FFA And Estrogen In Weight Loss

Nicholas

Hello - Lately i've been thinking more on the interactions between liver function, PUFA depletion, and estrogen. Been trying to better pinpoint estrogenic factors in my life. I feel like this must be basic, but wanted to ask anyway: The past few months have been the lowest i have brought down PUFA in my diet. Meaning....i've never been super obssessed about low-PUFA, therefore i probably have not depleted much. Well, my job is physically demanding and ever since i went really low PUFA and started using Taurine, i've been quickly losing my extra 15-20pounds. I know that all of it's not fat, but the other crappy stuff that pboy has mentioned as well - toxic fluid, etc. So while i don't get the sense that my liver is sluggish, i do wonder about it possibly being overburdened by the free fatty acids *and* possibly estrogen from fat/fluid. Does this seem plausible? i eat pretty frequently and enough, but i don't know if it still meets my demands.

i have been taking b-vitamins through this process just as a preventative measure against the free fatty acids, but perhaps i need an isolated b-vitamin like niacinamide...

another question: is it the PUFA in body fat and tissue that is estrogenic, or is body fat in general estrogenic in that it holds estrogen hormones?

BingDing

I've read estrogen is produced in adipose tissue, or fat cells, which are now treated as an endocrine gland. Similar to skin is an endocrine gland re Vit D. Of course testosterone converts to estrogen by aromatase. What other pathways to estrogen are there?

Not sure what toxic fluids pboy was talking about, do you have any references about it other than pboy?

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

BingDing said:
post 110167 do you have any references about it other than pboy?

no, but it's something i've always kind of assumed personally.

thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator: