Female German 4 years on Peat

Beebop

Rayser said:
The cyproheptadine must have lowered my serotonin because I noticed the familiar increased need for cascara.

I'm not familiar with this relationships between serotonin and cascara - is that to avoid constipation? I need to finish reading that article!

OP
R

Rayser

j. said:
Rayser, what supplements do you take?

It depends a lot on my needs at the time. Always Unique E, Niacinamid, 500mg to 2g ****, Vitamin A (topically), NDT thiroyd
Sometimes: Progest-E, Diamox, Cyproheptadin, Vitamin D3 (topically), flower of sulfur, magnesium citrate, egg shell powder, minocyclin, cascara sagrada powder, baking soda, T3,

And I am sure some things I didn't think of now.

OP
R

Rayser

Beebop said:
Rayser said:
The cyproheptadine must have lowered my serotonin because I noticed the familiar increased need for cascara.

I'm not familiar with this relationships between serotonin and cascara - is that to avoid constipation? I need to finish reading that article!

The lower your serotonin the closer you get to constipation. Ondansetron is now used again chronic diarrhea for instance (and causes headaches because typically blood sugar is too low for the liver to work properly). Cascara (among other things) helps against constipation and (if too much is used) triggers diarrhea.

5magicbeans

Hi Rayser,
I am grateful for all your experienced information! I'm curious about the brand of NDT and dosage you are using. I have not had much change with what I have been using for almost 3 mths. Nutri-meds. I have worked my way up to 1 pill per day. Thank you!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nutri-meds = :thumbdown:

5magicbeans

What I meant to reply with was:
Did you have a bad experience with Nutri-meds, Charlie?
If so, what happened and what are you using instead?
Thanks!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It is very weak and did not work for me. It is reported that over the counter thyroid meds bought in the USA do not have any active hormones in them. Not sure if that is true or not. But I know that nutri-meds did nothing for me.

HDD

I am using Natural Source Raw Thyroid and wonder if I am wasting money on this? My temps. get up to 98+ and sometimes 99+, but I still have MS symptoms. I increased to 2 a day last week and am increasing Progest-E.

OP
R

Rayser

Haagendazendiane said:
I am using Natural Source Raw Thyroid and wonder if I am wasting money on this? My temps. get up to 98+ and sometimes 99+, but I still have MS symptoms. I increased to 2 a day last week and am increasing Progest-E.

I am using NDT from Thailand. I have no idea what's in there exactly but it works well for me.
I use 5 pills during winter and 2 to 3 in summer.
Always checking my temp.
I don't know what nutrimeds are or is.
Have you tried T3 over the day?
Are you eating protein constantly?
Are you using salt?

HDD

Rayser said:
Haagendazendiane said:

I am using NDT from Thailand. I have no idea what's in there exactly but it works well for me.
I use 5 pills during winter and 2 to 3 in summer.
Always checking my temp.
I don't know what nutrimeds are or is.
Have you tried T3 over the day?
Are you eating protein constantly?
Are you using salt?

Hi, Rayser! I take 1 capsule thyroid glandular morning and another late in the day. I haven't been watching protein consumption as I should be so I will count my grams again. I heavily salt foods I can but the only extra is baking soda in morning OJ. My MS symptoms are tied in with perceived stress/nervousness, hormones, weather(?), allergies(?). I have been reading again articles Ray Peat sent to me on MS trying to determine what triggers symptoms and how to determine dosage of supplements. Thank you for replying.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thiroyd from Thailand. That stuff is the real deal and very potent. There is questionable ingredients but I think the benefits far outweigh the extra stuff they put in it so I am not gonna stress it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I don't think anyone really knows. :lol: They wont release the ingredient list because its a proprietary blend.

Here is what we do know:

THIROYD (yes, that’s how they spell it) by Greater Pharma Ltd., a leading Thai Pharmaceutical Manufacturer. An email to a patient by Greater Pharma states that “thiroyd” at one grain contains T3 at 8.31 microgram; T4 at 35 microgram, which is 0.013% and 0.058% respectively. Thyroid patient Samantha states: The Thiroyd tablets are white and have a sweet taste almost like papaya or a similar fruit. They dissolve very well sublingually and seem to have a very good potency. Entire paper insert with info is written in English: Greater Pharma Manufacturing Co. Ltd , 55/2 Phutthamonthon, Nakhon, Pathom. Like Thyroid-S, this is ordered over the net.

Another thyroid patient, Daniella, was told by the makers of Thiroyd that is free of aluminum, which is good news if you are avoiding excesses of aluminum, which has been implicated in Alzheimers.

****If you can find out what the additional fillers are, please let me know via the Contact Me form.

Source of Quote

G

gummybear

Yeah the thiroid is potent no doubt but I asked raymond and he adviced me not to take it

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Gummybear, a lot of people reporting fantastic results with it. I am not comfortable taking synthetic hormones. Maybe my concerns about that are unfounded but I am gonna go with my gut on this one.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals