Feeling Like My Liver Is Enlarged, Please Help

lyfe

Hey everybody,

I stumbled across rays work about a month ago and have started eating sugar and quite a bit of dairy including creamer in my coffee. I was doing a zero carb diet before and I never had an issue with my liver like this. When ever I eat my stomach sticks way out like Ive been filled up with air and my mid stomach harbors this strange feeling. I also can clearly feel under my right rib right where my liver is and it feels enlarged and makes it uncomfortable to sit. Heres what I think may be causing it and I would love to hear your guy's thoughts. I am on a very strict budget and have to eat pretty low quality food. I am consuming cheap walmart whole milk and white sugar. I have read that lactose intolerance can cause bloating, and back in high school I had this issue with my stomach/liver and I was eating alot more sweets and cows milk. It was so bad that I could barely sit still in my chair for longer than 3-5 minutes at a time and I would constantly have to move around and straighten my back to deal with the sensation of feeeling bloat in my liver and mid stomach right next to my liver. Maybe the peat diet just isnt for me? As strange as it sounds - mentally I feel incredible eating this way - but my body seems to reject carbs. I would love to hear your guy's suggestions as to possible solution. Maybe dairy just screws my system? Currently taking turmeric extract for my liver. I take vitamin d. selenium, occasional multi vitamin, etc...

Inspired

It's the dairy, probably. Why don't you try removing dairy for a week and see how you feel.

redsun

Hey everybody,

I stumbled across rays work about a month ago and have started eating sugar and quite a bit of dairy including creamer in my coffee. I was doing a zero carb diet before and I never had an issue with my liver like this. When ever I eat my stomach sticks way out like Ive been filled up with air and my mid stomach harbors this strange feeling. I also can clearly feel under my right rib right where my liver is and it feels enlarged and makes it uncomfortable to sit. Heres what I think may be causing it and I would love to hear your guy's thoughts. I am on a very strict budget and have to eat pretty low quality food. I am consuming cheap walmart whole milk and white sugar. I have read that lactose intolerance can cause bloating, and back in high school I had this issue with my stomach/liver and I was eating alot more sweets and cows milk. It was so bad that I could barely sit still in my chair for longer than 3-5 minutes at a time and I would constantly have to move around and straighten my back to deal with the sensation of feeeling bloat in my liver and mid stomach right next to my liver. Maybe the peat diet just isnt for me? As strange as it sounds - mentally I feel incredible eating this way - but my body seems to reject carbs. I would love to hear your guy's suggestions as to possible solution. Maybe dairy just screws my system? Currently taking turmeric extract for my liver. I take vitamin d. selenium, occasional multi vitamin, etc...

B-complex can help the stomach produce more acid and reduce bloating, especially vitamins B1, B3, B6, zinc can improve stomach acid production. Also T3 helps big time with digestion and stomach acid in my experience. Probably the first thing you should do is drop the dairy cold turkey completely and see if the issues subside within a few days. If thats the case that means dairy was the issue and you shouldnt consume it and should rely on tubers and fruits/fruit juices for carbs and meat, eggs for protein. Very few people actually handle dairy and even fewer do well with making it a major part of their diet.

Cirion

Even though dairy and me have a strong love hate relationship, I do think it's probably an ideal food, but is very difficult to digest for most people without some form of aid... such as T3/T4, caffeine, antibiotics, etc....

Sea, who used to post here, said caffeine was the strongest supporter of digestion out of anything he ever tried, even antibiotics. It's one reason I am trying yet again to make high dose caffeine work for me (This time, I'll build up my tolerance tho)

Inspired

I'm also trying to re incorporate dairy into my diet. Especially casein protein. I am experimenting with different things.

There may be some truth to the "eat sugar/carbs" to digest protein too. Even though you say you are eating sugar already. I tried the last two days to have a can of Coke directly after I had my casein. And I can say that it didn't seem to block me up as it usually does. I am doing a lot of experiments though and can't exactly pinpoint eveything yet.

Oh yeah: with all that calcium, you may want get mor magnesium. Like a lot. Sometimes that just helps keep things moving.

lampofred

I don't know exactly why, but I think prolactin/PTH has to be low in order to digest dairy.

EDIT: actually PTH/prolactin is getting too technical, on a broader level I think you have to be in a very oxidized state to have good digestion

Last edited:

shine

You can try goat milk. I feel terrible when I drink cow milk but am completely fine with goat milk.