Fennel Salad

Lilac

I have been making a fennel salad this past month, and I have found it gives me better results than the carrot salad. (I have been eating the carrot salad dutifully, but it has never been a WOW for me.)

I did a search of "fennel" in the forum and found out that it is related to the carrot.

[offtopic]Consequently, in recent years focus has been on other types of potential health promoting compounds. One of these groups of compounds is aliphatic C17-polyacetylenes of the falcarinol-type (Figure ​(Figure1)1) (7−13), which are common in carrots and related vegetables such as parsley, celery, parsnip, and fennel (10,11,14) as well as in medicinal plants such as ginseng (15,16).[/offtopic]

This salad tastes good, so I eat a lot of it, which may help.

Raw fennel, very thinly sliced
Orange, peeled and cut into chunks
Red onion, very thinly sliced
Parsley, chopped
Salt
Orange juice and olive oil (for a dressing)

LadyRae

I've been reading about the benefits of fennel oil for periodontal issues, and apparently it is a really good for digestion and some people drink it in some water first thing in the morning.

@Lilac any updates to share? Thanks 👍

Peachy

I used to make a fennel salad that was so refreshing. Thinly sliced (with a mandolin) fennel and green apple tossed in lime juice topped with some walnuts. Very simple. May have to revisit that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom