Female HRT

chanlaw

My mum is at menopause and has hot flashes. If i want to get her on HRT, it is recommended estradiol, progesterone and DHEA. Should i avoid the estradiol since it is not good and just go for progesterone/DHEA?

mostlylurking

My mum is at menopause and has hot flashes. If i want to get her on HRT, it is recommended estradiol, progesterone and DHEA. Should i avoid the estradiol since it is not good and just go for progesterone/DHEA?
Read up on these things using this search engine: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the search cell on the left. Search for estrogen, progesterone, pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is the precursor for DHEA and is much safer to take than DHEA itself because a little too much DHEA is estrogenic. She should avoid all things estrogenic. Synthetic prescription progestins, the ones physicians like to prescribe are also estrogenic. Stick with bio-identical progesterone. Bio-identical progesterone is available over the counter as Progest-E. Pregnenolone is available without a prescription also.

Progest-E source link: Dr. Peat's Progest E Oil Complex, 34 ml Rub it on the gums, then swallow.
Pregnenolone source link: Products - Pregnenolone - healthnatura.com It's a powder; I put it in my orange juice.

GreenTrails

Read up on these things using this search engine: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless Use the search cell on the left. Search for estrogen, progesterone, pregnenolone. Pregnenolone is the precursor for DHEA and is much safer to take than DHEA itself because a little too much DHEA is estrogenic. She should avoid all things estrogenic. Synthetic prescription progestins, the ones physicians like to prescribe are also estrogenic. Stick with bio-identical progesterone. Bio-identical progesterone is available over the counter as Progest-E. Pregnenolone is available without a prescription also.

Progest-E source link: Dr. Peat's Progest E Oil Complex, 34 ml Rub it on the gums, then swallow.
Pregnenolone source link: Products - Pregnenolone - healthnatura.com It's a powder; I put it in my orange juice.
mostlylurking, thanks for this information. If a person (myself) has had breast cancer, and it was grade 1 infiltrating ductal carcinoma ER +90%, PR negative, HER-2 negative in one breast, and in the other breast grade 1 infiltrating ductal carcinoma that was ER +95%, PR +10%, HER-2 negative. Do you think I would be safe in taking progesterone and pregnenolone?

mostlylurking

mostlylurking, thanks for this information. If a person (myself) has had breast cancer, and it was grade 1 infiltrating ductal carcinoma ER +90%, PR negative, HER-2 negative in one breast, and in the other breast grade 1 infiltrating ductal carcinoma that was ER +95%, PR +10%, HER-2 negative. Do you think I would be safe in taking progesterone and pregnenolone?
Yes I do. But don't take my word for it. Use the search engine link I posted above and read Dr. Peat's articles. You want to avoid all things estrogenic because estrogen causes cancer. Progesterone lowers estrogen in the tissues, then a healthy liver gets rid of it (with the help of a healthy functional intestine). Search for Progesterone and also for Aspirin. Here are three Ray Peat interviews on Progesterone and Estrogen:

Last edited:

GreenTrails

Yes I do. But don't take my word for it. Use the search engine link I posted above and read Dr. Peat's articles. You want to avoid all things estrogenic because estrogen causes cancer. Progesterone lowers estrogen in the tissues, then a healthy liver gets rid of it. Search for Progesterone and also for Aspirin. Here are three Ray Peat interviews on Progesterone and Estrogen:

Thank you so much! I will definitely read these articles.

GreenTrails

Yes I do. But don't take my word for it. Use the search engine link I posted above and read Dr. Peat's articles. You want to avoid all things estrogenic because estrogen causes cancer. Progesterone lowers estrogen in the tissues, then a healthy liver gets rid of it (with the help of a healthy functional intestine). Search for Progesterone and also for Aspirin. Here are three Ray Peat interviews on Progesterone and Estrogen:

I listened to Part 1. Very good information. This is so appreciated! I would like to ask another question, what do you think would be a good pregnenolone dose for me -- 10 mg., 25 mg, or 50 mg.? Thank you! I also want to order some Progest E; what dosage do you think would work best for me? Now I'm going to listen to Part 2.

mostlylurking

I listened to Part 1. Very good information. This is so appreciated! I would like to ask another question, what do you think would be a good pregnenolone dose for me -- 10 mg., 25 mg, or 50 mg.? Thank you! I also want to order some Progest E; what dosage do you think would work best for me? Now I'm going to listen to Part 2.
I have no idea what would be your best dose. You need to read Ray Peat's articles so you understand what these things do. You need to get some progesterone and some pregnenolone and test yourself for your reaction to each. There's a lot of variation in the proper dose for each individual. You tailor the amount of your dose per your reaction to it. Age and health issues enter into the equation. These are considered very safe supplements. Some people find 3 drops of progesterone does what they need. I found I need 1/4 teaspoon of it. I'm 71 and dealing with some pretty serious inflammation and cortisol issues. I've recently increased my pregnenolone dose from 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon/day because my cortisol is so high at night that I am in a lot of pain from it and I'm on a mission to get it back under control. I have some heavy metal (lead) toxicity that I am dealing with that complicates my situation.

I started using progesterone and pregnenolone six years ago when I was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis. I was severely estrogen dominant and had been so for over 35 years. I was in big trouble. I found Ray Peat and learned what to do by reading his articles and listening to his audio interviews.

links: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless to search Ray Peat's articles
and Ray Peat Search to search the audio interviews

Listen to all three interviews on progesterone; it is well worth the time. If you ask your doctor about taking progesterone they will tell you it will give you cancer. Listening to all three interviews will help you understand why the medical industrial complex is anti-progesterone and has labeled it as a carcinogen.

Last edited:

GreenTrails

I have no idea what would be your best dose. You need to read Ray Peat's articles so you understand what these things do. You need to get some progesterone and some pregnenolone and test yourself for your reaction to each. There's a lot of variation in the proper dose for each individual. You tailor the amount of your dose per your reaction to it. Age and health issues enter into the equation. These are considered very safe supplements. Some people find 3 drops of progesterone does what they need. I found I need 1/4 teaspoon of it. I'm 71 and dealing with some pretty serious inflammation and cortisol issues. I've recently increased my pregnenolone dose from 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon/day because my cortisol is so high at night that I am in a lot of pain from it and I'm on a mission to get it back under control. I have some heavy metal (lead) toxicity that I am dealing with that complicates my situation.

I started using progesterone and pregnenolone six years ago when I was stricken with rheumatoid arthritis. I was severely estrogen dominant and had been so for over 35 years. I was in big trouble. I found Ray Peat and learned what to do by reading his articles and listening to his audio interviews.

links: PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless to search Ray Peat's articles
and Ray Peat Search to search the audio interviews

Listen to all three interviews on progesterone; it is well worth the time. If you ask your doctor about taking progesterone they will tell you it will give you cancer. Listening to all three interviews will help you understand why the medical industrial complex is anti-progesterone and has labeled it as a carcinogen.
Thank you very much. I am listening to Part 2 now. I've used pregnenolone in the past, and also progesterone and estradiol which my doctor was prescribing for me. It seems to me that progesterone would be good for me now, but he doesn't think so. I so appreciate your information. I will continue searching and listening to Ray Peat's audio interviews. I'm sorry you are dealing with inflammation and cortisol issues.

mostlylurking

Thank you very much. I am listening to Part 2 now. I've used pregnenolone in the past, and also progesterone and estradiol which my doctor was prescribing for me. It seems to me that progesterone would be good for me now, but he doesn't think so. I so appreciate your information. I will continue searching and listening to Ray Peat's audio interviews. I'm sorry you are dealing with inflammation and cortisol issues.
Thank you.

A number of years ago, back when I used to trust doctors, I used a prescription hormone cream that my doctor prescribed. It was supposed to be just progesterone with a hint of testosterone because I specifically told the doctor that I did not want ANY estrogen in the mix. I used it for maybe a year before I researched the stuff and learned that the mix was in a soy base that was estrogenic on its own. I stopped using it. I do not trust doctors now; they don't get it. They just do what the AMA instructs them to do and don't question anything. Things have gotten very bad. The good doctors all seem to have retired when Obamacare happened.