Feeling Really Lazy, Low Libido, And Tired Lately. Need Help

IVILA

Hi guys,

I'm a 21 years old male and I recently have done a blood test and here are my results:

Urea: 6.6 mmol/L (Reference Range: 2.7-8.4)
Total Bilirubin: 14 umol/L (Reference Range:<20)
ALT: 17 U/L (Reference Range:<50)
Creatinine: 100 umol/L (Reference Range:67-117)
eGFR: 92 (Reference Range: >90)

Fasting Insulin: 58 pmol/L (Reference Range: 20-180)

Total Cholesterol: 4.83 mmol/L
HDL Cholesterol: 2.07 mmol/L
LDL Cholesterol: 2.31 mmol/L
Triglyceride: 1 mmol/L

TSH: 2.29 MIU/L (Reference Range: 0.32-4.00)
FT4: 12 pmol/L (Reference Range: 9-19)
FT3: 3.6 pmol/L (Reference Range: 2.6-5.6)

AM Cortisol: 415 nmol/L (Reference Range: 135-537)
Total Testosterone: 24.4 nmol/L (Reference Range: 8.4-28.8)
Free Testosterone: 344 pmol/L (Reference Range: 196-636)
DHEA-S: 7.8 umol/L (Reference Range: <15)

Albumin: 41.8 g/L (Reference Range: 36-51)
Total Protein: 66 g/L (Reference Range: 60-80)
C-Reactive Protein (hs): 0.35 mg/L (Reference Range: <1)

My previous blood test (3 months ago) had much better results from all of these measures. After that previous blood test, I've done an intermittent fasting and keto diet for 1.5 months and I ended up feeling bad until I recently changed my diet to a more Ray Peat style where I'm eating more carbs. Even though it's been 2-3 weeks that I'm following this diet, I am still feeling tired, have brain fog, fatigued, and low libido with minor increase in energy. I feel like I have adrenal fatigue but not sure. I want to improve all of my numbers as soon as possible so I can feel better. Please help me out.

I have estradiol, prolactin, magnesium, and zinc pending to be released.

Last edited:

TopGun1911

When did these symptoms appear? Are you feeling better now? I was on keto for 3 months and my health took a turn for the worse.

youngsinatra

It takes time to recover, for me it‘s been almost one year of recovery. I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and ketogenic dieting for over a year prior to that.
In January 2020 my body temperature was 34.8 C and now it‘s 37.1 C.
Getting glucose metabolism right was a big part for me - lowering free fatty acids was definitively helpful by eating a low-fat, moderate protein and high-carbohydrate diet, while supplementing niacinamide, magnesium, fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K2).

I highly recommend checking out „The Root Cause Protocol“ by Morley Robbins. Don‘t take everything as absolute truth, but it definitively helped me a lot too in regards to understanding metabolism, minerals - especially of copper, iron, calcium and magnesium, boron..

Greetings.

OP
IVILA

IVILA

When did these symptoms appear? Are you feeling better now? I was on keto for 3 months and my health took a turn for the worse.
these symptoms appeared 2 months ago. I started taking b complex and increased my carbs now I'm feeling really good. Except sometimes when I have a carb-heavy meal I get sort of sleepy an hour after.

TopGun1911

these symptoms appeared 2 months ago. I started taking b complex and increased my carbs now I'm feeling really good. Except sometimes when I have a carb-heavy meal I get sort of sleepy an hour after.
That’s good to hear. I’ve been thinking of going high on B-vitamins (I’m nothing short of inspired of Peat’s father curing his diabetes with brewer’s yeast) glutton on starch and get some pregnenolone. If you feel sleepy after a big meal of carbs it’s probably because of reactive hypoglycemia. I am the same in this regard and eating enough fat and protein usually fixes this problem.

OP
IVILA

IVILA

That’s good to hear. I’ve been thinking of going high on B-vitamins (I’m nothing short of inspired of Peat’s father curing his diabetes with brewer’s yeast) glutton on starch and get some pregnenolone. If you feel sleepy after a big meal of carbs it’s probably because of reactive hypoglycemia. I am the same in this regard and eating enough fat and protein usually fixes this problem.
Or maybe i'm just having too many carbs per meal (like over 100g) too quickly into my recovery. At first right after my meal, I get a rise in energy followed by a crash 30-40 minutes later. Should I do 4 meals a day rather than 3 and save more carbs for my last meal of the day to fix this?

Last edited:

Vins7

It takes time to recover, for me it‘s been almost one year of recovery. I’ve been doing intermittent fasting and ketogenic dieting for over a year prior to that.
In January 2020 my body temperature was 34.8 C and now it‘s 37.1 C.
Getting glucose metabolism right was a big part for me - lowering free fatty acids was definitively helpful by eating a low-fat, moderate protein and high-carbohydrate diet, while supplementing niacinamide, magnesium, fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K2).

I highly recommend checking out „The Root Cause Protocol“ by Morley Robbins. Don‘t take everything as absolute truth, but it definitively helped me a lot too in regards to understanding metabolism, minerals - especially of copper, iron, calcium and magnesium, boron..

Greetings.
Really inspiring.
Do you think should be necessary supplementing fat soluble vitamins if my diet is low fat and my microbiota test has shown a bad fat digestion?

youngsinatra

Really inspiring.
Do you think should be necessary supplementing fat soluble vitamins if my diet is low fat and my microbiota test has shown a bad fat digestion?
No I don‘t think so anymore.

I got hypervitaminosis A from supplemental vitamin A. I would try to stick to whole food sources. Vitamin E and K2 are pretty safe though. (Without known hypervitaminosis AFAIK)

Vins7

No I don‘t think so anymore.

I got hypervitaminosis A from supplemental vitamin A. I would try to stick to whole food sources. Vitamin E and K2 are pretty safe though. (Without known hypervitaminosis AFAIK)
Thank you Sinatra.