Feeling Lack Of Energy When I Don't Eat Meat

yerrag

The times when I eat little or no meat during breakfast, I don't have energy. My heart rate is low, even below 70 by mid-morning, and I feel sleepy.

Just this morning, I ate 1 egg, sweet potatoes smothered in butter and sugar, a glass of milk, and a banana. I made sure I had enough magnesium (300 mg from mag bicarbonate), calcium (milk and the eggshell powder), potassium (banana and sweet potatoes), and sodium (salt).

When I felt sleepy just now, I ate some fish floss (dried powdered fish) and some rice. Now I got my energy back.

I thought I had plenty of carbs and sugar this morning, and this would provide energy, but why did I feel sleepy? And why did I need to eat some protein, an egg not being enough, to keep me from getting sleepy?

I had in the past realized I'm Metabolic Type 1, and that I'm a fast oxidizer. And this makes me burn carbs very quickly, and that eating more meat would make me energized for a longer time. But there's no explanation for why. Like "It just is."

Anyone has any idea as to why this is so? I mean, how does having meat to accompany carb or sugar intake provide me with more energy than if I had less or no meat?

fradon

The times when I eat little or no meat during breakfast, I don't have energy. My heart rate is low, even below 70 by mid-morning, and I feel sleepy.

Just this morning, I ate 1 egg, sweet potatoes smothered in butter and sugar, a glass of milk, and a banana. I made sure I had enough magnesium (300 mg from mag bicarbonate), calcium (milk and the eggshell powder), potassium (banana and sweet potatoes), and sodium (salt).

When I felt sleepy just now, I ate some fish floss (dried powdered fish) and some rice. Now I got my energy back.

I thought I had plenty of carbs and sugar this morning, and this would provide energy, but why did I feel sleepy? And why did I need to eat some protein, an egg not being enough, to keep me from getting sleepy?

I had in the past realized I'm Metabolic Type 1, and that I'm a fast oxidizer. And this makes me burn carbs very quickly, and that eating more meat would make me energized for a longer time. But there's no explanation for why. Like "It just is."

Anyone has any idea as to why this is so? I mean, how does having meat to accompany carb or sugar intake provide me with more energy than if I had less or no meat?

your diet is shutting down your adrenals...mag, potassium, sweet potatoes are all anti stress foods. even calcium can be calming. all this is alkaline

meat has amino acids...notice the word ACID. these amino acids stimulate the adrenals and methylation. rice is suppose to be good at helping the body digest protein. so the fish powder kicks up your adrenals producing adrenaline dopamine and energy.

all those supplement cuold be pushing you to bee too alkaline and you may need more acid type foods to balance out.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

your diet is shutting down your adrenals...mag, potassium, sweet potatoes are all anti stress foods. even calcium can be calming. all this is alkaline

meat has amino acids...notice the word ACID. these amino acids stimulate the adrenals and methylation. rice is suppose to be good at helping the body digest protein. so the fish powder kicks up your adrenals producing adrenaline dopamine and energy.

all those supplement cuold be pushing you to bee too alkaline and you may need more acid type foods to balance out.

Thanks for helping out here. That may be it. It just makes wonder though how the blood pH could be so quickly affected with just my choice of food in one meal.

Another possibility is that with meat included in the meal, the digestion of starch gets to be slower as there is another macronutrient, protein in meat, that is competing with starch to be digested. So it takes a longer time to digest the starch, and the rate of glucose being fed into the blood stream becomes slower, and the supply of sugar from the meal takes longer to get exhausted.

If the adrenals are shut down because the blood has momentarily turned alkaline, then there would be no supply of sugar from glycogen, and as my supply of glucose from the meal is rapidly exhausted, there would be no ample supply of sugar coming from my body stores.

Thanks again!

benaoao

Eat a lot of fat and sugar, something difficult to digest, that requires lots of energy, feel sleepy

Eat something pretty easy to digest, feel fine

Pretty straightforward imo

Xisca

I had to eliminate carbs and go high meat, and discover that many people are recovering with no supps like this! When ever I try to eat even little fruits again, I feel sleepy! This is a dorsal vagal too strong reaction! It can just be shutting down an adrenaline rush before it arrives... yes, dorsal vagal is also a way the body has to stop sympathetic activation... sleep is a shut down, and it is upward thyroid in the body ways! Thyroid is the egg, ans is the hen.

Sleep is when there is too much energy needed for digestion, or a felt agression that the body prepare for, from the food it does not agree with...

In my case it is both pancreas weakness and guts issues, but my guts are fine now with no fiber any more. Loads of natural skin gelatine too. I take aloe on empty stomach and before bed.

mujuro

When I went vegan I found I had to eat minimum 700g carbs per day to feel energized, which necessitated a lot of rice because consuming that quantity in fruit and OJ alone was just not possible. I was using an EAA supplement to substitute protein that I was missing. Less ammonia and HCAs, right? Well I still didn’t feel great.

I never feel more energized than when I’m eating some kind of meat. Veganism looks very good on paper but I always run into problems. Huge increase in stool size/bowel movements is one of them, which makes me feel awful, no doubt from the sheer increase of bacteria and endotoxin.

benaoao

the major problem with vegans and a lot of people in general is the avoidance of gelatin, and if there's one food group where people can totally **** up their health, it's protein. More so, an imbalanced amino acid supply.

Most underrated supplement and very cheap too.

Gelatin, stress, longevity

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Eat a lot of fat and sugar, something difficult to digest, that requires lots of energy, feel sleepy

Eat something pretty easy to digest, feel fine

Pretty straightforward imo
It could also work the other way, though. If something is digested so quickly, wouldn't the supply of sugar to the blood get exhausted quickly, after the sugar rush? In contrast, a slower digestive rate would keep supply from running out so quickly?

Sobieski

If I don't eat meat, I experience not only bad moods but also lethargy and pain throughout my body. Veganism looks great in theory but for many doesn't result in good health despite doing everything right. Many prominent vegans/plant based activists/bloggers etc frankly look malnourished.

benaoao

Veganism is good if done properly. That’s the tricky part, most vegans have no idea what they’re doing, and anyway doing it right is super hard. Vegetarians are in a much better position for sure.

It could also work the other way, though. If something is digested so quickly, wouldn't the supply of sugar to the blood get exhausted quickly, after the sugar rush? In contrast, a slower digestive rate would keep supply from running out so quickly?

Not if you’re having protein with your carbs, because protein raises glucagon on top of slowing down digestion. But fat bombs are just that - too much. Picture them being the opposite of sugar bomb. In the end both get you sluggish and slow.

Amazoniac

Your Own Health And Fitness: Thyroid/Progesterone And Diet
Savior said:
Adequate protein and sodium are very crucial for the average American. Adequate high-quality protein is needed before you liver can regulate your blood sugar and all of the hormones, and without that you tend to waste your minerals and sodium is a key mineral. And so people who are on low protein and low sodium diet are doing exactly what puts them into the stress situation.
--
Politics & Science: Biochemical Health
a fairly low protein diet is very good for health, in the sense of living longer. But for maintaining tissue renewal, you can’t go below a certain amount of tryptophane, cysteine and methionine. Those are rapid turnover proteins.

benaoao

FYI as per the WHO recommendations, a cup of yogurt and 4ish ounces of fish/shellfish/meat will provide enough of those essential amino acids (cysteine is conditional) for a 200lbs adult

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I dunno but the other night I decided to increase niacinamide from 100mg to 1000mg in my milk. I had less sleep since I had to pee, but I was more energetic the next day. Then today I decided to take niacinamide in the morning, 1000mg with milk, and the rest of the day I wasn't feeling sleepy or lacking in energy.

Isn't tryptophan a precursor to niacinamide? If so, maybe the reason I have more energy with meat intake is because the tryptophan is converted to niacinamide, and that's why I have energy when I eat meat.

I just feel really energetic the past two days.

Last edited:

Xisca

I eat meat for breakfast and it feels good. Go for real food before supps! Peat advice...

Meat also make your body makes stomach acid which stimulates a good digestion. Seems you need it. Sugars reduce stomach acid.

I've been eating more beef lately. Feels like the more I eat it the better I feel. My favourite protein for sure. I was a litte bit worried about it because of the calcium to phosphorus ratio, and my teeth are already bad, but to be honest my teeth feel stronger on more meat and no dairy.

Waremu

Could be that you have a higher need for creatine than others, genetically speaking. Creatine helps recycle ATP and especially helps with those who need higher amounts of choline, etc. I personally take a creatine supplement for these reasons, since I can't eat the amount of meat every day I need to get it (a pound or so of meat). I also make sure to get plenty of glycine as it relates to how methionine and creatine are used in the body, etc. I think many Peatarians probably fall short on those two things, especially if they have the genetic mutations wherein such substances are even more important, as many people do.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Could be that you have a higher need for creatine than others, genetically speaking. Creatine helps recycle ATP and especially helps with those who need higher amounts of choline, etc. I personally take a creatine supplement for these reasons, since I can't eat the amount of meat every day I need to get it (a pound or so of meat). I also make sure to get plenty of glycine as it relates to how methionine and creatine are used in the body, etc. I think many Peatarians probably fall short on those two things, especially if they have the genetic mutations wherein such substances are even more important, as many people do.
I don't hear of creatine much in this forum. Have to look it up. Thanks.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I eat meat for breakfast and it feels good. Go for real food before supps! Peat advice...

Meat also make your body makes stomach acid which stimulates a good digestion. Seems you need it. Sugars reduce stomach acid.
What is the mechanism by which meat is made to make stomach acid? I haven't heard this before and interested to know more about it.