Feet Hurt In The Mornings When I Wake Up

Seems to have started when I started Peat type eating but not sure. They hurt and are painful to walk on, but in a muscle skeletal way, like arthritis.

Any thoughts?

Jayfish

I had this when I had really high TSH. I was also eating a lot of muscle meat and not much else.

Guessing high uric acid and very low potassium and magnesium intake was my issue.

OP
ecstatichamster
so what fixed it for you?

I don't eat high muscle meat. I take magnesium. I may be low in potassium, that is possible, and I might be low in magnesium too, who knows.

Jayfish

A peat style diet, very low in muscle meat relieved it. Getting my hypo under control was probably a big part of it.

OP
ecstatichamster
Steve Richfield told me it's from being very cold at night. He is probably right, and this is waht you are saying in a way @Jayfish , hypo/coldness.

Maybe more calcium and less phosphorous?

Tarmander

i know sometimes I get gout like symptoms in the morning, usually after too much liver, and my hands swell a bit. I found drinking a little salt water right upon waking helps quite a bit. I think the loads of sugar we eat tends to raise Uric acid a little too high before the metabolism catches up.

OP
ecstatichamster
i know sometimes I get gout like symptoms in the morning, usually after too much liver, and my hands swell a bit. I found drinking a little salt water right upon waking helps quite a bit. I think the loads of sugar we eat tends to raise Uric acid a little too high before the metabolism catches up.

does it hurt in your whole foot, or just your toe(s)?

Mine is the whole foot. Walking is a little painful at first. And it slowly subsides. That's why I'm thinking more and more that it's temperature related. I could wear socks at night to see if that helps.

Jayfish

Sounds like gout to me. Anything else, sore? Does your back or sides hurt from sleeping?

Tarmander

does it hurt in your whole foot, or just your toe(s)?

Mine is the whole foot. Walking is a little painful at first. And it slowly subsides. That's why I'm thinking more and more that it's temperature related. I could wear socks at night to see if that helps.

Ehh it's hard to believe it would be just temperature, but no harm trying some socks. Mine is not my feet it's mostly my hands, and it isn't all that painful or anything. You could try some collagen before bed too.

OP
ecstatichamster
Sounds like gout to me. Anything else, sore? Does your back or sides hurt from sleeping?

not usually. A bit. I'm having some back or shoulder pain from some muscle issue or another that I feel after sleeping. What does that indicate?

Ehh it's hard to believe it would be just temperature, but no harm trying some socks. Mine is not my feet it's mostly my hands, and it isn't all that painful or anything. You could try some collagen before bed too.

Yeah, I will try that also. Thank you.

Diokine

I have recurring pain in my right foot, feels like where the 4th and 5th toe connect closer to the heel. Sometimes I also get sharp pain that feels very "nervy," in the pinky toe. Weird thing is that I remember having this same pain when I was much younger (7-8 years old) and I remember it being pretty painful. I hadn't really experienced it at all until recently, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure where it's coming from. I tend to be pretty aggressive with my feet and would consider them pretty bomber, so I may have re-injured something, but it really feels like something else. It seems dependent on general metabolic health, for instance I got sick from something at chipotle recently and got to experience a decent bout of endotoxemia. This threw my status completely out of whack, and it took me 4 or 5 days to really feel optimal again. During this time my foot hurt a lot more.

Other than that, it seems to be a very weird pain. I probably experience it 2-3 times a week on average. I have thought it's possibly related to lectins in dairy that might be still causing me problems (I consume probably 1000% more dairy on average than I did 6 months ago :D) but I'm not sure.

Giraffe

I'm having some back or shoulder pain from some muscle issue or another that I feel after sleeping. What does that indicate?
Hypothyroidism?

When I had pains in the feet, I noticed that I clenched the muscles there. The feet also were more tender than usual and sometimes I got cramps out of the blue.

ste199

If most of the pain is in you achilles and heel probably it's only a little inflammation or tendinitis.
I had a lot of it when i run a lot.
You could try to use some feet plantars with your shoes and limit your physical exercise and walking for some days and see if it gets better.
Put ice on it before bed or during day will reduce inflammation,mitigate pain and stimulates blood circulation.
You could also try Hydrolized collagen + (at least1g Ascorbic acid)in order to stimulate collagen syntesis/tissue renewal and should help also with inflamation.
Hope i helped

tara

I'm in favour of you trying warm socks at night.

But also maybe getting a podiatrist to assess your usual shoes and gait. The last time I had a patch of sore feet - when I got up and walked afer a while sitting - it turned out to be the shape of the shoes/soles I was wearing some days. I've had no more pain since I changed that.

Could also try a little MgCl oil on the instep or soaking the feet in epsom salts before bed and see if that helps?

kaybb

Seems to have started when I started Peat type eating but not sure. They hurt and are painful to walk on, but in a muscle skeletal way, like arthritis.

Any thoughts?
I hope this isn't the case for you, but my Fubromyalgia started that way. In the mornings my feet felt exactly that way. Then they started to hurt during the day if I was on them more. Then the back muscle aches and shoulders. I also was diagnosed with thyroid problems awhile after the Fibro diagnoses.

OP
ecstatichamster
I doubt it's fibro but who knows.

The pain isn't in the Achilles, it's the entire foot, it feels exactly like arthritis of the foot.

I am thinking that it is connected to low temps. I slept with socks on, took collagen before going to bed, and had a heater going in the room. My morning temp was about 1 degree warmer than before, and my feet weren't cold. I'll try this and see how a few weeks goes.

I may try thyroid (again) next, but I'm trying to prep myself to do a "Steve Richfield" temperature reset first.

RePeatRePeat

+1 on adding collagen to your diet. Perhaps you already do that and can increase the amount a little.

+1 on it possibly being related to hypothyroid condition.

However, I think if you check your vitamin D level you may find it is too low. Adding sufficient vit D when it is too low makes a pretty impressive and fast improvement in muscle/bone/joint pain. I contend with foot pain as well and it is rarely a bother if I keep an eye on vit D, thyroid, and collagen. The holy trinity of supplements. ;)

OP
ecstatichamster
Thanks. I do eat a lot of collegen already. But I will try to increase vitamin D. Curiously, I was at pretty high vitamin D levels earlier, and I didn't have this foot pain. Didnt think about it until now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals