Felt Way Better On SSRI's

Mo_v

Ever since I read about serotonin being really bad for you I immediately stopped taking ssris but ever since I tried doing some of the peat things like taking a bunch of supplements and eating more, I feel better sometimes but in terms of mood, anxiety, and depression I've felt a whole lot better on SSRIs. While I was on them, I got two jobs, a girlfriend and I lost my virginity (I'm 18), I was able to casually talk to everyone and be thier friends (even though I was an ***hole sometimes) but being off the SSRIs I became a mute pushover and only talking when I needed to. The only thing I didnt like about them was how hard and long it took to ejaculate and sometimes feeling lethargic but that was at 100mg at 25-50mg I felt a profound motivation to do everything, now I feel like everything is holding me back. Sometimes I say to my self **** this peat ***t, but I know theres no use in getting angry about it I just wanna understand wht serotonin is doing the opposite effect of what these people are saying.

GutFeeling

Definitely SSRI help some people alot even peat agree, but this doesn't mean that serotonin is what cured you neither that it will be healthy. There are some non/anti/less serotoninergic antidepressants

johnwester130

prozac can increase progesterone and allopregnenolone

some ssris actually decrease serotonin

read the articles written by Ray Peat about them

redsun

Ever since I read about serotonin being really bad for you I immediately stopped taking ssris but ever since I tried doing some of the peat things like taking a bunch of supplements and eating more, I feel better sometimes but in terms of mood, anxiety, and depression I've felt a whole lot better on SSRIs. While I was on them, I got two jobs, a girlfriend and I lost my virginity (I'm 18), I was able to casually talk to everyone and be thier friends (even though I was an ***hole sometimes) but being off the SSRIs I became a mute pushover and only talking when I needed to. The only thing I didnt like about them was how hard and long it took to ejaculate and sometimes feeling lethargic but that was at 100mg at 25-50mg I felt a profound motivation to do everything, now I feel like everything is holding me back. Sometimes I say to my self **** this peat ***t, but I know theres no use in getting angry about it I just wanna understand wht serotonin is doing the opposite effect of what these people are saying.
Brain Histamine Is Crucial for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors‘ Behavioral and Neurochemical Effects

Uselis

How long you've been on them?

Key word here "immediately" which depending on duration you took them could be easily cold turkey. Imo none of Peat magic will stop or eradicate consequances of abrupt discontinuation.

I wish you all the best man ☺

Frankdee20

I was going to say you’re full blown into withdrawal now. It’s going to be long and Rocky

Runenight201

Do you want to be on SSRI’s your whole life? If you are well aware of the effects of long term SSRI use and you are fine with it then it’s up to you to make that decision to continue what you were doing. At the end of the day we all want a high quality of life and if SSRIs allowed you to do that then so be it.

at the same time, there is the potential to live the just as fulfilling SSRI life without SSRI’s, but it takes a committed and serious approach to how you do things. The SSRI would be like the easy cop out that could eventually backfire one day, while the non-SSRI route is much more difficult but truest inspection into yourself.

OP
M

Mo_v

How long you've been on them?

Key word here "immediately" which depending on duration you took them could be easily cold turkey. Imo none of Peat magic will stop or eradicate consequances of abrupt discontinuation.

I wish you all the best man ☺
I was on from April to November when I stopped them

Mito

“Attempts were also made to induce depression by depleting serotonin levels, but these experiments reaped no consistent results. Likewise, researchers found that huge increases in brain serotonin, arrived at by administering high-dose L-tryptophan, were ineffective at relieving depression”
The Low Serotonin Cause Of Depression Is Finally Discredited

“The pharmacological action of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants may include a normalization of the decreased brain levels of the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and of neurosteroids such as the progesterone metabolite allopregnanolone, which are decreased in patients with depression and posttraumatic stress disorders (PTSD). The allopregnanolone and BDNF level decrease in PTSD and depressed patients is associated with behavioral symptom severity. Antidepressant treatment upregulates both allopregnanolone levels and the expression of BDNF in a manner that significantly correlates with improved symptomatology, which suggests that neurosteroid biosynthesis and BDNF expression may be interrelated. Preclinical studies using the socially isolated mouse as an animal model of behavioral deficits, which resemble some of the symptoms observed in PTSD patients, have shown that fluoxetine and derivatives improve anxiety-like behavior, fear responses and aggressive behavior by elevating the corticolimbic levels of allopregnanolone and BDNF mRNA expression. These actions appeared to be independent and more selective than the action of these drugs on serotonin reuptake inhibition. Hence, this review addresses the hypothesis that in PTSD or depressed patients, brain allopregnanolone levels, and BDNF expression upregulation may be mechanisms at least partially involved in the beneficial actions of antidepressants or other selective brain steroidogenic stimulant molecules.”
Neurosteroids Reduce Social Isolation-Induced Behavioral Deficits: A Proposed Link with Neurosteroid-Mediated Upregulation of BDNF Expression

OP
M

Mo_v

Definitely SSRI help some people alot even peat agree, but this doesn't mean that serotonin is what cured you neither that it will be healthy. There are some non/anti/less serotoninergic antidepressants
Just take high dose pregnenelone and low dose progesterone goofy
What's high dose for pregnenolone because I'm taking 100mg and I feel like it's not doing ***t

rei

Try 1mg of prozac or equivalent. It has all the neurosteroid benefits while no serotonergic activity. And like someone already said, you are going through withdrawal and suffering from it, like benzos the normal dose SSRI take a long time to truly return to baseline, and surprisingly many never do.

OP
M

Mo_v

Try 1mg of prozac or equivalent. It has all the neurosteroid benefits while no serotonergic activity. And like someone already said, you are going through withdrawal and suffering from it, like benzos the normal dose SSRI take a long time to truly return to baseline, and surprisingly many never do.
Thanks I'll talk to my psychiatrist about it because it's cheaper than buying progesterone and pregnenolone every month

OP
M

Mo_v

Do you want to be on SSRI’s your whole life? If you are well aware of the effects of long term SSRI use and you are fine with it then it’s up to you to make that decision to continue what you were doing. At the end of the day we all want a high quality of life and if SSRIs allowed you to do that then so be it.

at the same time, there is the potential to live the just as fulfilling SSRI life without SSRI’s, but it takes a committed and serious approach to how you do things. The SSRI would be like the easy cop out that could eventually backfire one day, while the non-SSRI route is much more difficult but truest inspection into yourself.
I fear and am extremely sensitive to any kind of rejection, I dont think it's possible to simply go through it because it feels wired in my brain from childhood. Setraline helped me numb the pain and focus on more positive emotions. Now all I'm feeling is negative emotions.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Had some experience with rhodiola increasing mood motivation and energy