Female Corner

Aymen

I bought Palmer's cocoa butter product for stretch marks. It's too early for results, but I get a nice warm feeling when I put it on. A nice vibe I didn't have when using other creams for my dry hands, most of which actually irritated my skin when applied.
stretch marks and loose skin happens when you lose a lot of weight quickly, i did it 6 years ago and i thought it will fade away by time but it didn't, i saw some people talking about applying topical Vitamin A and E on the skin helps to reduce the stretch marks but i never tried it, i think muscle building is good when trying to lose and maintining weight and also it will look better if you gain muscle after getting the loose skin, so peat ideas are helpful here.

but anyway you can try applying a mix of cacao butter, olive oil and coconut oil daily on the stretch marks areas and see what happens in period of months and report back. ;)

somuch4food

when you lose a lot of weight quickly, i did it 6 years ago and i thought it will fade away by time but it didn'

I got some at puberty on my thighs (they did fade) and now after pregnancy, on my tummy. In my case, they are cause by rapid gain, not loss.

but anyway you can try applying a mix of cacao butter, olive oil and coconut oil daily on the stretch marks areas and see what happens in period of months and report back. ;)

That's my plan after I finish the product I bought.

Jennifer

Have any ladies here used Progest-E vaginally and if so, do you find it just as effective as orally and also, would you mind sharing the tools and/or techniques you’ve used to keep it from seeping out? My mum received some bad news recently regarding her health and based on her medical history and stats, I suggested dietary changes (she’s now old-school Peating), upping her dose of vitamin D and NDT, and high dosing Progest-E and thankfully it’s working but the Progest-E is causing her bronchitis to act up due to it irritating her throat and triggering coughing spells upon ingestion so I’m hoping vaginally is just as effective (or possibly even more effective because it will be localized in the area of disease?). I also began using Progest-E again as mainly a precautionary measure and it’s causing sinus congestion and nightmares, signs that it’s bothering my gut, so I’d like to use it vaginally but it seeps out. I’d be very grateful for any suggestions.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Have any ladies here used Progest-E vaginally and if so, do you find it just as effective as orally and also, would you mind sharing the tools and/or techniques you’ve used to keep it from seeping out? My mum received some bad news recently regarding her health and based on her medical history and stats, I suggested dietary changes (she’s now old-school Peating), upping her dose of vitamin D and NDT, and high dosing Progest-E and thankfully it’s working but the Progest-E is causing her bronchitis to act up due to it irritating her throat and triggering coughing spells upon ingestion so I’m hoping vaginally is just as effective (or possibly even more effective because it will be localized in the area of disease?). I also began using Progest-E again as mainly a precautionary measure and it’s causing sinus congestion and nightmares, signs that it’s bothering my gut, so I’d like to use it vaginally but it seeps out. I’d be very grateful for any suggestions.
I have mixed it with melted cocoa butter and put it in a small candy mold then hardened the mixture in the freezer. Using it this way before bed gives it many hours to absorb. Best wishes for your mom.

Last edited:

Lollipop2

I take it vaginally for my change time and it works better for that. It made a big difference in my hormone ratios using vaginally with Cortnon. I think orally works better for other problems like overall estrogen dominance, brain injury, etc.

edit: rubbed externally is good for localized benefit. I do think it must be helping her lungs clean out, but I know it can be troubling for her. I think vaginally is a great option.

YamnayaMommy

I take it vaginally for my change time and it works better for that. It made a big difference in my hormone ratios using vaginally with Cortnon. I think orally works better for other problems like overall estrogen dominance, brain injury, etc.

edit: rubbed externally is good for localized benefit. I do think it must be helping her lungs clean out, but I know it can be troubling for her. I think vaginally is a great option.
If you do vaginal route, you must do it as you go to bed, so you’re horizontal for a while.

verdict is still out for progest e for me. I haven’t noticed any major improvements since taking it, but have definitely noticed that I’m spotting throughout luteal phase (while taking progest e) on current cycle.

It maybe helped with Postpartum/lactating bad libido. But I recently had labs done and my thyroid levels are worse than they were two years ago, before peating. So whatever I’m doing is not working.

Lollipop2

It maybe helped with Postpartum/lactating bad libido. But I recently had labs done and my thyroid levels are worse than they were two years ago, before peating. So whatever I’m doing is not working.
You are in a completely different phase of life to me and Jennifer’s Mother with whom we are suggesting this for. Your problem might be completely different.

Recoen

If you do vaginal route, you must do it as you go to bed, so you’re horizontal for a while.

verdict is still out for progest e for me. I haven’t noticed any major improvements since taking it, but have definitely noticed that I’m spotting throughout luteal phase (while taking progest e) on current cycle.

Have you tried progestene?
Do you have recent labs? I wonder if you need it throughout your entire cycle or a higher dose and frequency?

sweetpeat

I use progesterone mostly vaginally, but I use the Health Natura brand. It's not as sticky and gummy as Progest E and so I find it easier to work with. Goes down much easier for me orally. But I don't take large doses so I don't know if switching brands would help your mom when it comes to taking large oral doses. Just thought I'd mention the different consistencies in case it's helpful.

Based on symptoms and lab work, I find I'm able to take considerably less progesterone vaginally as opposed to orally to get the same or even better results. In my case, I get lab results 4-5 times higher with vaginal. So I much prefer the vaginal route. I don't have much problem with leakage because I'm only taking 1-3 drops at a time once or twice a day.

Jennifer

Thank you so much for the advice, everyone! My mum and I really appreciate it. We think your suppository idea is brilliant, @Blossom, and it’s great to know vaginal application is so effective, @sweetpeat and @Lollipop2, and that the Health Natura brand isn’t as sticky — we’ll order it when we run out of Progest-E.

In the past, I had problems with Progest-E too, @YamnayaMommy. It used to cause multiple ovulations, and bleeding for more than 2 weeks, each month. My mum is in her early 60s and has had a completely opposite experience with it. So far, in combination with increasing her thyroid dose, it’s pretty much working miracles.

Last edited:

mbachiu

do you track your food (minerals & vitamins) through cronometer? Usually if progesterone is causing this response it’s because minerals are low or you might not be getting enough fuel? Just a thought

Lollipop2

the Health Natura brand isn’t as sticky — we’ll order it when we run out of Progest-E.
Hey @Jennifer, do your research about Health Natura progesterone. Read through old progesterone threads. Several people had problems with it and did not get good results. Seems to be hit or miss. Then again, same with Progest-e - lol. I trust Ray’s formula and quality.

I think vaginally is far superior. AND make sure you work on her liver and thyroid. When both are working well, progesterone works much better -personal experience n=1.

Recoen

do you track your food (minerals & vitamins) through cronometer? Usually if progesterone is causing this response it’s because minerals are low or you might not be getting enough fuel? Just a thought
Are there specific minerals we should be looking out for?

Jennifer

Hey @Jennifer, do your research about Health Natura progesterone. Read through old progesterone threads. Several people had problems with it and did not get good results. Seems to be hit or miss. Then again, same with Progest-e - lol. I trust Ray’s formula and quality.

I think vaginally is far superior. AND make sure you work on her liver and thyroid. When both are working well, progesterone works much better -personal experience n=1.
Thank you very much for the heads up, Lisa! :) We’ll stick with Progest-E then since it’s working and we’re taking it vaginally now anyway so its viscosity doesn’t matter. I had her start high dosing Progest-E (she’s going through more than a bottle a week) and up her thyroid dose by a grain the same day we found out about her cancer diagnosis. She was hemorrhaging so bad she spent the night on the toilet, but the bleeding stopped within a day of high dosing the Progest-E and upping her NDT, thankfully. She’s consuming the carrot salad daily, milk, cheese, mild yogurt, eggs, fruit, potatoes, gelatin, seafood, beef, coffee, coconut and butter for fats, and occasional sourdough toast because she enjoys it and I think it’s important she enjoys her diet.

It has only been about a week since the dietary and supplement changes and so far, along with the bleeding ceasing, the chronic edema she had in her legs is gone (she spent the first couple of days with frequent urination), her blood pressure went from averaging in the high 180s/100s for decades to now averaging in the 130s/80s, she’s sleeping 5 hours straight through the night — prior to this, she went decades averaging no more than 2 hours of sleep and needing to pee as much as 3x per night — and she has much less body pain — she had a chronic knee pain that completely disappeared within a day. She had already reintroduced dairy and cut out most fiber a month prior and her chronic diarrhea and migraines disappeared.

Last edited:
OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you very much for the heads up, Lisa! :) We’ll stick with Progest-E then since it’s working and we’re taking it vaginally now anyway so its viscosity doesn’t matter. I had her start high dosing Progest-E (she’s going through more than a bottle a week) and up her thyroid dose by a grain the same day we found out about her cancer diagnosis. She was hemorrhaging so bad she spent the night on the toilet, but the bleeding stopped within a day of high dosing the Progest-E and upping her NDT, thankfully. She’s consuming the carrot salad daily, milk, cheese, mild yogurt, eggs, fruit, potatoes, gelatin, seafood, beef, coffee, coconut and butter for fats, and occasional sourdough toast because she enjoys it and I think it’s important she enjoys her diet.

It has only been about a week since the dietary and supplement changes and so far, along with the bleeding ceasing, the chronic edema she had in her legs is gone (she spent the first couple of days with frequent urination), her blood pressure went from averaging in the high 180s/100s for decades to now averaging in the 130s/80s, she’s sleeping 5 hours straight through the night — prior to this, she went decades averaging no more than 2 hours of sleep and needing to pee as much as 3x per night — and she has much less body pain — she had a chronic knee pain that completely disappeared within a day. She had already reintroduced dairy and cut out fiber a month prior to the diagnoses and her chronic diarrhea and migraines disappeared.
That’s great! I hope she continues to feel better.

Lejeboca

It has only been about a week since the dietary and supplement changes and so far, along with the bleeding ceasing, the chronic edema she had in her legs is gone (she spent the first couple of days with frequent urination), her blood pressure went from averaging in the high 180s/100s for decades to now averaging in the 130s/80s, she’s sleeping 5 hours straight through the night — prior to this, she went decades averaging no more than 2 hours of sleep and needing to pee as much as 3x per night — and she has much less body pain — she had a chronic knee pain that completely disappeared within a day. She had already reintroduced dairy and cut out most fiber a month prior and her chronic diarrhea and migraines disappeared.

I think Dr. Peat was saying that with time liver becomes to efficient in "processing" (and excretinng) progesterone. So even in your mom's situation, I'd still cycle it or maybe just cycle (oscilate) the dose, maybe 14-day cycle (wave).

MatheusPN

I think Dr. Peat was saying that with time liver becomes to efficient in "processing" (and excretinng) progesterone. So even in your mom's situation, I'd still cycle it or maybe just cycle (oscilate) the dose, maybe 14-day cycle (wave).
Then switching the route to transdermal can be another solution, as the tissue close to the application will utilize it mostly, not the liver. The effects will be different, as the skin has more 5-ar for example...

And on Generative Energy Podcast, Calcium, Phosphate, Authoritarianism, Eugenics, and CIA Spymaster Allen Dulles:
41:20 "Ray recalls a woman with severe hyperestrogenemia who didn’t respond to 400 milligrams of progesterone who likely needed to work on the liver to restore balance"
Found thanks to Danny

Lejeboca

Then switching the route to transdermal can be another solution, as the tissue close to the application will utilize it mostly, not the liver. The effects will be different, as the skin has more 5-ar for example...

And on Generative Energy Podcast, Calcium, Phosphate, Authoritarianism, Eugenics, and CIA Spymaster Allen Dulles:
41:20 "Ray recalls a woman with severe hyperestrogenemia who didn’t respond to 400 milligrams of progesterone who likely needed to work on the liver to restore balance"
Found thanks to Danny
Switching method or place of application seems a good idea, instead of cycling, e. g.
I would definitely work on the liver for anything in high doses or of high frequency.
Something like supplementing with a bit of Swedish bitters or milk thisle.