Feeling Lack Of Energy When I Don't Eat Meat

I have been schooled. Thank you. :hattip

I actually believe BBQ is the only suitable way of cooking meat. Charcoal combustion creates infrared radiation and reduces pufa content via partial hydrogenation and dripping. Slow low temp cooking creates less cancerogenic compounds in meat. Marinating meat before BBQ in vinegar or lemon juice reduces policyclic aromatic hydrocarbons even lower. One more controversial idea about BBQ is that pyrolysis of wood charcoal releases a lot of phenolic compounds and some of them good antioxidants and mitochondrial uncouplers.

BBQ made this way works for me like benzos. Believe or not.
@yerrag

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I actually believe BBQ is the only suitable way of cooking meat. Charcoal combustion creates infrared radiation and reduces pufa content via partial hydrogenation and dripping. Slow low temp cooking creates less cancerogenic compounds in meat. Marinating meat before BBQ in vinegar or lemon juice reduces policyclic aromatic hydrocarbons even lower. One more controversial idea about BBQ is that pyrolysis of wood charcoal releases a lot of phenolic compounds and some of them good antioxidants and mitochondrial uncouplers.

@yerrag

I have to learn how to use the grille then with the lid. Without the lid it's grilling and with the lid it's BBQ. Right?

And then I'll have to think about the health benefits of one wood over another. Hickory? Alder? Tamarind? Neem?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This really needs a whole thread. I am willing to test this theory out on myself. :drool

Sign me up!

Last edited:
I have to learn how to use the grille then with the lid. Without the lid it's grilling and with the lid it's BBQ. Right?

And then I'll have to think about the health benefits of one wood over another. Hickory? Alder? Tamarind? Neem?

No lid. You have to cook it 2-3 hours over charcoal without flames, pyrolysis only. Marination in vinegar, hibiscus tea, lemon juice or maybe some other organic acids protects meat from formation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.

Effects of marinating on the formation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (benzo[a]pyrene, benzo[b]fluoranthene and fluoranthene) in grilled beef meat - ScienceDirect

The study showed significant (p < 0.05) reduction (70%) of PAH in beef samples treated with the acidic marinade (containing 1.2% lemon juice).

Also use of spices protects from PAH formation. Oregano, thyme and other are proven in studies. Google.

Info about pufa reduction can be found in Google too. Here is one example.

Effect of Cooking on the Fatty Acid Composition of Beef Intramuscular Lipid - ScienceDirect

Info about partial hydrogenation of pufas during BBQ is tricky part. I swear I have read a study. Never again I can find it in Google. It's lost. You can believe me or not on this part.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I'll try to summarize and post a thread.
I would be very grateful. If you could also mention the bbq "grill" and charcoal you recommend that would be awesome. I am pretty stoked to get started. Been grilling a lot lately but wanna give bbq'ing a run.

I would be very grateful. If you could also mention the bbq "grill" and charcoal you recommend that would be awesome. I am pretty stoked to get started. Been grilling a lot lately but wanna give bbq'ing a run.

You don't need a fancy grill 2000$ worth. Even 4 bricks and metal screen do the trick. This is actually like I do.

Ok I'm going to make a post about all of this. 1-2 days maybe.

Forsythia

reduces pufa content via partial hydrogenation and dripping.

Info about partial hydrogenation of pufas during BBQ is tricky part. I swear I have read a study. Never again I can find it in Google. It's lost. You can believe me or not on this part.

Definitely not. Cooking/heating fat does not hydrogenate fat, partially or otherwise. Cooking/heating can reduce fat if the drippings are removed. Cooking/heating fat to high temps can create free radicals and other toxic byproducts.

These are not the study I'm referring to but it mentions possibility if saturation during cooking. I'll try to find the study claiming partial hydrogenation of pufas during beef cooking.

"the cooking process increased the levels of those fatty acids, probably due to loss of moisture and saturation of unsaturated fatty acids."

Chemical and Fatty acid composition of different cuts cooked or uncooked from yearling bulls fed oil sources

Besides the oxidative stability, total
SFA in the frying oil increased after deep frying
of fish sample. It could be due to the increasing
degree of saturation of the double bonds between
the carbons of PUFA. Hence a decrease in total PUFA
was observed for the heated oil sample (Table 1).
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...WMAd6BAgBEAE&usg=AOvVaw2mCaysX343KF0lKubPwcGw

@Forsythia

Thiw
You don't need a fancy grill 2000$ worth. Even 4 bricks and metal screen do the trick. This is actually like I do.

Ok I'm going to make a post about all of this. 1-2 days maybe.
This is how "Shashlik" is usually done in Caucasus - marinated in vinegar with spices or kefir then slowly cooked over hot charcoal. It is very popular in the post soviet block.

GreekDemiGod

It doesn't matter how much protein I get from milk and eggs, if I don't eat meat (including fish) my muscles and joints hurt and I lose strength pretty quickly. For me 100g protein from meat> 200g protein from eggs and milk
Confirming the same.

Sitaruîm

@yerrag

In Argentina we grill with charcoal, without there being a flame. It is also a very common occurrence, at least once a week with family.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals