Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Female Corner

Discussion in 'Female Issues' started by Blossom, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Jon

Jon Member

Ah so then you are still vegan?

Well sounds like you've made some excellent headway! I've said it before elsewhere but the number one thing that I felt like regulated me for adrenals and stress cycles in general (aside from following my tastebuds) was just letting go alittle bit. I'm a performance head though, so I'm sure some of the severity of my issues was driven by the fact that I'm not very patient with myself lol I have a hard time accepting that I suck at something. This usually drives me to jump the gun and try to fix everything that's going wrong in one day which never works out well.

Anyway, it took me NOT taking that approach and living in the suck and just learning to be ok with a slow mend.

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Yep, I went back to veganism after half a decade of slowly getting worse following protocols like WAPF which included a period of raw meat, RBTI, Matt Stone/youreatopia refeeding guidelines and then standard Peating which led to consuming nothing but milk and honey when I stopped tolerating everything. I was trying to fix my spine.

Me too!! Letting go has been huge in my healing. I'm a recovering perfectionist...which means I still occasionally beat myself up if I'm not nailing letting go. lol Yep, I definitely have made headway. The biggest was learning how to walk again after fracturing half my spine. All that's left is to continue regenerating it so that the kyphosis that developed from all the compression fractures straightens out.

3. RWilly

RWilly Member

I was hoping all of you might be able to give me some advice. I suspect that I have PCOS, although I do not have all the symptoms. I'm in menopause, have fatty liver, hirutism on the chin, have had lots of female issues in my life, although periods were always on schedule when I was menstruating. I've had an ovary removed due to cysts, and I have a 9 month pregnant belly. My fasting insulin is very high, my coritisol is normal, my blood sugar is normal, my triglycerides are almost in range and I have normal blood pressure. I have a very hard time losing weight. I'm hot all the time. As far as energy goes, I feel healthy. I'd just like to work on my appearance.
    I've done practically every mix and match diet and supplement routine you can think of. I'm new to peating, and still not sure if I should go high fat or low fat. Any suggestions?

4. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Welcome @RWilly. This link might be a good starting point in regards to diet.
    Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, And General Guidelines
    Using Progest-e directly on the areas of hirsutism may be helpful. It was mentioned in one of the herb doctors interviews with Peat and one of our members reported it worked for reducing her unwanted facial hair.
    I'm glad you are here and I hope you receive lots of input on your situation!

5. RWilly

RWilly Member

Thanks for the tip Blossom. And wow! That is a lot more protein than I would have guessed. I was thinking 2 glasses of milk and some cheese every day, with eggs a few times a week would have covered my protein needs. Glad I asked.

What are your thoughts on nuts? It is a whole food with protein and vitamin E.

6. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

Generally people who follow Ray's work avoid nuts and seeds because of the high amount of PUFA. Did you know Ray has a site with a lot of informative articles?
    Fats and degeneration
    He has a few including the one above on PUFA.

7. RWilly

RWilly Member

I hadn't read that article yet. Good info.

It just seems like nuts would be something that our bodies should be able to handle normally, since our ancestors use to forage for nuts. I would think the surounding compounds found in a whole foods that protect its PUFA from oxidation, such as vitamin E and other phytonutrients, would be the type of compounds we should ingest for PUFA detox. (I'd prefer not to supplement with E, as synthetic E has had its issues.)

And then of course the question is, how much of that vitamin E would be available for our body's PUFA stores, if its already in use managing the nut's PUFA stores?

8. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I'm sure we can handle nuts but I don't think they are optimal for regular consumption. The impression I get from reading Peat is that in the absence of PUFA not much vitamin E is even necessary. Of course each person should make their own informed decisions regarding food based on personal preference and tolerance. Peat has put his well thought out and researched ideas online for people to read and decide for themselves. I decided to give his ideas a shot about 5 years ago because what I was doing wasn't working out so well for me.
    If you are currently enjoying nuts I'll be the last person to try to stop you! I will merely encourage you to read his articles and listen to his interviews and keep an open mind. I'm certain I eat a bit differently than Peat himself, after all we each have to do the best we can for our own situation.

9. RWilly

RWilly Member

Thanks Blossom. Would you happen to have a link where Peat discusses the PUFA detox process? And would you happen to know if he thinks that saturated fat plays a role in the detoxification process (other than using saturated fat as a safe fat)?

10. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I don't have a link handy at the moment (at work) but I'm sure that the information is somewhere here on the forum. If not I may be able to find some quotes in one Ray's old newsletters. I'll look around when I get some free time tomorrow and maybe between now and then someone else might chime in on the topic!

11. RWilly

RWilly Member

That's okay Blossom. I don't want you to go out of your way. I'll do a little more digging to see if I can find it.

12. OP
    Blossom

Blossom Moderator

I think honestly this is the best place to start. Haidut has pulled everything together nicely already.
    A Must-read PUFA Primer

13. Mad

Mad Member

Hi ladies,

Has anyone continued high ish doses of vitamin A while pregnant?

We've all heard the warnings of vitamin A toxicity during pregnancy causing birth defects; only about 2,500 IU daily is recommended during pregnancy. 5,000 IU seems to be the average recommendation by RP, or up to much more than than depending on thyroid function and balance with other fat solubles.

I'm currently taking a 25,000 IU dose of retinyl palmitate about every 2-3 days. If I go longer than this without the vitamin A, I develop acne, particularly on my forehead.
    I'm thinking ahead about if I were to get pregnant, how much I would need to reduce my dose by? (Btw my husband and I aren't particularly trying yet, but we may soon.)

14. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Restroom
    Really? A pool table?
    No need to know spanish (learn dutch instead), subtitles are available.

15. alywest

alywest Member

The secret's out now...