Female German 4 years on Peat

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Right now, I take a 1/4 tsp about 6 times a day. Sometimes I double up for bedtime, so it will be 1/2 tsp.

I would never put salt in my milk or oj. That would really mess up the Peat experience. :lol:

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Right now, I take a 1/4 tsp about 6 times a day. Sometimes I double up for bedtime, so it will be 1/2 tsp.

I would never put salt in my milk or oj. That would really mess up the Peat experience. :lol:

Me neither. I'm not much for baking soda in my oj either, I like to mix my milk and oj and add sugar - yum.

I'll pinch my nose and down the salt water! I drank enough of the Atlantic ocean growing up so I should be fine. :roll:

jyb

Inserting the 1/2 tsp on the tongue (on the middle, not too far back nor on the sides so as not to taste it) with your palm or a spoon, then washing it down with a liquid, and repeat as many times necessary, is a good way to pound salt fast and without any water preparation.

I would love to buy "salt cubes", similar to sugar cubes, so that I could pound salt in the office without anyone thinking I'm weird - the cubes would be white so it'd be assume by others to be sugar.

OP
R

Rayser

I used to pack the salt in gelatine capsules but I don't do that anymore because I'm sure there's more than gelatine to the capsules.
Now I have a little glas jar with salt (about 3 table spoons, a little more maybe) and I use it every now and then.
When I can't sleep I put a table spoon of salt on the middle and the back of my tongue and drink a glas of orange juice.

HDD

Could it be possible that MS symptom is edema (not visible but felt) and that salt relieves or could prevent? I had relief from symptoms when I started adding more salt the other day. I am hoping it int my imagination.

OP
R

Rayser

Ray Peat said in an interview that the last two women who asked him for advise because they'd been diagnosed with MS had the symptoms typical of hypothyroidism (see below). When he treated the hypothyroidism, the MS disappeared with it.
He says it's always important to diagnose the diagnosis (diagnostics) first. Salt will relieve your adrenals, lower cortisol and increase thyroid function a little. After a week of increased salt you can slowly start adding thyroid supplement.

Cold intolerance, increased sensitivity to cold
Constipation
Weight gain and water retention
Bradycardia (low heart rate – fewer than sixty beats per minute)
Fatigue
Decreased sweating
Muscle cramps and joint pain
Dry, itchy skin
Thin, brittle fingernails
Rapid thoughts
Depression
Poor muscle tone (muscle hypotonia)
Female infertility; any kind of problems with menstrual cycles
Hyperprolactinemia and galactorrhea
Elevated serum cholesterol
Goiter
Slow speech and a hoarse, breaking voice – deepening of the voice can also be noticed, caused by Reinke's Edema.
Dry puffy skin, especially on the face
Thinning of the outer third of the eyebrows (sign of Hertoghe)
Abnormal menstrual cycles
Low basal body temperature
Thyroid-related depression
Infertility in both men and women
Mood swings
Acute fatigue syndrome
Stress
Decreased libido in men
hypertension; Hypothyroidism increased peripheral vascular resistance, increase diastolic pressure, increased mean arterial pressure
carpal tunnel syndrome and bilateral paresthesias
Impaired memory
Impaired cognitive function (brain fog) and inattentiveness.
A slow heart rate with ECG changes including low voltage signals. Diminished cardiac output and decreased contractility
Reactive (or post-prandial) hypoglycemia
Sluggish reflexes
Hair loss
Anemia caused by impaired haemoglobin synthesis (decreased erythropoietin levels), impaired intestinal iron and folate absorption or B12 deficiency from pernicious anemia
Difficulty swallowing
Shortness of breath with a shallow and slow respiratory pattern
Increased need for sleep
Irritability and mood instability
Yellowing of the skin due to impaired conversion of beta-carotene to vitamin A (carotoderma)
Impaired renal function with decreased glomerular filtration rate
Acute psychosis (myxedema madness)
Decreased libido
Decreased sense of taste and smell (anosmia)
Puffy face, hands and feet (late, less common symptoms)
Gynecomastia
Deafness
Enlarged tongue

HDD

The diagnosis was 25 yrs ago. MRI and spinal tap. First Dr. did bloodwork and MRI. Ruled out MS. 6 months later, neurologist did another MRI and spinal tap and gave diagnosis. I do have or have had hypothyroid symptoms and probably estrogen issues.

The most severe symptoms have been during 2 of 5 pregnancies. 3 pregnancies, no symptoms. The first major occurrence involved my vision and my gait. Second involved walking. No permanent loss. The last exacerbation was after following a paleo diet. Numbness in both legs.

I had one day this winter around Valentines Day and my birthday when my eating wasn't too good that left leg was painful all day. I checked my temperature and it was 95.5. So I concluded that the symptoms definitely were worse when temperatures were low.

I guess I am hoping that I have hypothyroidism and not MS and all can be healed.

HDD

"For example, a woman who was 6 months pregnant called me around 10 o'clock one morning, to say that she had gone blind, and was alone in her country house. She said she had just eaten breakfast around 9 AM, and wasn't hungry, but I knew that the 6 month fetus has a great need for glucose, so I urged her to eat some fruit. She called me 15 minutes later to report that she had eaten a banana, and her vision had returned."

My vision problems were in early stages of 2nd pregnancy. I suppose it isn't necessarily MS? All th myriad of symptoms these past 25 years I have attributed to MS and stress. Ha.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

OP
R

Rayser

I think medicine is accustomed to using big words for diagnoses in order to be able to prescribe big pills without being questioned. If we stop thinking about a condition in terms of diagnostic names (like cancer, MS, epilepsy) and look for symptoms instead, for what is wrong -- we get closer to the thought that everything can be healed. You take on the problems one by one. Usually they are connected so that when you fix one, you fix another, too. Telling patients they have a disease which has killed many people and cannot be healed is like chaining them with their backs to the wall. They will feel helpless, at the mercy of their doctors -- and serotonin will rise and make every condition worse.
If it's possible, forget about "MS". By the way you were diagnosed alone you can see that making that diagnosis is like reading your future in tea leaves - it's about as accurate, too. Look at your problems and see them for what they are - signs of your body to change something. Ray Peat will help you to find out what that "something" is. Your body is not your enemy. But it needs your mind to be its partner, to listen and help.
Thinking that's not possible will make everything that much harder.
It not true, either.
But I guess you know that or you wouldn't be here.

4peatssake

Rayser said:
If we stop thinking about a condition in terms of diagnostic names (like cancer, MS, epilepsy) and look for symptoms instead, for what is wrong -- we get closer to the thought that everything can be healed. You take on the problems one by one. Usually they are connected so that when you fix one, you fix another, too.

Your body is not your enemy. But it needs your mind to be its partner, to listen and help.

Brilliant!

HDD

Rayser said:
I think medicine is accustomed to using big words for diagnoses in order to be able to prescribe big pills without being questioned. If we stop thinking about a condition in terms of diagnostic names (like cancer, MS, epilepsy) and look for symptoms instead, for what is wrong -- we get closer to the thought that everything can be healed. You take on the problems one by one. Usually they are connected so that when you fix one, you fix another, too. Telling patients they have a disease which has killed many people and cannot be healed is like chaining them with their backs to the wall. They will feel helpless, at the mercy of their doctors -- and serotonin will rise and make every condition worse.
If it's possible, forget about "MS". By the way you were diagnosed alone you can see that making that diagnosis is like reading your future in tea leaves - it's about as accurate, too. Look at your problems and see them for what they are - signs of your body to change something. Ray Peat will help you to find out what that "something" is. Your body is not your enemy. But it needs your mind to be its partner, to listen and help.
It not true, either.
But I guess you know that or you wouldn't be here.

Thank you, Rayser. I do believe everything can be healed. It is taking some time to adjust my thinking and to digest all the information. Hopefully, I will be able to help my kids and others as I gain more understanding. Thanks for sharing on this forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals