Female Corner

LadyRae

Regarding the diva cup, I have been using one for almost 15 years now. I can't imagine anything else! And I've had 4 kids... It has been specially convenient when I was backpacking. I can't imagine packing in (or out! 😩) bulky and gross products.

freyasam

Should I change the title of this thread to the Women’s Corner?
Oh, no, I wasn't referring to the title of this thread. Female Corner seems appropriate because it's for both women and girls.

What I find amusing and telling is men using "females" as a noun to refer to adult women exclusively, while calling themselves men.
Using dehumanizing language for women (used as a noun, it's generally reserved for animals or in a clinical setting) in the same context as humanizing language for men.
I write for a living so how people use words is interesting to me.

Edit to add: the content of that "count" thread was more disturbing to me than anything. Especially when so many women are sexually violated -- are we supposed to include those in our "counts?" Or when we feel threatened so we go along with it because we fear for our safety and we know he'll become violent if we say no? How many women felt awful about themselves reading that little "social experiment?" There's a lot of potential for women to feel traumatized and humiliated in that thread and it's a shame.

But I have no issue with this Female Corner title.

I'm glad there is this thread (and I think a women's health section of the forum) for women to discuss our issues.

Last edited:
OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh, no, I wasn't referring to the title of this thread. Female Corner seems appropriate because it's for both women and girls.

What I find amusing and telling is men using "females" as a noun to refer to adult women exclusively, while calling themselves men.
Using dehumanizing language for women (used as a noun, it's generally reserved for animals or in a clinical setting) in the same context as humanizing language for men.
But really, that thread was a dumpster fire.

I'm glad there is this thread (and I think a women's health section of the forum) for women to discuss our issues.
I'm just fine with either. I think the issue is when the terms are not equally used when comparing men and women...
Thank you both for weighing in- I definitely don’t want to be offensive to my fellow women.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You have nothing to worry about!
Thank you! By today’s standards it’s almost old fashioned to even say female. I could change the title to “Humans Assigned Female at Birth Corner”!!!!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist. ;)

freyasam

I have a question about progest-e.

I've taken it orally by rubbing it on my gums for years but still have lots of estrogen symptoms. A friend suggested I insert it vaginally. I've tried to do this but... it's kind of hard to insert using your fingers. Has anyone found that inserting it via capsule or other method to be effective?

And is vaginal progest-e more effective than oral?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have a question about progest-e.

I've taken it orally by rubbing it on my gums for years but still have lots of estrogen symptoms. A friend suggested I insert it vaginally. I've tried to do this but... it's kind of hard to insert using your fingers. Has anyone found that inserting it via capsule or other method to be effective?

And is vaginal progest-e more effective than oral?
It’s been helpful for me vaginally but I’m menopausal. I also like making a vaginal suppository with Idealabs Cortinon.
I just melt cocoa butter, add the desired amount of progest-e or cortinon, stir and pour the mixture into small silicone candy molds and cool/harden in the freezer for use. There may be better ways but this works for me.

LadyRae

It’s been helpful for me vaginally but I’m menopausal. I also like making a vaginal suppository with Idealabs Cortinon.
I just melt cocoa butter, add the desired amount of progest-e or cortinon, stir and pour the mixture into small silicone candy molds and cool/harden in the freezer for use. There may be better ways but this works for me.
I have been applying a few drops of Cortinon to my freshly washed face before bed, around my nose and eyes.

LadyRae

Do you like the results?
It's only been a few days, so it's a little early to say. But I have been using Progestene topically for a month- smoother skin definitely. Also I have been using a topical DHEA cream that I got off Amazon that has MSM in it and aloe vera and Shea butter- I just use this around my eyes and any dry areas, like I had in that first week of doxycycline. Seems to work really well

LadyRae

I've been taking vitex for a couple months now and also just the small amount of progesterone I've been putting on my face topically has lengthened my cycle from 22 days to 27 days in 3 cycles! No bad pms. A few days ago on the first day of bleeding, I did freak out and cry over too much dog fur on my floor but that's about it... Then I felt better later in the day and I was laughing about it.

The bleeding part of my cycles has never been a problem for me, I've never had any heavy bleeding or cramping. The problem is always been during the PMS week with bloating and depression and sadness. Recovering from hypothalamic amenorrhea (from fasting and too much running) over the last several years I've definitely dealt with very short cycles, so I know that I am now bringing up my progesterone levels which is great

Jennifer

What do you think of your new Diva Cup?

It took some practice getting it positioned right, and the feeling of having it in took some getting used to, but I think it’s great! I’m definitely glad I contacted customer service first and went with the smaller cup instead.

off topic, but anyone know why everyone calls women "females" now? I just skimmed another thread where the OP called women the following: girls, ladies and females. But never women. Is there some reason why the type of young guy who is obsessed with women's "body counts" won't use the word woman? Like half the men in RPF now call women "females." They'll compare "females" or "girls" to "men."

It sounds like they're talking about animals and I find it dehumanizing.

I agree, that whole thread is disturbing....

Yeah, that thread was doomed from the start. I’ve talked about my sexual history in my log so I have no issue discussing the topic, but given certain comments I’ve read on the forum, especially in recent years, I figured there would be some stone throwing.

freyasam

Great idea, thank you!
I looked at the Cortinon but not sure what it is. Vitamin E?

The ethanol in those products always gives me pause but people seem to do well on them...?

freyasam

I've been taking vitex for a couple months now and also just the small amount of progesterone I've been putting on my face topically has lengthened my cycle from 22 days to 27 days in 3 cycles! No bad pms. A few days ago on the first day of bleeding, I did freak out and cry over too much dog fur on my floor but that's about it... Then I felt better later in the day and I was laughing about it.

The bleeding part of my cycles has never been a problem for me, I've never had any heavy bleeding or cramping. The problem is always been during the PMS week with bloating and depression and sadness. Recovering from hypothalamic amenorrhea (from fasting and too much running) over the last several years I've definitely dealt with very short cycles, so I know that I am now bringing up my progesterone levels which is great
That's great! I also had amenorrhea and my PMS issues are depression and moodiness. Once I start bleeding the worst is over. What vitex product do you like?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Great idea, thank you!
I looked at the Cortinon but not sure what it is. Vitamin E?

The ethanol in those products always gives me pause but people seem to do well on them...?
I’ve used the one with tocopherol/SFA-not ethanol for the same reason.

L_C

I have been applying a few drops of Cortinon to my freshly washed face before bed, around my nose and eyes.
Do you see a difference between using Cortinon and Progesterone? I have been only using the latter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals