Feet Hurt In The Mornings When I Wake Up

OP
ecstatichamster
Feet still hurt. I'm using red light and infrared light and that helps a lot. I tried thyroid, now I'm tapering off thyroid as it didn't seem to help me in any meaningful way. I've been taking more D3 for the last few weeks. I think my feet are improving a lot, but they still hurt especially when waking but really anytime I walk on them. Probably better by 25%.

raypeatclips

What are your shoes like? My feet were awful when I woke up and felt like they were cramping for the first ~30 minutes of my day. I changed my shoes at work and the problem has gone.

Luann

I bring this up a lot. When people start Peat-eating they often eat more fluoride and pesticides than they were before, due to fruit/potato residue and the water in the OJ. If you eat stuff off the "dirty dozen" (ewg.org) make sure you buy it organic, check your tap water and orange juice for fluoride. Neurotoxins can play a huge part in ill health, they are one of the first things I suspect.

RePeatRePeat

E.H., perhaps you can get xrays of your feet and that will let you know very easily if you have any arthritis in them. With your history of running, it is certainly a possibility. I do not know exactly why you began to notice pain in them when you started peating, but sometimes things are revealed as we are healing, as strange as that sounds.

You may also want to apply to your feet any of Haidut's supplements that you have which are made with DMSO.

OP
ecstatichamster
E.H., perhaps you can get xrays of your feet and that will let you know very easily if you have any arthritis in them. With your history of running, it is certainly a possibility. I do not know exactly why you began to notice pain in them when you started peating, but sometimes things are revealed as we are healing, as strange as that sounds.

You may also want to apply to your feet any of Haidut's supplements that you have which are made with DMSO.

Yeah thanks. But I'm not gonna see a doctor about this.

sweetpeat

I have problems with pain in my feet too. It's in both feet and they almost feel like they're bruised. Like when you step on a rock and then your foot is tender in that spot. Except for me it's pretty much the whole foot that feels tender. It's usually worse in the morning, or if I've been sitting for a while then getting up and walking is painful at first.

As near as I can tell, it's related to my thyroid dosing. My feet have sort of become a barometer for me in that regard. The best explanation I've found so far is here: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Medical-Research-Internet-1426/painful-feet.htm
Synthroid is mentioned by name, but in my case it didn't matter which thyroid supplement I was using (Armour, Cynoplus, Cynomel, etc.)

An excerpt:

“The severe pain in your feet may require adjustment in your Synthroid dosage.

If you are receiving insufficient dosage, Hypothyroidism can cause Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome. The pain of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome can be severe. It is usually characterized as an aching, burning pain that radiates throughout the ankle, heel, and even to the toes of the foot. Pain usually subsides after weight has been removed from the ankle. However, often pain can be the worst during the night when sleeping.

On the other hand, if you are receiving a higher dose of Synthroid than you require, then you may be experiencing Hyperthyroid symptoms. Hyperthyroidism can lead to weakening of bones and osteoarthritis, resulting in the pain.”

You mentioned that maybe you don't need thyroid? So perhaps this isn't helpful to you, but I thought I throw it out as something to consider.

OP
ecstatichamster
It's confusing. Thank you so much for that. Makes so much sense. I've tried with thyroid and without, and it doesn't seem to make any difference. So I'm trying without it again.

The red lights make the most difference, and the infrared lights. It makes a huge difference. I think it's slowly getting better actually. But then again, my temperatures are rising in general. So perhaps it's just a metabolic phenomenon.

wesheilman

I have the same pain in the morning, especially my right foot. I have not paid much attention to it. Did you have this problem before starting to go barefoot? If so, general foot fatigue could be the issue, perhaps resolved with a barefoot-style shoe that would provide some cushioning and support with minimal hindrance to foot mechanics. Merrell's Bare Access shoes are the best I have found. Teva sandals are similar, with less support.

I understand the desire to go barefoot--I did it for a little while myself. But often being on hard surfaces can make that unfeasible if it leads to pain. "Barefoot shoes" are designed for that purpose.

OP
ecstatichamster
No I never had this problem. I've been going barefoot for many years. I think shoes are really harmful actually. I only started this problem when I started this Peat inspired eating

tara

Maybe a long shot, but have you tried epsom salt foot baths, with or without baking soda?

OP
ecstatichamster
It helps @Peata pregnenolone causes me symptoms similar to progesterone that I no like.

Red and infrared light are helping a lot.

Diokine

I tend to get a stiff feeling in my throat and an increase in mucus production when my TSH goes up. I've increased my vitamin A intake significantly and it has given me this feeling, so I'm suspecting an increase in TSH. This morning I woke up and felt it pretty strong, and also my feet hurt more than they have in a long time. Definitely a connection.

OP
ecstatichamster
They still kind of hurt. I'm doing the Richfield reset more successfully. Lights every day. The lights help but the feet still hurt when I wake up.

Soren

Forum Supporter
(Apologies for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar, writing on my phone and the autocorrect sucks)

I've had the same problem with my feet for a while. It only really started in the past 6 months and it followed closely I think with my dietary practices.

The past couple of weeks I have been taking androsterone combined with prengnenolone and dhea. I was also on a small amount of thyroid every day. This made the foot pain dissappear completely to the point where I forgot I ever had it. My pulse rate and temperatureven went up.

The past couple of days I have stopped using those supplements and the pain has returned. Given that androsterone is a thyroid mimic, this makes me believe that the foot pain is a metabolism related issue. I think that when you start taking I a high nutrient dense, high energy peat diet and your metabolism isn't good enough to process it all, it leads to problems.

Before I tried this supplement combo I also used red light and it also helped me a lot, but did not eradicate the problem. The fact that red light and infrared light also assist with energy metabolism, gives more weight to the argument that it is a metabolism issue.

There is another possibility however. The peat style dieting is having the effect of lowering the stress hormones that would usually alleviate some of this pain, such as cortisol. While a peat style diet and certain supplements can acutely and quite rapidly lower certain stress hormones, getting ones metabolism back to a healthy level takes a bit more time. So whereas normally someone with low stress hormones will have a decent metabolism and be pain free. Someone with a slow metabolism might find themselves in pain when those stress hormones that were masking the pain are rapidly removed.

That's just my open ended thinking out loud view of it.

Right now im on a 6mcg of t3 and 12mcg of t4 a day and still have foot pain (pulse on the lower side) I'm going to start taking the androsterone, prengnenolone, dhea combo again in a few days and see if that alleviates the pain.

@ecstatichamster what an interesting post and comments

You knw what?!
I have the same pain from about 15 years until now

I found one amazing solution
But unfortutely it caused me severe constipation

1 grams of activated charchoal before bed only

I tried it once and it worked like charm

But i had a severe constipation the very next day

Please try it and give me your feedback