Feet were cold and sweaty - now they are cozy warm and dry

firebreather

This is a small victory for me but I'm so thankful.

tAmong other things I was struggling with the cold and sweaty feet issue like so many others even though I was doing "all the right stuff" which included about 1/2 tsp of salt for every quart of fluid I drank.

The bad thing is that the sweaty feel would always lead to some athletes food in between my toes.

Been dealing with this for about 2 years.

Someone mentioned the other day on the forum that it's most likely caused by adrenaline.

I decided to try something that I did back in my low carb days - 1/2 tsp of salt in 4 to six ounces of whatever liquid I have in the morning.

The first day I immediately noticed that although my feet were sweating as normal they were toasty warm.

The next day I noticed that they were sweating a little less.

The third day we started a vacation and I forgot to bring my salt thinking that everyone has salt. Well apparently my aunt thought she didn't and by 8:30am my feet were quite cold. But I found some in her cabinet and within 2 hours they were toasty warm again with very little sweat.

I decided to do some that evening before bed as well.

Today they are toasty warm with no sweat at all.

Pretty excited to say the least - I just hope it keeps up.

Unfortunately I haven't noticed any other benefits - still wake up at night, still have adrenaline surges after eating, still tired throughout the day, etc

But I'm so thankful for this victory.

Orion

I hate the cold sweaty feet feeling, I do eat alot of coarse pickling salt, going to make an effort to include more with my morning meal.

Read a few threads today, reminding of salt reducing the adrenaline response.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fantastic! :woo

OP
F

firebreather

Unfortunately not.

Even doing a crazy amount of salt I pee more than I should.

Have you tried increasing the salt slowly?

superhuman said:
post 114784 did you notice a increase in water retention? i get that everytime i increase salt

Last edited by a moderator:

superhuman

firebreather said:
post 114790 Unfortunately not.

superhuman said:
post 114784 did you notice a increase in water retention? i get that everytime i increase salt

Hmm yeah ive tried a bit slower but sure, its more when i go gung ho but still.
I really feel it strange with the salt stuff and i struggle with water retention in general so its frustration.

OP
F

firebreather

superhuman said:
post 114794
firebreather said:

superhuman said:

Hmm yeah ive tried a bit slower but sure, its more when i go gung ho but still.
I really feel it strange with the salt stuff and i struggle with water retention in general so its frustration.

I hear ya man.

I've at the other end of the problem and just as frustrated - still feel the need to pee quite a bit.

Wish I knew why

Brian

firebreather said:

Past a certain point of salinity the extra salt pulls out more water out of you. That's why drinking seawater would be dehydrating. Have you tried having most of your salt mixed with dense foods rather than liquids? I notice that salt + liquid = more urination than what I drank, while salt + dense food seems to be retained and increase temperature and pulse.

OP
F

firebreather

Brian said:
post 115849
firebreather said:

Past a certain point of salinity the extra salt pulls out more water out of you. That's why drinking seawater would be dehydrating. Have you tried having most of your salt mixed with dense foods rather than liquids? I notice that salt + liquid = more urination than what I drank, while salt + dense food seems to be retained and increase temperature and pulse.

Brian, thank you so much for posting.

I doing very salty foods before I found out about the salt in liquid and it was the liquid that fixed the issue.

However I haven't tried salt in dense foods since the frequent urinating issue came back.

What types of foods are you talking about when you say, "dense foods"? I will definitely try