Feeling puffy, retaining water.....

LadyRae

I do a fair amount of walking early in the mornings when it is cool, but as the day goes on and gets hotter I feel like I'm retaining water, I feel puffy and my cheeks look bigger...my ring is super tight. This all mostly goes away overnight and I feel "morning skinny", usually.

I salt my food and juice and I take magnesium and a little potassium bicarbonate. I eat quite a bit of fruit. I'm not sure what's going on?

Thanks!

I do a fair amount of walking early in the mornings when it is cool, but as the day goes on and gets hotter I feel like I'm retaining water, I feel puffy and my cheeks look bigger...my ring is super tight. This all mostly goes away overnight and I feel "morning skinny", usually.

I salt my food and juice and I take magnesium and a little potassium bicarbonate. I eat quite a bit of fruit. I'm not sure what's going on?

Thanks!
My rings would always get tighter as the day went on too, until this year. I wonder now why?

JamesGatz

It's a good thing - it's a sign your body/bones are growing bigger - same thing kept happening with my rings so i just kept getting bigger rings - once you go to bed you lose the water because the polyester/estrogenic mattress stresses you out and makes you the stressed out kind of skinny

I believe a healthy person is actively improving/growing in some/all aspects

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Well, I'm 44 and I have been wearing this ring for 22 years. None of this puffy business happens in the winter, I guess it's just the heat and maybe I was drinking too many fluids.

I put quite a bit of salt on my watermelon and my dinner this evening and it did make me feel a bit better surprisingly

yerrag

I think it's some sort of edematous condition that isn't permanent because the detoxing mechanism at night is still able to catch up with excreting and expelling the waste generated during the day.

So edema by day and no edema at the end of the night.

In healthier and younger years, waste is easily dealt with and edema doesn't occur. In older and less healthy years, as with a lot of elderly people, the detox mechanism weakens as the waste production increases and the detox may end up being in a perpetual catchup mode even as the waste load in the body increases.

No edema when young and more edema as one gets older in a person characteristic of a pharma-miseducated and drugged and vaccinated unhealthy population.

The less you are miseducated the less the body is in a state of being in this perpetual catch-up mode.

I don't understand edema enough to be certain of what I just wrote. But I think it's more than just a matter of a cell being bloated because it has taken on more water because the cellular membrane's integrity has been compromised due to metabolic, pH, and electrolyte imbalances. I think it also involves fluid buildup in the interstitial spaces. One source of this buildup is plasma leaking out from capillaries. Healthy capillaries are necessary to keep the capillaries from being leaky. But keeping capillaries in good health isn't a well-established science.

I think it's some sort of edematous condition that isn't permanent because the detoxing mechanism at night is still able to catch up with excreting and expelling the waste generated during the day.

In healthier and younger years, waste is easily dealt with and edema doesn't occur. In older and less healthy years, as with a lot of elderly people, the detox mechanism weakens as the waste production increases and the detox may end up being in a perpetual catchup mode even as the waste load in the body increases.

No edema when young and more edema as one gets older in a person characteristic of a pharma-miseducated and drugged and vaccinated unhealthy population.

The less you are miseducated the less the body is in a state of being in this perpetual catch-up mode.

I don't understand edema enough to be certain of what I just wrote. But I think it's more than just a matter of a cell being bloated because it has taken on more water because the cellular membrane's integrity has been compromised due to metabolic, pH, and electrolyte imbalances. I think it also involves fluid buildup in the interstitial spaces. One source of this buildup is plasma leaking out from capillaries. Healthy capillaries are necessary to keep the capillaries from being leaky. But keeping capillaries in good health isn't a well-established science.
This makes sense Yerrag. I know I cut alcohol out, for the most part, almost a year ago, as well as a lot of meat, so maybe my kidneys and liver were not keeping up, though I still felt healthy. My fingers not swelling up during the day at all anymore is very telling. I appreciate LadyRae bringing this up cause I hadn’t realized that that issue had gone away.

InChristAlone

Edema is good only if you are recovering from anorexia.

Otherwise I agree with @yerrag .

Mauritio

I think this is true ⬆️

Edema in and of itself is unhealthy. Peat wrote a newsletter on the effects of edema on the body.

It might also involve malfunction of the kidneys and lymphatic system.

"If a person imagines open spaces, interstices, between cells, then the
question of the fluid pressure in these chambers seems reasonable, and the factors that produce edema will be thought of mechanically. But if we call the material between cells the "extracellular matrix," and recognize its relatively solid gel nature, we will see the problem of edema in
physical-chemical terms, rather than as a problem of simple hydraulics."

Last edited:

ThinPicking

Increased environmental temperature and high osmolality fluid consumption can increase vasopressin. The two can compound eachother.

Where ambient temperature's high you could respond with fluid restriction (which seems counterproductive in heat) and lower osmolality fluid like plain water. Dipsia takes some time to adjust so thirst you may have today could be a product of your behaviour in days prior.

Also try not to use cold fluids in attempt to lower your core temperature. Your metabolic rate will go up to warm the fluid.

There are background circadian and infradian rhythms to fluid balance which should be considered but I'm still figuring that out.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Thank you everyone! I have added a lot more salt and already feeling a big difference. Because I don't eat processed anything, it's tough to add all the salt I apparently need!

yerrag

This makes sense Yerrag. I know I cut alcohol out, for the most part, almost a year ago, as well as a lot of meat, so maybe my kidneys and liver were not keeping up, though I still felt healthy. My fingers not swelling up during the day at all anymore is very telling. I appreciate LadyRae bringing this up cause I hadn’t realized that that issue had gone away.
Aren't you glad to see the edema gone? For sure. I had developed edema in my ankles since I used proteolytic enzymes 3 years ago. Though I stopped using it after finishing one bottle after 2 months of use, the edema slowly came about. Since I wear sandals, when it came up it was not hard to notice it. Along with the edema, my blood markers also deteriorated and my blood pressure went up and my bp ceiling become my bp floor.

Barely a month ago, I was playing around with the use of iodine and experimented with both SSKI and Lugol's Iodine to lower my bp. Then I noticed my ankle edema gone.

This made me interested more in the subject of edema.

As in most things I discover in health, they are accidental.

yerrag

yerrag

I think this is true ⬆️

Edema in and of itself is unhealthy. Peat wrote a newsletter on the effects of edema on the body.

It might also involve malfunction of the kidneys and lymphatic system.

"If a person imagines open spaces, interstices, between cells, then the
question of the fluid pressure in these chambers seems reasonable, and the factors that produce edema will be thought of mechanically. But if we call the material between cells the "extracellular matrix," and recognize its relatively solid gel nature, we will see the problem of edema in
physical-chemical terms, rather than as a problem of simple hydraulics."
I haven't read that newsletter. Do you have the date?

It's a good thing - it's a sign your body/bones are growing bigger - same thing kept happening with my rings so i just kept getting bigger rings - once you go to bed you lose the water because the polyester/estrogenic mattress stresses you out and makes you the stressed out kind of skinny

I believe a healthy person is actively improving/growing in some/all aspects
James I love you but...no. Estrogen causes edema, so by your logic the bed should be giving you edema. If you're a young person and you notice constant edema, it;s probably a heart condition and/or some sort of organ malfunction. See a doctor.

Aren't you glad to see the edema gone? For sure. I had developed edema in my ankles since I used proteolytic enzymes 3 years ago. Though I stopped using it after finishing one bottle after 2 months of use, the edema slowly came about. Since I wear sandals, when it came up it was not hard to notice it. Along with the edema, my blood markers also deteriorated and my blood pressure went up and my bp ceiling become my bp floor.

Barely a month ago, I was playing around with the use of iodine and experimented with both SSKI and Lugol's Iodine to lower my bp. Then I noticed my ankle edema gone.

This made me interested more in the subject of edema.

As in most things I discover in health, they are accidental.
Yeah come to think of it I would get sandal marks on the tops of my feet when I would take my strappy sandals off in the evening summer months too. No more of that either!

Mauritio

I haven't read that newsletter. Do you have the date?
He wrote many good parts on edema and I think at least 2 newsletters that are mainly focused on edema. The one that comes to mind was called "the stress of edema " IIRC

yerrag

He wrote many good parts on edema and I think at least 2 newsletters that are mainly focused on edema. The one that comes to mind was called "the stress of edema " IIRC
Thank you!

“When a tissue is exposed to estrogen, within minutes it takes up water, and begins to synthesize fat, with a tendency to produce lactic acid at the same time. The alkalizing effect of lactic acid production is apparently what accounts for the uptake of water. Since it takes longer, at least 30 minutes, to produce a significant amount of new enzymes, these early changes are explained by the activation of existing enzymes by estrogen.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals