Fermenting flaxseed mucillage.

Trullo

Is it possibile? Creating the gel by boiling water and some seeds and use the gel with bacteria to fermenting it and to create a probiotic in gel form?

I read that the gel is rich in carbs and protein so I suppose it can use for that.

dogtrainer

Is it possibile? Creating the gel by boiling water and some seeds and use the gel with bacteria to fermenting it and to create a probiotic in gel form?

I read that the gel is rich in carbs and protein so I suppose it can use for that.
I think it’s possible. Maybe add PHGG to advantage Lactobacillus and Bifido.

I’ve been doing a similar thing with slippery elm + antifungal compounds and I believe it’s working due to my reduction in bloating.

GTW

If the idea is to gain prebiotic benefit without omega3 pufa, I think swallowed whole seeds would do the same with less fuss. Little or no pufa is digested from whole seeds.

OP
T

Trullo

If the idea is to gain prebiotic benefit without omega3 pufa, I think swallowed whole seeds would do the same with less fuss. Little or no pufa is digested from whole seeds.

But is it the gel full of pufa?

GTW

No. That's why as a pufa supplement you must grind the flax. (Unlike chia seed which releases the oil in digestion.)

OP
T

Trullo

I think it’s possible. Maybe add PHGG to advantage Lactobacillus and Bifido.

I’ve been doing a similar thing with slippery elm + antifungal compounds and I believe it’s working due to my reduction in bloating.
What is PHGG?

OP
T

Trullo

No. That's why as a pufa supplement you must grind the flax. (Unlike chia seed which releases the oil in digestion.)
I don't want a pufa supplement but a mean to let bacteria overgrow and use it as a probiotic.

GTW

Exactly. That's why I say, drink or eat the whole unground flax seed. Let your microbiome do the fermentation. No need to do it externally.

OP
T

Trullo

Exactly. That's why I say, drink or eat the whole unground flax seed. Let your microbiome do the fermentation. No need to do it externally.
I want to add probiotic at that fluid and I don't want to ingest flaxseeds.

OP
T

Trullo

Can anyone tell me why after a day of fermentation it smell of rice malt?

GTW

Many probiotics so-called actually function as prebiotics. The probiotics bacteria ingested don't transfer to become established in the gut but do have a beneficial effect on the microbiome.
Intact flax seeds have an additional GI tract effect. First time I heard about it at the local food coop. The manager knew flax seed was in demand particularly for pregnant women, she said, good for constipation and hemorrhoids. Not your current problem? "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

OP
T

Trullo

Many probiotics so-called actually function as prebiotics. The probiotics bacteria ingested don't transfer to become established in the gut but do have a beneficial effect on the microbiome.
Intact flax seeds have an additional GI tract effect. First time I heard about it at the local food coop. The manager knew flax seed was in demand particularly for pregnant women, she said, good for constipation and hemorrhoids. Not your current problem? "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
I don't want to eat them, they're full of toxins that bacteria can destroy during fermentation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals