Feeling Of Constant Hunger After Taking Magnesium Sulfate?

BaconBits

Weird. Even if I drink just 50 ml of this magnesium (sulfate) rich water I get this feeling of being constantly hungry, even if my stomach is full?

Why would that be, does anybody else get the same feeling? Maybe magnesium is not that good after all.

EIRE24

Hunger is not a bad thing, in fact I think it is a great thing. It depends on the context. A horse that has no appetite and does not eat up after it has raced is looked upon as a bad sign. That is just my opinion though

aguilaroja

BaconBits said:
...if I drink just 50 ml of this magnesium (sulfate) rich water I get this feeling of being constantly hungry...

In some circumstances (that seem to be low metabolism states together with low magnesium), magnesium intake will rapidly (though usually transiently) increase metabolism and use up glucose quickly. For instance, when first using epsom salt baths to boost magnesium, some people get sleepy or light-headed in the bathtub. Sipping orange juice or taking something sugary is quickly restorative.
[Not everybody has snacks or fruit juice by the side of the tub :^) without a preview of this possibility].

I think Dr. Peat mentioned this general situation in an article or interview, but do not have a ready reference.

OP
B

BaconBits

I doubt that,I was overeating and still hungry. There would be enough calories. I have a feeling it sabotages the digestive process, since its also used as a laxative, I wonder if all the magnesium forms do the same?

OP
B

BaconBits

aguilaroja said:
BaconBits said:
...if I drink just 50 ml of this magnesium (sulfate) rich water I get this feeling of being constantly hungry...

In some circumstances (that seem to be low metabolism states together with low magnesium), magnesium intake will rapidly (though usually transiently) increase metabolism and use up glucose quickly. For instance, when first using epsom salt baths to boost magnesium, some people get sleepy or light-headed in the bathtub. Sipping orange juice or taking something sugary is quickly restorative.
[Not everybody has snacks or fruit juice by the side of the tub :^) without a preview of this possibility].

I think Dr. Peat mentioned this general situation in an article or interview, but do not have a ready reference.

Hmmm, there are quite a lot of people posting on the internet about getting hungry after magnesium baths? Weird, so what then, should you stop or continue. Its really hard to continue because you cant even sleep and get dizzy?

tara

How much magnesium are you getting in that 50mls? Are you drinking it to taste, or forcing it down? Maybe try less, or spaced out more, or more dilute?

freal

tara said:
How much magnesium are you getting in that 50mls? Are you drinking it to taste, or forcing it down? Maybe try less, or spaced out more, or more dilute?

The liter (=~quart) has 1000 mg magnesium. Maybe sulfate isnt the dominant but bicarbonate

(mg/L)
magnesium (Mg2+) 1000
sodium (Na+) 1700
calcium (Ca2+) 380
hydrogencarbonate (HCO3-) 7800
sulfate (SO42-) 2100
chloride(Cl-) 75
CO2 (CO2) min. 3500

tara

Hi freal,
I like the look of your mineral water mix.
I still don't know the answer to your question, but I can say that I've been drinking a little Mg bicarb water for the last month or two, and I don't drink it that strong. I make it up at a similar Mg concentration to yours, but then I dilute it with plain water to taste before I drink it - usu. between 10-20%. It's possible that your system is just finding it too concentrated?

Tom galvin

Hi baconbits. Did you ever Figure out what was going on when you got very hungry after magnesium? I experienced the same thing. I do it through an Epsom bath transdermally. But I am pretty sure it is due to loosening of the towels and poor uptake of nutrients. Do you have softer stool after Mg? I do. The magnesium makes me feel so much better. If you have found a way to take the magnesium without getting hungry please let me know. Thanks very much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals