Female German 4 years on Peat

Rayser

Dear Forum Members, dear Charlie,

I have been reading posts in this forum for more than a year now and found many helpful suggestions. Thank you for that!
At the moment I don't have any health issues but I have fought many and won when I listened to Ray Peat.
Maybe I can contribute something here.

Thank you for this forum!

4peatssake

Rayser said:
Dear Forum Members, dear Charlie,

I have been reading posts in this forum for more than a year now and found many helpful suggestions. Thank you for that!
At the moment I don't have any health issues but I have fought many and won when I listened to Ray Peat.
Maybe I can contribute something here.

Thank you for this forum!

:welcome2 Rayser!

Thank you for joining us!! Your contributions to "our" forum are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

I'm personally very excited to hear about the health issues you have fought and overcome by listening to Ray Peat!

:woo

OP
R

Rayser

Thank you for the warm welcome, 4peatssake (I have been using your name a lot during the last years).
As for the health issues there were hypoglycaemia, hyperthyroidism, estrogen dominance, burn wounds, hair loss, low body temperature/slow metabolism, diabetes II (in a friend) and hashimoto disease, myasthenia gravis (both in a friend) and osteoporosis (in a family member), fertility problems (friends) and some minor things like fungus or eczema.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rayser, welcome to the forum and thanks for joining in! :welcome

Rayser said:
As for the health issues there were hypoglycaemia, hyperthyroidism, estrogen dominance, burn wounds, hair loss, low body temperature/slow metabolism, diabetes II (in a friend) and hashimoto disease, myasthenia gravis (both in a friend) and osteoporosis (in a family member), fertility problems (friends) and some minor things like fungus or eczema.

Thats a big list of problems you listed above. Were all those able to be turned around?

How long ago did you find Ray Peat and how long have you been implementing his knowledge?

Sorry for all the questions. But when we get someone with Peat experience around here we definitely want to hear as much as we can about where you started and where you are. And for you to have no problems to report now is quite fantastic! :rockout

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ok well duh on my part! I had just woken up when I posted above. It says in the subject you have been on Peat for 4 years.

But would definitely like to hear anything you can add about your experience on your Peat journey.

Beebop

Welcome!
I too would like to hear all the details, that list sounds very interesting! I'd particularly like to hear about any success you had with hashimoto's. :)

OP
R

Rayser

Hello again and thank you for the nice welcome!
I am happy to share the experiences I have made or watched others make.
Yes, it all worked out when people listened to Ray Peat. I only mentioned those who did. Many others did not.

As for Hashimotos disease: A friend of mine was feeling off all the time. She was tired, cold, near fainting, felt terrible after eating meat or fish. After a while I discovered Ray Peat (through John R. Lee) and read his articles and after that ordered his newsletter. That was 2008 I think. I was overwhelmed by his detailed and complex knowledge and his way of writing and thinking. I checked most of his references then which I only do every now then today. I know they check out and I am constantly amazed by what he gets out of seemingly uninteresting und not very meaningful studies.

I recommended my friend be tested for hypothyroidism. She had a TSH of 8 and her doctor thought that was fine. He checked her thyroid gland with ultra sound and found that only 1/20th of the tissue was still intact. She refused thyroid supplementation and chose a strict no-iodine-diet. Two years later she lost the control over arms and legs from time to time and went blind for large parts of the day.
Doctors though she was hysterical and sent her home. She had a seizure and couldn't breath anymore. That's when she was diagnosed with Myasthenia gravis. The disease most probably developed because of the untreated Hashimoto. She is on immune suppressing medication and her doctors tell her she will not live long.
So when another friend developed Hashimoto I recommended she quit PUFA and use a combination thyroid supplement. She was depressed up until that point. Her doctors wouldn't prescribe anything but cortisone. When she started thyroid she called me after two hours to tell me I'd been wrong: The effects were after all immediate. She was feeling wonderful. She said it was like the clouds had been torn apart and the sun could shine through.

OP
R

Rayser

Charlie said:
Rayser, welcome to the forum and thanks for joining in! :welcome

Thats a big list of problems you listed above. Were all those able to be turned around?

How long ago did you find Ray Peat and how long have you been implementing his knowledge?

Sorry for all the questions. But when we get someone with Peat experience around here we definitely want to hear as much as we can about where you started and where you are. And for you to have no problems to report now is quite fantastic! :rockout

Thank you again. Yes it is a big list but you must understand that it's not just me but also friends and family and these are things which happend over the last 4 or even 5 years.

I was under the impression that most people here know about Ray Peat or have made some experiences regarding his work?

As for not having problems ... Well, that goes for health issues. But not to be plagued by those makes every other trouble seem manageable. It's especially nice to be able to help some others. Though I have to admit that I have made the oposite experience more often: people who are in dire need of help and refuse to try the simplest remedy like egg shell powder or coconut oil.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rayser said:
She said it was like the clouds had been torn apart and the sun could shine through.

Beautiful. :D

Rayser said:
I was under the impression that most people here know about Ray Peat or have made some experiences regarding his work?

Yes, we all do know Ray Peat and are learning as much as we can about his philosophies. A lot of us only started within the last year or so. So when you come here with 4 years experience, it is a glimpse into the future of where I/we might possibly be in terms of health. You have the experience and lived it for 4 years already! And obviously from your journey, it's working out for you. And in that sense, it gives me much more hope! :D

burtlancast

Are you allowed to order natural thyroid while in Germany ?

I've read on these forums it was quite difficult.

Dan W

Welcome Rayser! And it's interesting to hear all the things you've fixed, I'm always curious about "long-term" Peat people.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think long term Peat people would probably have some of the most robust metabolic rates on the planet. And I think we all know what a good metabolic rate brings. :dance

Zizou

burtlancast said:

Hi,

I got "thiroyd" from Thailand without any problems last summer.

OP
R

Rayser

burtlancast said:

"Allowed"? Well, no. Most of what I do is not "allowed".
But it's not that difficult either.
Progest-E-Complex is difficult.

OP
R

Rayser

Zizou said:
burtlancast said:

Hi,

I got "thiroyd" from Thailand without any problems last summer.

Yes, that's one way and I am fond of NDT thiroyd.

OP
R

Rayser

Charlie, Dan Wich - I had not realized I was "long term" but thank you. I hope I can live up to the expectations.
Mostly it's staying away from PUFA, getting enough salt, sugar, gelatine, milk, egg shell powder, orange juice, bone broth, liver, oysters, light, intellectual stimulants. I use CO2 bags since I heard the youtube interview. But I read about it on the forum, too.
I travel to the mountains as much as possible, use thyroid and occasionally progest-e. I have used cyproheptadine and ondansetrone and bromocriptin to fight a one-time high of prolactin.

I still learn. I re-read the newsletters, articles and books and listen and re-listen to the interviews and ask questions when I need clarification or help. I used to write once a week and get replies very quickly, sometimes within the hour. But I try to go months without contacting Ray Peat. I know he gets hundreds of e-mails and most people need help much more desperately than me. I try to send money whenever I can, usually in cards with the post office.
I am especially intrigued by RPs critique of the state and by governmental support for the abstract arts. Has anybody here read the 2003 newsletter about Wilhelm Reich, oppressive governments?

Beebop

Hi Rayser, what was your experience taking cyproheptadine? Any positive effects/side effects etc. Thanks!

OP
R

Rayser

Hi, Beebop - no effects as far as I can tell. The cyproheptadine must have lowered my serotonin because I noticed the familiar increased need for cascara. But I never realized any dramatic effects. I always use any kind of supplement or drug after meals when I can be sure my blood sugar is high enough. Otherwise I get headaches.
A friend told me about her ondansetron experience - she just loved it and told me about very immediate positive effects. I was hoping for something like that with cyproheptadine but maybe I just didn't need it at the time?