Female Corner

LadyRae

Do you see a difference between using Cortinon and Progesterone? I have been only using the latter.
My skin is softer and I have smoother skin around my eyes with the Cortinon. Probably because the progesterone and DHEA are suspended in ethanol and a saturated fatty esther, whereas the Progestene is just in ethanol...

But I like to use the Progestene sometimes in the morning after I wash my face, especially on my forehead because I will tend to get oily over the course of the day so I don't need any saturated fatty esters during the day LOL

Advocate2021

Any feedback from sisters here regarding the effects of exposure to male hormones through sexual activity on the menstrual cycle (aside from pregnancy)? makes sense to me that this exposure could certainly interfere. Dr. Peat advised that semen should not really be in or on a woman other than when an egg is fertilized for pregnancy. Touchy explaining this to most men but its a health and hormone balance issue. Curious what you may know/think or have experienced first hand regarding this topic. Thanks!!

L_C

Any feedback from sisters here regarding the effects of exposure to male hormones through sexual activity on the menstrual cycle (aside from pregnancy)? makes sense to me that this exposure could certainly interfere. Dr. Peat advised that semen should not really be in or on a woman other than when an egg is fertilized for pregnancy. Touchy explaining this to most men but its a health and hormone balance issue. Curious what you may know/think or have experienced first hand regarding this topic. Thanks!!
Haha, it is a touchy subject ;). I can tolerate it somewhere on my body (definitely not on my face!).

To answer your question, I think sex (unsure if semen is the culprit) causes the onstart of my period if it's behind. But other than that, I don't have issues with my period.

However, I do think men should only come inside if pregnancy is wanted. Sex, is more to me than satisfying the urges or making babies - in the end we have clitoris for a reason...

Advocate2021

Haha, it is a touchy subject ;). I can tolerate it somewhere on my body (definitely not on my face!).

To answer your question, I think sex (unsure if semen is the culprit) causes the onstart of my period if it's behind. But other than that, I don't have issues with my period.

However, I do think men should only come inside if pregnancy is wanted. Sex, is more to me than satisfying the urges or making babies - in the end we have clitoris for a reason...
i have experienced that in the past as well. however, in a more recent experience a period was actually about to begin on time and there was the hint of it coming and then it just completely ran back in the midst of being sexually active after a significant respite of over a year. wondering if body picked up on it and said oh, not time now, better pull back and put you back to the part of the cycle designed for this? this is a new one; thus my post.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
i have experienced that in the past as well. however, in a more recent experience a period was actually about to begin on time and there was the hint of it coming and then it just completely ran back in the midst of being sexually active after a significant respite of over a year. wondering if body picked up on it and said oh, not time now, better pull back and put you back to the part of the cycle designed for this? this is a new one; thus my post.
Wow, that is a new one for me! I hope you get some good input.

Jennifer

Dr. Peat advised that semen should not really be in or on a woman other than when an egg is fertilized for pregnancy. Touchy explaining this to most men but it’s a health and hormone balance issue.

Melissa, did Ray expand on this and if so, would you mind sharing what he said?

Advocate2021

Semen contains estrogen among.lots of other things a man consumes or has in his body /cells. Dr Peat mentioned studies correlating invreased cancers with semen exposure in a womans various cavities and opined.it should not be ingested,in mouth, vagina, anus or really best not on our skin either.when i pointed out the paradox of.reproduction, he said for that purpose a.protective mechanism kicks in most likely to ensure fertilization and does not create same.risk.

Based upon personal experience, im not.a big proponent of semen in or on me. It can very much disrupt female hormone balance and cause very unpleasant allergic and sensitivity reactions. Touchy subject with a sexual partner i know; but if they dont understand and respect this, at least for me, not the right intimate partner.

Jennifer

Semen contains estrogen among.lots of other things a man consumes or has in his body /cells. Dr Peat mentioned studies correlating invreased cancers with semen exposure in a womans various cavities and opined.it should not be ingested,in mouth, vagina, anus or really best not on our skin either.when i pointed out the paradox of.reproduction, he said for that purpose a.protective mechanism kicks in most likely to ensure fertilization and does not create same.risk.

Based upon personal experience, im not.a big proponent of semen in or on me. It can very much disrupt female hormone balance and cause very unpleasant allergic and sensitivity reactions. Touchy subject with a sexual partner i know; but if they dont understand and respect this, at least for me, not the right intimate partner.

Oh, wow. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing, Melissa. I hope you’re doing better. :)

Lizb

Oh, wow. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing, Melissa. I hope you’re doing better. :)
See to me this fits in with how things might have been before the Fall. I'm thinking this is how God made it to be, intercourse was perhaps only desirable when ovulation was occurring for both males and females. Is that a possibility?...

Ray often said things that I thought were just how things were.....so tropical sweet juicy fruits were the food of life, the food given to us in the garden of Eden. Was the globe actually of one climate where these fruits were worldwide?

His idea that the human organism has every ability to never die..... well that was God's original idea.

See to me this fits in with how things might have been before the Fall. I'm thinking this is how God made it to be, intercourse was perhaps only desirable when ovulation was occurring for both males and females. Is that a possibility?...

Ray often said things that I thought were just how things were.....so tropical sweet juicy fruits were the food of life, the food given to us in the garden of Eden. Was the globe actually of one climate where these fruits were worldwide?

His idea that the human organism has every ability to never die..... well that was God's original idea.
Lol maybe in the kingdom of God there will no longer be any serotonin, estrogen and prolactin as these will have been cast into the Lake of Fire along with Satan and his buddies.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Lol maybe in the kingdom of God there will no longer be any serotonin, estrogen and prolactin as these will have been cast into the Lake of Fire along with Satan and his buddies.
Sounds like a good plan to me. :)

Jennifer

All interesting questions to think about, Liz. :) Is your thinking that our desire for intercourse more frequently than ovulation is influenced by evil forces and not of God’s creation?

evie23

Hi ladies! What are your thoughts on taking progesterone if menstrual cycle is missing? Would it be supportive to regain period/ovulation or a hinderance? I see lots of information for cycling women and post menopause but not amenorrhea.

38 year old female
Cycle missing for over a year. Prior to that was very light spotting each month for about a year.
I've been following a pro-metabolic/peat inspired lifestyle since 2021.

Jennifer

Hi @evie23, I had amenorrhea until my mid 30s and within weeks of taking Progest-E, I got my menstrual cycle. I made the mistake of not cycling it after that and I bled for 10+ days every two weeks until I stopped taking it, however, my cycle was regular after that.

evie23

Hi @evie23, I had amenorrhea until my mid 30s and within weeks of taking Progest-E, I got my menstrual cycle. I made the mistake of not cycling it after that and I bled for 10+ days every two weeks until I stopped taking it, however, my cycle was regular after that.
That's so encouraging to hear. Did you start with a low dose or larger? So it would be best to cycle it two weeks on two weeks off, or continuously until menstrual cycle returns? Then cycle it? I don't have Progest-E, but I do have Progest+ by Forever Healthy and Protect by LIfeblud (both bio-identical progesterone).

Jennifer

@evie23, I started out with a small dose, but not long after I was going through a bottle a week trying to resolve my symptoms. I figured out after talking with Ray that my issue was my thyroid. Personally, I would try cycling it first. From my understanding, the liver will just excrete the progesterone if it’s taken continuously, and you risk premature ovulation. If you haven’t read it already, you might find Ray’s Progesterone Summaries’ article helpful:

LizRey86

Hey evrybody!

I am ex static you developed this thread for us ladies, it does get taxing to have a smaller female presence on here. Not that I don’t respect and appreciate all the guy’s opinions. I definitely do! But… I think they don’t fully understand how much MORE sensitive we are and how our menstrual cycle makes us pivot every month 😂.
Im Liz and Ive been working really diligently to be into this lifestyle all the way. Ive been in and out of different diets my whole life and am currently working my way out of what I call “quasi recovery” which I have been stuck in for several years now, from eating disorders.
Im feeling much better after some wonderful advice from several folks on here, especially @Rinse & rePeat . She has been helping me so much!
I didn’t know people like y’all existed, so willing to help and share and never asking anything in return. Im grateful and feel very blessed ladies.

LadyRae

Hi ladies! What are your thoughts on taking progesterone if menstrual cycle is missing? Would it be supportive to regain period/ovulation or a hinderance? I see lots of information for cycling women and post menopause but not amenorrhea.

38 year old female
Cycle missing for over a year. Prior to that was very light spotting each month for about a year.
I've been following a pro-metabolic/peat inspired lifestyle since 2021.
I had hypothalamic amenorrhea that resulted from too much keto and fasting and long distance running. It took a few years but I got my cycle back with a little bit of topical progesterone cream applied before bed. I used it for 2 weeks and then I'd stop for a week or two regardless of what I felt like my cycle might be doing. After a couple months my cycle returned and for a year it was really short, like 22 days. Now adding in DHEA I have perfect 28 or 29 day cycles and I'm 45. I've had four kids...

akgrrrl

Not to sound too glib whilst chiming in on this topic, but in my lifetime of observing men from several different continents, I can say they are all pretty dang proud of their seed spilling anywhere. (The old ZZTop song "Pearl Necklace" comes to mind) Now that we know their semen once inserted is recoverable as their dna stored in our brain tissue, maybe it could be easier to convince them that its placement is not without consequences. Maybe just leave out the part that autopsy is required to find evidence of their uh, gift?

Jennifer

Im Liz and Ive been working really diligently to be into this lifestyle all the way. Ive been in and out of different diets my whole life and am currently working my way out of what I call “quasi recovery” which I have been stuck in for several years now, from eating disorders.

Hi Liz! :wave: Good for you for working to overcome your ED. I wish you the best in your recovery.

Now that we know their semen once inserted is recoverable as their dna stored in our brain tissue

It is? :shock:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals