Female Corner

Advocate2021

Mine too. :)

This is a sensitive question so I hope you don’t mind me asking but when it’s in, do you feel it? That’s the one thing that makes me hesitant to try it. I don’t want to feel like something is stuck in me 24 hours a day.
Nope - just have to make sure you rotate it 360 degrees per instruction so the seal and fit are optimal. Was out on New Year's Eve and didn't even think about it. It's just so much better than having to change tampons and tampons always leak and as I think I might have shared here I had one stuck in me for 2 weeks after Dr Peat passed .I just wasn't myself and somehow I left a freaking tampon in my body for 2 weeks and it was horrible so that's what made me do this I swore that I would never do a tampon ever again

Jennifer

Nope - just have to make sure you rotate it 360 degrees per instruction so the seal and fit are optimal. Was out on New Year's Eve and didn't even think about it. It's just so much better than having to change tampons and tampons always leak and as I think I might have shared here I had one stuck in me for 2 weeks after Dr Peat passed .I just wasn't myself and somehow I left a freaking tampon in my body for 2 weeks and it was horrible so that's what made me do this I swore that I would never do a tampon ever again

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to laugh at your suffering, but the way you said that is just too funny. I love you! Haha! Thank you for sharing. I’ve never used tampons so that’s why I wasn’t sure if you could feel it. You’ve convinced me to try the Diva Cup. Thank you!

Advocate2021

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to laugh at your suffering, but the way you said that is just too funny. I love you! Haha! Thank you for sharing. I’ve never used tampons so that’s why I wasn’t sure if you could feel it. You’ve convinced me to try the Diva Cup. Thank you!
Get the original one made in Canada- worth the extra money for it- i trust it. and no need to apologize for laughing - im laughing now too but at the time it was incredibly traumatic but the blessing in it is it led me to this fantastic discovery!! always a silver lining but i was pretty frantic and am just grateful that my Peaty vagina must be pretty invincible as it was completely unscathed per several medical examinations in my panic so all turned out well considering.

Jennifer

Get the original one made in Canada- worth the extra money for it- i trust it. and no need to apologize for laughing - im laughing now too but at the time it was incredibly traumatic but the blessing in it is it led me to this fantastic discovery!! always a silver lining but i was pretty frantic and am just grateful that my Peaty vagina must be pretty invincible as it was completely unscathed per several medical examinations in my panic so all turned out well considering.

Okay, will do! Thank you. Aww…well, good for you for getting it checked out. I would have been panicking, too.

LadyRae

@Jennifer @Advocate2021 I've used a Diva Cup for about 10 years. I never feel it when it's "in". It seals around the cervix, which I encourage you (and I've had this conversation with my teen daughters)to feel with your fingers first. It's like a soft nose that has descended down towards the vaginal opening.

The healthier your pelvic floor muscles, the less it will leak. As long as I'm walking a few miles a day it never leaks at all, and I don't do kegels, but I've had four children. At night it doesn't leak either, although my 17 year old says hers will. She doesn't walk as much as I do, however.

LadyRae

I've still got blocks pores on my nose, facial hair above my upper lip and chin. I'm 62. Really getting me down.

Anyone else? Any solutions?
Tretinoin cream. Rx, although you can start out with over the counter adapalene gel.

Works amazing after a few months. I'm 45

LadyRae

Oh and since we've discussed our mutual love of mountain hiking, (see my profile banner) , I used my Diva Cup on my big 3.5 week backpacking trip last August. Can you imagine the hassle of packing in and out tampons and panty liners?

Advocate2021

@Jennifer @Advocate2021 I've used a Diva Cup for about 10 years. I never feel it when it's "in". It seals around the cervix, which I encourage you (and I've had this conversation with my teen daughters)to feel with your fingers first. It's like a soft nose that has descended down towards the vaginal opening.

The healthier your pelvic floor muscles, the less it will leak. As long as I'm walking a few miles a day it never leaks at all, and I don't do kegels, but I've had four children. At night it doesn't leak either, although my 17 year old says hers will. She doesn't walk as much as I do, however.
Smart Lady, LadyRae. How did i not know of this marvelous invention 10 years ago?

Jennifer

Thank you for that information, @LadyRae! May I ask you and @Advocate2021, which model you have? I was just looking on the DIVA website and they have 3 different cups. I don’t know which one to get. Model 2 reads age 30+ and/or heavy flow, but when I look at the insertion video, it says that the model 2 is ideal for women who have given birth vaginally, and I haven’t had any children. Then model 1 reads ages 19–30 with medium flow and model 0 reads for teens and first time users. Or do I go by size—smaller person, smaller cup?

Oh and since we've discussed our mutual love of mountain hiking, (see my profile banner) , I used my Diva Cup on my big 3.5 week backpacking trip last August. Can you imagine the hassle of packing in and out tampons and panty liners?

Ohh…good point! Thank you. :praying:

Advocate2021

Thank you for that information, @LadyRae! May I ask you and @Advocate2021, which model you have? I was just looking on the DIVA website and they have 3 different cups. I don’t know which one to get. Model 2 reads age 30+ and/or heavy flow, but when I look at the insertion video, it says that the model 2 is ideal for women who have given birth vaginally, and I haven’t had any children. Then model 1 reads ages 19–30 with medium flow and model 0 reads for teens and first time users. Or do I go by size—smaller person, smaller cup?

hmmm. I followed the stated standards and use 2 because i meet all the criteria- over 30, have had a child and do have days that are heavier in beginning. I know you are quite petite and have not had a child; so despite the chronological age guidelines, would seem model 1 could work for you if you have a lighter flow. i believe the difference is the depth of the cup. you could also call them. but even on the heavier days after 12 hours the #2 cup was not filled to the top, making me think you should be able to use #1.

LadyRae

I use #2

Jennifer

hmmm. I followed the stated standards and use 2 because i meet all the criteria- over 30, have had a child and do have days that are heavier in beginning. I know you are quite petite and have not had a child; so despite the chronological age guidelines, would seem model 1 could work for you if you have a lighter flow. i believe the difference is the depth of the cup. you could also call them. but even on the heavier days after 12 hours the #2 cup was not filled to the top, making me think you should be able to use #1.

Perfect! Thank you. :) I don’t have a heavy flow or babies so model 1 should work fine. Thanks, again! :)

Jennifer

I just ordered it! On the website, they include the dimensions and state that Model 0 is for slim vaginal canals so I contacted them and ended up ordering that one instead. Hopefully, it fits well.

freyasam

I've used Luna pads for years - washable cloth pads. In case it helps anyone.

Last edited:

freyasam

off topic, but anyone know why everyone calls women "females" now? I just skimmed another thread where the OP called women the following: girls, ladies and females. But never women. Is there some reason why the type of young guy who is obsessed with women's "body counts" won't use the word woman? Like half the men in RPF now call women "females." They'll compare "females" or "girls" to "men."

It sounds like they're talking about animals and I find it dehumanizing.

Last edited:

LadyRae

I just ordered it! On the website, they include the dimensions and state that Model 0 is for slim vaginal canals so I contacted them and ended up ordering that one instead. Hopefully, it fits well.
What do you think of your new Diva Cup?

LadyRae

off topic, but anyone know why everyone calls women "females" now? I just skimmed another thread where the OP called women the following: girls, ladies and females. But never women. Is there some reason why the type of young guy who is obsessed with women's "body counts" won't use the word woman? Like half the men in RPF now call women "females." They'll compare "females" or "girls" to "men."

It sounds like they're talking about animals and I find it gross.
I agree, that whole thread is disturbing....

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter

It sounds like they're talking about animals and I find it dehumanizing.
Should I change the title of this thread to the Women’s Corner?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals