Female Corner

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If I were a lady, I'd want a site like toxinless.com for cosmetics. The cosmetics safety database isn't very quality.
That's a great idea. Maybe @Dan Wich might consider adding a cosmetic section to his site. We could probably help him out if he is willing by getting information about the various ones mentioned in this thread.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you @Blossom —-laughing at myself. I should have known RPF would have a thread...
Other things you might want to let your friend know: Avoid constipation/straining to have a bowel movement as that can worsen a prolapse. If she has a chronic cough then correcting that is a good idea too.
I've also heard good things about this exercise program:
Hab-it Exercises - Hab-it

alywest

Other things you might want to let your friend know: Avoid constipation/straining to have a bowel movement as that can worsen a prolapse. If she has a chronic cough then correcting that is a good idea too.
I've also heard good things about this exercise program:
Hab-it Exercises - Hab-it

That's a really good point, Blossom! Has anyone else tried or heard of this? It's a combo of calcium carbonate, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C that's supposed to hydrate the fecal matter so that it comes out smaller and without straining. The website is worth a read anyway as he talks about the different laxatives on the market and pretty much says all of them except for milk of magnesia and epsom salt and suppositories are downright dangerous.

Ageless Nutrition: Hydro-C

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's a really good point, Blossom! Has anyone else tried or heard of this? It's a combo of calcium carbonate, magnesium, potassium and vitamin C that's supposed to hydrate the fecal matter so that it comes out smaller and without straining. The website is worth a read anyway as he talks about the different laxatives on the market and pretty much says all of them except for milk of magnesia and epsom salt and suppositories are downright dangerous.

Ageless Nutrition: Hydro-C
I hadn't heard of that particular product but I know high dose vitamin C works for some people as well as magnesium so it makes sense that the combination would be effective. I wonder if the citric acid in it is acting as a preservative? I know Peat isn't a fan of citric acid but sometimes not going (especially when dealing with a prolapse) seems more harmful and painful than taking something to assist the bowels. Finding the least harmful way of encouraging a bowel movement can become a real dilemma! Thanks so much for the link-the comparison chart was very informative.

catan

Thanks for sharing catan.

Was there any particular reason that you continued progest e during the first two trimesters but not the third?

Were you dosing daily during pregnancy or still cycling your dosage like you were pre pregnancy?

I read that the progesterone production naturally tapers off in the third trimester. A couple pregnant women I know were advised to take progesterone suppositories to prevent premature labor (they have histories). I think I stopped around 30-32 weeks. My baby was born at 40 weeks. But my first baby also reached 4o weeks gestation without any progesterone supplementation.

I dosed daily during pregnancy. I have miscarried once before, so I figured progesterone can only help, especially with a nursling... I had uterine contractions when she nursed during pregnancy that worried me.

Dan W

Maybe @Dan Wich might consider adding a cosmetic section to his site.
I'm having trouble even keeping up with the pages I do have, but if everyone agrees on some outstanding products, I could do a little placeholder page to link to the relevant threads.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm having trouble even keeping up with the pages I do have, but if everyone agrees on some outstanding products, I could do a little placeholder page to link to the relevant threads.
Thanks @Dan Wich!

Mad

I read that the progesterone production naturally tapers off in the third trimester. A couple pregnant women I know were advised to take progesterone suppositories to prevent premature labor (they have histories). I think I stopped around 30-32 weeks. My baby was born at 40 weeks. But my first baby also reached 4o weeks gestation without any progesterone supplementation.

I dosed daily during pregnancy. I have miscarried once before, so I figured progesterone can only help, especially with a nursling... I had uterine contractions when she nursed during pregnancy that worried me.

Thanks for sharing your experience. After hearing yours and others' stories, if I am still using progest e when I conceive then I'll feel more comfortable about continuing use during pregnancy (as long as my health care provider agrees).

catan

I’m wondering how dosing of pansterone works for this, and how long does the effect last?

I found this advice in another thread once but I can't remember where, so I'll have to repeat it without giving the person credit. However I have tried it myself and can attest that it does work quite well, and that is a couple of drops of pansterone (in mct oil base) in the vaginal canal is awesome for tightening, or apparently as Peat puts it, making tissue more "elastic" down there. Seriously it's funny, there are so many doctors out there who not only prescribe estrogen for this issue (as well as dryness) but I have also noticed a lot of plastic surgeons who specialize in tightening the V. I wish I could stand outside one of the clinics with bottles of pansterone.
I think it's definitely an issue especially for women who have given birth vaginally. I honestly hate it and never thought it would bother me as much as it does, but it actually takes all the pleasure out of sex for me if my V feels too "floppy" (sorry I know that's gross way of putting it, but it's the best word to describe how it feels for me.) But apparently this could be good for moms to be as well according to the previous postings. I notice during different times of the month it will vary from having some tone, to having really low tone, so I think it's definitely hormone related.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’m wondering how dosing of pansterone works for this, and how long does the effect last?
There are probably many ways to use it and I've used it in various ways. At one point I applied it directly with my fingers but lately I've been mixing it in melted cocoa butter with some progesterone and putting it in chocolate chip candy molds in the refrigerator to harden. I apply a couple 'chips' inside. I do notice a sensation of warmth as they melt and absorb. I put 50mg pansterone and 50mg progesterone in the melted cocoa butter and it filled 100 chip molds so I figured I'm getting about .5mg each of dhea, pregnenolone and progesterone per chip. Sorry I wasn't very scientific about it and didn't think about sharing my recipe so I don't remember exactly how much cocoa butter I used!
ETA: I posted my math incorrectly the first time and had to edit this!

Last edited:

alywest

Every four drops of pansterone is 5 mg of pregnenalone and 5 mg of DHEA. I always used about 2-3 drops and just applied with my fingers up the vaginal canal. I like Blossom's idea of making a suppository~much more reliable plus you could get your progesterone in the same dose! I noticed when I did the pansterone it took about a week to notice results, and when I stopped when I ran out it took a couple of weeks before the effects wore off. I don't know why I didn't run to my computer to purchase more ASAP but I guess I really like putting myself through miserable situations for no reason! Seriously, I think I hold a lot of stress in my V and over time it starts to get numb and I feel almost nothing there.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I don't know why I didn't run to my computer to purchase more ASAP but I guess I really like putting myself through miserable situations for no reason!
I do that too but I'm getting better!:???:
The only problem I have with the suppositories is that they melt really quick. I have to store them in the freezer and put them in a small dish because if I hold them in my hand they melt before I can get them applied. I also like the fact that there's some vitamin E in them from the simply progesterone which would be the case if using progest-e too.

catan

Is there any difference applying in the morning vs night, and at different points in your cycle?

Every four drops of pansterone is 5 mg of pregnenalone and 5 mg of DHEA. I always used about 2-3 drops and just applied with my fingers up the vaginal canal. I like Blossom's idea of making a suppository~much more reliable plus you could get your progesterone in the same dose! I noticed when I did the pansterone it took about a week to notice results, and when I stopped when I ran out it took a couple of weeks before the effects wore off. I don't know why I didn't run to my computer to purchase more ASAP but I guess I really like putting myself through miserable situations for no reason! Seriously, I think I hold a lot of stress in my V and over time it starts to get numb and I feel almost nothing there.

alywest

Just a tip for anyone who's interested: I've tried pretty much all the different progesterone oils, and I personally think the most economical brand is Ona's. The bottle contains 5680 mg Progesterone and 28400 IU Vitamin E for $36 and no shipping. Shipping has always been prompt and supposedly the customer service rocks although I've never had a reason to call. Here's the link to the oil: Ona's Natural 10% Progesterone Oil, Vitamin E, 2 oz Eye Dropper

alywest

Is there any difference applying in the morning vs night, and at different points in your cycle?

I don't think so, I would always do it in the morning, though. You could probably get away with every other day but I would maintain it throughout the month except during menstruation simply because I doubt it would actually absorb. But I would definitely miss days sometimes and it wasn't an issue until I got to the two week mark.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I suppose it would depend on your particular situation. I always thought that it was ideal when applying anything per the vagina to do so before bedtime just because you are in a supine position and don't have gravity working against you as compared to when you are up moving around a lot. For prolapse I know Peat has mentioned dhea/progesterone 2x daily so inevitably in that case you'd end up with an application both morning and night. The only thing I can figure to do if there is trouble with retaining whatever is applied would be to lie down or recline for 15-30 minutes after application. I know- easier said than done and this one is nearly impossible for me on days or nights where I'm working a 12 hour shift! Many times I only get one application in per day on work days but I aim for 2 applications about 12 hours apart on my days off. So I personally think it's ideal to to try to recline or lie down if possible after application to promote absorption even though I'm not always able to do so myself. I can only imagine that it would be even more difficult to do this with young children around.:):

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals