Feverfew/Silk Tree as Replacement for Cypro/Meter

CalmAmygdala

What are your guys's thoughts about this? I can't use metergoline as an anti-serotonin supp because when I stop I get horrific symptroms of DAWS. Cypro is okay, but I don't like the dopamine receptor antagonizing effects and I am also finding it very hard to stop. Any time I stop the cypro, I get a massive rebound of serotonin that makes it impossible to function.

I am trying to find a substitute anti-serotonin agent that does not have the side effects of these two. Diamant is good, but I don't want to take another dopamine agonist since I go through withdrawal syndrome when stopping meter.

Would a combo of feverfew and silk tree do the trick? Feverfew for 5HT2A, silk tree for 5HT2C? Maybe something else for 5HT1A? I am mainly looking for antagonism at the 2A and 2c receptor sites.

If not these two, when what compounds could be used to slowly ween off cypro or be used as a replacement?

Andman

As mentioned in the other thread, id first give caffeine, aspirin, theanine a try (while being properly fed of course) all of those are reasonably safe, cheap and good at lowering serotonin.

How long have you been of the Metergoline now? Anything else in your life that may have added to the DAWS-like symptoms? (like stress, change in diet etc.)

Hans

Forum Supporter
What are your guys's thoughts about this? I can't use metergoline as an anti-serotonin supp because when I stop I get horrific symptroms of DAWS. Cypro is okay, but I don't like the dopamine receptor antagonizing effects and I am also finding it very hard to stop. Any time I stop the cypro, I get a massive rebound of serotonin that makes it impossible to function.

I am trying to find a substitute anti-serotonin agent that does not have the side effects of these two. Diamant is good, but I don't want to take another dopamine agonist since I go through withdrawal syndrome when stopping meter.

Would a combo of feverfew and silk tree do the trick? Feverfew for 5HT2A, silk tree for 5HT2C? Maybe something else for 5HT1A? I am mainly looking for antagonism at the 2A and 2c receptor sites.

If not these two, when what compounds could be used to slowly ween off cypro or be used as a replacement?
Feverfew is strong anti-serotonin and might actually require that you taper off. It's actually common that people get serotonin symptoms after stopping. CBG is a 5-HT1A antagonist if you want to throw that one in the mix.
But like others have mentioned, taking a more universal approach, such as aspirin, thyroid, caffeine, magnesium, niacinamide, theanine, etc., can be helpful to improve energy production and lower serotonin.

OP
C

CalmAmygdala

As mentioned in the other thread, id first give caffeine, aspirin, theanine a try (while being properly fed of course) all of those are reasonably safe, cheap and good at lowering serotonin.

How long have you been of the Metergoline now? Anything else in your life that may have added to the DAWS-like symptoms? (like stress, change in diet etc.)
Been off meter for at least two weeks... nothing else i can think of that would contribute to DAWS type symptoms.... they seemed to improve after a week or so after stopping meter..... now they seem to be coming back, or at least to be intensifying now that i have stopped cypro

OP
C

CalmAmygdala

Feverfew is strong anti-serotonin and might actually require that you taper off. It's actually common that people get serotonin symptoms after stopping. CBG is a 5-HT1A antagonist if you want to throw that one in the mix.
But like others have mentioned, taking a more universal approach, such as aspirin, thyroid, caffeine, magnesium, niacinamide, theanine, etc., can be helpful to improve energy production and lower serotonin.
Yes, taking all those you mentioned except niacinamide.... may add that one.

Is a 5HT1a antagonist something that would help the problem, or exacerbate it? From my understanding, a 5HT1a agonist is what would reduce serotonin. how would blocking 5ht1a help

OP
C

CalmAmygdala

What about some of haidut's other supps? Mitolipin, Defibron? Would those potentially reduce serotonin?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes, taking all those you mentioned except niacinamide.... may add that one.

Is a 5HT1a antagonist something that would help the problem, or exacerbate it? From my understanding, a 5HT1a agonist is what would reduce serotonin. how would blocking 5ht1a help
Not to over mention supplements here, but since low energy, low NAD and low glucose oxidation increases serotonin, then improving those should help. Sometimes large doses of thyroid, aspirin, B1, B3 and pyruvate can help to stop stress and inflammation and promote proper energy production and lower serotonin.
So B1 and pyrucet combined with the other should also be helpful.

5-HT1A antagonism might upregulate the autoreceptor and help lower serotonin synthesis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom