Felt Weird, Went To ER.

kringlecold

A few days ago after a long day of work in a restaurant kitchen, I came home at around 12 and drank a quart or so of milk, an 1/8th of t4, and 5 aspirin with vit. k life extensions brand.
I woke up 4 hrs/ later feeling strong pressure in my head and dizziness.
I went to the ER and they said I was dehydrated.
I'm wondering if the aspirin added to this as I'm 23 and am never dehydrated?

I had the same feeling today a day after and it went away with a few glasses of water. I don't understand how I would get this feeling with all the milk I drink too, my pee all day even then was completely clear.

Any idea on what could be causing this weird sensation? is it just dehydration? I also take a mag supp. a niacin supp. and vit. e daily, and eggshell calcium. I'm worried I don't get enough salt but that day I had ice cream which is salty and salt in eggs, but not that much really.
Thanks for any help.

J

j.

Change one variable at a time, that way it's easier to figure out which is causing trouble.

OP
K

kringlecold

Well, at first I wondered if the aspirin and vit. k combined with dehydration after a long shift may have caused it as that is something I'm new too.
On the other, I'm getting cotton mouth every ten minutes or so while in between reps at the gym, any exercise really seems to dry me out quick.
So I'm wondering if I should add salt somewhere to help with that.

Other than that, I've been taking a good amount of magnesium,thiamin, niacinamide, etc. but below about a 100mg. a day of each, so there could be something there but I doubt it.

I've been taking an 1/8 of cynoplus a day due to night time depression and it helped, raised my temps, but also caused insomnia. I contacted ray peat and he said it takes a few weeks to adjust.

Also, I take a tbsp. of egg shell calcium in addition to my 2 qts. of milk daily as I was getting arthritis like feeling in my right wrist. Perhaps I have too much calcium in me?

So for now I've stopped the cynoplus and will ease up on everything else besides the calcium for a few days and see what happens. I already am feeling a dizzy withdrawal from the cynoplus though, but I'll just wait it out. I remember when i first started taking cynoplus alone, around nighttime if I hadn't taken it yet I would get dizzy until i took it. Not sure why.

OP
K

kringlecold

Also, adding to my symptoms: on the first day when i went to the rR in addition to having trouble breathing my legs from the knees down shook violently involuntarily and I had trouble thinking, I was slurring words. This could just be from the panic I was feeling from the new sensation.

Today when I experienced it an hour into work-terrible dish washing- I started to get the same passing pressure feeling in my head, difficulty breathing, and general difficulty swallowing almost like I was gasping for air and didn't want to swallow because of that.

Another thing to add, the day before I whacked my neck with a heavy metal pipe right in the soft area of the neck to the carotid artery. It was so hard that I felt dizzy at first and it's still sore today 4-5 days later. The first few days it hurt to swallow and rise from laying down. Could this have somehow screwed up something in me to cause this, maybe cartilage was knocked from my neck into one of the "pipes" and it's making it difficult for oxygen to get to my brain?

It's crazy but it could be, maybe.

OP
K

kringlecold

I noticed the symptoms-pressure in head, hot flashes, difficulty breathing- flared up when I took another vit. k supplement last night(life extensions brand).

I'm going to the doc. tomorrow. I'm peeing way too much for comfort and feel too much heat coming from my abdomen now.

J

j.

kringlecold said:
I noticed the symptoms-pressure in head, hot flashes, difficulty breathing- flared up when I took another vit. k supplement last night(life extensions brand).

Then there are at least 4 possibilities. You react badly to:

1. Vitamin K1
2. Vitamin K2 of the form MK4
3. Vitamin K2 of the form MK7
4. Some additive in the pill

OP
K

kringlecold

j. said:
kringlecold said:

Then there are at least 4 possibilities. You react badly to:

1. Vitamin K1
2. Vitamin K2 of the form MK4
3. Vitamin K2 of the form MK7
4. Some additive in the pill

Yeah, the only thing I don't get is why they would act up all of a sudden. I've taken about 80 of those before noticing an issue, now just recently when two were combined with 5 aspirin this happened.

Also, darkness is bothering me a lot more now for some reason.
Perhaps too much calcium, not enough vit.d lately from sun, and too much vit. k?

Also I noticed when I ate a steak before I was hungry again, about 2 hrs.from a meal, I started to get the "headache" again. Perhaps something to do with the parathyroid?

OP
K

kringlecold

I drank a coffee tonight(magnesium) and the pressure in my head subsided, last night I took some magnesium citrate and teh pressure in my head subsided enough to allow me to sleep.
Could magnesium deficiency + too much calcium have had some effect on something like the parathyroid?
Again, I have not been getting much vit. d from the sun.

OP
K

kringlecold

I took about double the daily amount of magnesium citrate before bed and my temp went from like 97.3 to 98.0 real quick. Still feel a pressure in my head, somewhat hard to breath like before as well.

OP
K

kringlecold

Doctor today explained to me vit. k and aspirin do in no way effect one another. To reduce sugar, lower salt,remove coffee, to eat lean meats, and to stay away from magnesium citrate, thiamin, etc. and just get a 1 a day men's vitamin.
The headache should just go away. The warmth in my stomach is just acid reflux from the coffee and orange juice.

4peatssake

kringlecold said:
Doctor today explained to me vit. k and aspirin do in no way effect one another. To reduce sugar, lower salt,remove coffee, to eat lean meats, and to stay away from magnesium citrate, thiamin, etc. and just get a 1 a day men's vitamin.
The headache should just go away. The warmth in my stomach is just acid reflux from the coffee and orange juice.
:eek
Clearly, your doctor has never heard of Raymond Peat!

OP
K

kringlecold

The last few days I've noticed I'm extra sensitive to dark to where I will get what seems like panic attacks unless I leave the tv light on.

I've also noticed last night when i woke up with a scary headache that I'm much more sensitive to the dust in y house to the point where I couldn't breathe well at all until I went outside where I ended up sleeping.

OP
K

kringlecold

I contacted Peat, he says taking too many aspirin may have damaged my intestines leading to endotoxin and allergy problems.

How do I fix that? I've been eating a raw carrot salad daily as is.

4peatssake

kringlecold said:
I contacted Peat, he says taking too many aspirin may have damaged my intestines leading to endotoxin and allergy problems.

How do I fix that? I've been eating a raw carrot salad daily as is.
Can you tell us exactly what Peat wrote to you and your question.

Did he not say how you might resolve this?

mandance

Id be curious to know also. I think a lot of people have damaged intestines these days and it can cause so many problems.

OP
K

kringlecold

Question:

Hi,

I'm noticed that in the past few days I've been extra sensitive too light to where I can't sleep without the tv on or otherwise I'd suffer from panic attacks.

I also noticed tonight that I experienced the same dizzying, head pressure feeling with hot flashes and chills all over my body when I woke up and found I was having trouble breathing.
I've noticed lately I'm more sensitive to dusty smells in my house, so i slept outside and could immediately breath much better.

Do you know if this could be indicative of anything?

It all started after I took a more than normal amount of aspirin with my 1/8th of cynoplus/t4. I've stopped taking cynoplus and aspirin in the week since these issues appeared.

Answer:Too many aspirins at once might have hurt your intestine, making you have endotoxin and allergic problem.

Vinero

I think I'm having the same troubles as you have. Pressure inside and on the sides of my head, feeling anxious and panicky, breathing not comfortably, intestines making weird noises, and some involuntary muscle twitches.
I emailed ray peat about this too and he said it was possible I was reacting to some allergen.
But hey i was popping an aspirin every day for a few months (no vitamin k) so maybe I damaged my intestines. I do think it is endotoxin related but not sure. I never had these weird sensations in my head and body before Peating. So I'm going to eat like I did before I encountered ray peat. Not because I think Ray peat is wrong, but because it's highly probable that I am reacting to one "peat approved food" that's causing my troubles. Maybe all the sugar I'm eating doesn't get digested and feeds bacteria, so I'm going to eat only starches now (rice and potatoes), with meats just like I did 2 years ago when my health was fine.
I have to admit Ray Peats way of eating has given me tremendous amounts of energy, but I rather have less energy and not experiencing these disturbing sensations.

OP
K

kringlecold

Well, that's one way of doing it.
I'm starting to feel better having laid off the aspirin and other supps. besides vit.e for the past week. I also am making an effort every day to have a large carrot salad and though I'm not noticing any measurable results, I'll report back if I do.

Hope everything works out for you Vinaro, I think Peat himself said that he never has prescribed a one-size-fits all.

Vinero

I hope it works out for you too. This is really the only negative experience I had so far eating along ray peats guidelines. My energy levels, sociability, and mood have increased tremendously thanks to ray peat. I also lost excess weight and look very athletic whereas before peating I always had a small layer of fat everywhere. Thus I am very happy with the results it's just this one issue that ruins it all for me. I am going to find out exactly which food is causing these issues so i will update later when I find out more

4peatssake

This is just my theory based on my experience and what I have learned so far.

I think those of us who have issues come up that we have not had before when we start "Peating" is due to having many of our issues suppressed prior to and/or exacerbated when we start resolving them through proper diet and supplements. Not to mention, some of us are sicker than others, age is a factor as is gender. Women usually have more difficulties, especially hormonally.

And those of us with tendencies to hit things really hard can find ourselves in even bigger trouble - particularly with endotoxin and the release of PUFA which both can create enormous havoc.

If we don't fully understand what Peat is saying, we can get ourselves into even further trouble. Getting the diet right first can take an enormous amount of time.

The concept of things getting worse before getting better comes to mind and I also think many people quit when the going gets tough because they don't really know what else to do. I understand that because when you are suffering and nothing seems to be working, it makes sense to return to doing what worked better for you and start over, going slower.

One size definitely does not fit all. We can see that from the many different experiences we each have with different foods and supplements.

Allergens, unhealthy food supplies, environmental toxins, excipients, fluoridated water, are some of what we have to contend with as well.

Ray Peat shines a bright light in all this sickness, disease and death. He is a single voice and is not perfect. But I believe him to be an honorable man of Truth who is doing all he can to help people achieve a measure of good health amid such terrible odds.

I hope you both - kringlecold and Vinero - uncover the source of these issues you are having. When you do, please share what has worked for you.