Feeling Lack Of Energy When I Don't Eat Meat

Xisca

Meat needs more stomach acid than carbs. So your stomach adapts and is stimulated by meat and produce more. Beef is more stimulating and fish the less. You need salt too, for the Cl.
Then if meat is not digested well, you do not get proper aminos and you enter a vicious circle because it will lower more your stomach acid. That was my case and showed as low phosphorus in my hair test.
Eating fruits was not ok for me except lemons.
I also found that sugars and proteins at the same meal rise insulin more.
I also need betaine HCl from time to time to help and aloe vera to take care of stomach lining.
You can try meat or eggs and bacon with no Orange juice for breakfast...
I drink a lot 1/2 hour before breakfast. I am trying broth at this time too! Drinking some now!

Xisca

What is the mechanism by which meat is made to make stomach acid? I haven't heard this before and interested to know more about it.
It also explain why vegetarians become so after noticing they have a problem with meat. But their diet will just lower their hcl more.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Meat needs more stomach acid than carbs. So your stomach adapts and is stimulated by meat and produce more. Beef is more stimulating and fish the less. You need salt too, for the Cl.
Then if meat is not digested well, you do not get proper aminos and you enter a vicious circle because it will lower more your stomach acid. That was my case and showed as low phosphorus in my hair test.
Eating fruits was not ok for me except lemons.
I also found that sugars and proteins at the same meal rise insulin more.
I also need betaine HCl from time to time to help and aloe vera to take care of stomach lining.
You can try meat or eggs and bacon with no Orange juice for breakfast...
I drink a lot 1/2 hour before breakfast. I am trying broth at this time too! Drinking some now!

I do very well though eating meat with carbs/sugar. Much better than meat alone. Or carbs alone.

There was a time I needed to eat lots of meat and little carb/sugar to feel good after a meal, but I've changed since then. My guess is it had a lot to do with having been on zero PUFA for a long time. Then, I needed a lot of meat to slow down my digestion of carbs, so the slowly trickling in of sugar into my blood stream worked well, as I avoided a sugar rush that would ultimately lower my blood sugar from an insulin reaction, a result of PUFA blocking sugar metabolism.

Now, I feel fine eating less meat to go with my carbs, as my body can metabolize glucose very well these days. This keeps my blood sugar from going high enough to trigger an insulin reaction.

But I can't eat too little meat and go too heavy on carbs, as I will feel empty very quickly.

You're right in that it takes more effort to digest protein. Perhaps too little meat to go with my carbs on a meal makes the carb digest too quickly, and with the sugar rush into my bloodstream, sugar is getting to my blood faster than I'm metabolizing it, increasing my blood sugar to the point that insulin is released, thereby lowering my blood sugar to level that induces stress.

And this observation applies whether I eat a simple carb like white rice, or a complex carb like sweet potatoes. On mornings where I eat sweet potatoes alone, I get hungry before lunchtime while when I accompany it with an egg, I feel no hunger past lunchtime.

Last edited:

Xisca

I would really check acid because carbs tend to lower the production and that is why with age it changes!
Do a baking soda test?
It also helps if you start the meal with the protein. More stimulation.
If you have nothing against you can take bitters as they stimulate. Even parsley helps. Dandelion better!

Xisca

With the right acid, proteins are easy to digest and quite fast!
Correct acid also will slow carb digestion!
So when we eat a lot of carbs and little protein acid will lower and digestion of carbs will be faster. This especially for starch, as they start to be broken by saliva which is then blocked by stomach acid...

Sobieski

It doesn't matter how much protein I get from milk and eggs, if I don't eat meat (including fish) my muscles and joints hurt and I lose strength pretty quickly. For me 100g protein from meat> 200g protein from eggs and milk

InChristAlone

With the right acid, proteins are easy to digest and quite fast!
Correct acid also will slow carb digestion!
So when we eat a lot of carbs and little protein acid will lower and digestion of carbs will be faster. This especially for starch, as they start to be broken by saliva which is then blocked by stomach acid...
So this is why apple cider vinegar can lower blood sugar in diabetics! Slows the digestion of carbs!

Xisca

I did not know this but your logic can be right!

GreekDemiGod

your diet is shutting down your adrenals...mag, potassium, sweet potatoes are all anti stress foods. even calcium can be calming. all this is alkaline

meat has amino acids...notice the word ACID. these amino acids stimulate the adrenals and methylation. rice is suppose to be good at helping the body digest protein. so the fish powder kicks up your adrenals producing adrenaline dopamine and energy.

all those supplement cuold be pushing you to bee too alkaline and you may need more acid type foods to balance out.
This is a very interesting perspective
I discovered that read meat gives me strength and energy, and overflows me with dopamine.

Salt is making me dehydrated.
Sodium bicarbonate is making me dehydrated.
Glucose is making me dehydrated.
Creatine is making me dehydrated.
Trimethylglycine is being given to people with dry mouth issues and is an osmoprotectant, yet it makes my mouth even drier and triggers other dehydration symptoms.
Boron should prevent electrolyte loss, but is making me dehydrated.
B vitamins should be helpful, but are making me dehydrated, especially niacin / niacinamide.

High fructose / high potassium foods seems to be safe / doesn't trigger symptoms.

What could be a reason for this?

Same here - great energy, good relaxed mood.

I can confirm too. 500 grams of red meat BBQed give nice relaxed state of mind and body. Doesn't work for me if boiled, fried or grilled.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I can confirm too. 500 grams of red meat BBQed give nice relaxed state of mind and body. Doesn't work for me if boiled, fried or grilled.
I thought BBQed is grilled?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals