation worse. As it feeds bad and good bacteria

I mean I love Ray. Though the understanding of the microbiome just keeps growing.

You can keep fiber at a minimum and be nutritionally complete. Dairy and especially raw milk is really great for the stomach and beneficial bacteria. Animal food contributes to Butyrate production. Though we know that diverse intake of foods create different strains of good bacteria and the aim is to keep our microbiome diverse because it has a downstream of immune, neurological and hormonal effects.

Though from my own gut experience (IBD), fiber > animal = butyrate production

Do you know what beneficial bacteria inhabit the small intestine, that can be increased with probiotics? My strategy has always been to carpet bomb the gut with good strains that will out-compete bad strains for food, space and resources.

Jennifer

Certainly helpful, but it's questionable whether sufficient butyrate is obtained from dairy.

What have you found to be the best gauge for whether or not you’re getting enough butyrate? Along with a host of mainstream tests including an upper endoscopy and hydrogen breath test, I did a Loomis 24-hour urinalysis and two comprehensive stools tests with Genova Diagnostics the decade I suffered the digestive issues and have found symptoms to be the best gauge for me. With fiber, I have gastritis, alternating constipation and diarrhea, mucus in my eliminations and severe allergic reactions to most foods and with a dairy-based diet free of fiber, I have perfect digestion and tolerance to a wider variety of foods, and my overall health, including my thyroid and bone health, have improved immensely. My mum shares a similar experience.

Perry Staltic

What have you found to be the best gauge for whether or not you’re getting enough butyrate? Along with a host of mainstream tests including an upper endoscopy and hydrogen breath test, I did a Loomis 24-hour urinalysis and two comprehensive stools tests with Genova Diagnostics the decade I suffered the digestive issues and have found symptoms to be the best gauge for me. With fiber, I have gastritis, alternating constipation and diarrhea, mucus in my eliminations and severe allergic reactions to most foods and with a dairy-based diet free of fiber, I have perfect digestion and tolerance to a wider variety of foods, and my overall health, including my thyroid and bone health, have improved immensely. My mum shares a similar experience.

I don't concern myself with it. I'm Mr FODMAP. Most of my diet is fiber (fruits, veges, whole grains, zero refined carbs, minimal refined sugar) with daily dairy (cheese, yogurt) and eggs, and occasional meat and fish. That's basically how I've always tried to eat. Plus I do a lot of probiotics (prob about 10 different types) because I don't know exactly what my system needs, so I throw eveything at it and let it sort things out. I just listen and try to adjust as best I can whenever something doesn't feel right. Obviously everybody's not the same and has to adjust to their own physiology. My approach might not work for you.

Apple

Masaai don't eat lots of fiber and who said that 10 or 20 or 100 grams are minimum? I mean it can be enough eating 5 grams per meal or less especially of soluble fiber to have enough butirrate and I know lot of italians that don't eat fiber at all and they're healthy.
Of course , maasai consume huge amount of lactose which serves as prebiotic and creates lots of bulk. (5-6 liters of milk)
If you don't consume that much milk you would need other bulk forming foods ( containing fibers )

OP
T

Trullo

Average lifespan - 45 years.
False. Hadza and Masai have an average of lifespan of 60-70 yo some of them got 80 yo. Please give us proofs about you say or don't reply anymore, we don't want your point of view, we want facts.

"And keep on doing them as the years go by. One of the researchers' key findings is that the level of "moderate and vigorous physical activity" doesn't drop off as Hadza age. "You see 60- and 70-year-old men and women keeping up," Pontzer adds. "There's no sitting on a La-Z-Boy."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals