Fetal androgen exposure is a determinant of adult male metabolic health

T

TheBeard

Yet another evidence that what happens in the womb critically determines the rest of your life.

Critical changes can still happen in late teen years with the proper hormone protocole, not as dramatic though.

Nebula

This study hypothesized about fetal androgen excess, not deficiency. Simulating the effects of a male fetus who has a mother with PCOS. I wonder which is more common though.
In conclusion, the legacy of male fetal androgenic excess is the development of a cholestasis-like condition in adolescence, accompanied by dyslipidaemia and increased fibrotic potential. We report fetal androgen excess as a risk factor for poor male hepatic/metabolic health.

OP
T

TheBeard

This study hypothesized about fetal androgen excess, not deficiency. Simulating the effects of a male fetus who has a mother with PCOS. I wonder which is more common though.

Never said it was about androgen deficiency

ursidae

The mother matters so much. Breastfeeding is important too. Crazy difference between me/my sibling’s face and the people that were breastfed 1+ years. Their digestion is robust and memory is a lot better too even if the diet that followed was poor

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals