Feeling incredibly calm on thyroid

P

PointOutside

Another update on my thyroid experience, coming up on 2 weeks of T4/T3 slowly titrating up. These last few days I’ve been extremely mellow at night and feeling really good. My mind for the first time at night is quiet, and I’m having way less bouts of cold extremities and other hypo symptoms.

The mellow I’m feeling is almost drug-like to be honest and I was wondering if this was the drop in stress hormones that’s talked about here? I also had a drop in libido but I don’t feel like in an unhealthy way, like sex feels more intimate and less angry also I did lose my erection a few times but I’m just not gonna think much of it because I’m still making massive changes to my metabolism. I have slightly low average testosterone levels and I know my adrenals were probably compensating for a chunk of my T levels, remove stress hormones boom lowered libido. Hopefully testicular testosterone output increases over the next few months?

I’m assuming at this point it’s just calories and nutrients until my body can compensate without stress hormones?

Anyways, it’s been going really great otherwise. Any comments are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

gallahad

Hi pountoutside,
looks great. "Without" stress hormones you'd be dead. Seems that your body is adjusting to your administration of thyroid hormones. Could possibly be that your overburdened adrenals need time to adjust to your new thyroid hormone levels. Didn't you post already that you're experienced a up and down rollercoaster ride in your first week with "very strong" libido and so on?
Do yourself a favor and stay with your thyroid dose for at least 3-4 weeks. I don't know why you introduced thyroid hormones therapy in the first place, but i would focus on the basics. Sleep / Stress / Sufficient Calories...

Beastmode

Another update on my thyroid experience, coming up on 2 weeks of T4/T3 slowly titrating up. These last few days I’ve been extremely mellow at night and feeling really good. My mind for the first time at night is quiet, and I’m having way less bouts of cold extremities and other hypo symptoms.

The mellow I’m feeling is almost drug-like to be honest and I was wondering if this was the drop in stress hormones that’s talked about here? I also had a drop in libido but I don’t feel like in an unhealthy way, like sex feels more intimate and less angry also I did lose my erection a few times but I’m just not gonna think much of it because I’m still making massive changes to my metabolism. I have slightly low average testosterone levels and I know my adrenals were probably compensating for a chunk of my T levels, remove stress hormones boom lowered libido. Hopefully testicular testosterone output increases over the next few months?

I’m assuming at this point it’s just calories and nutrients until my body can compensate without stress hormones?

Anyways, it’s been going really great otherwise. Any comments are appreciated.
I had some similar experiences when starting T3 as well. I didn't have any reduction in libido, just more of a "robust" like experience when ejaculating compared to the less satisfying, not as powerful ones prior. I was in my late 30's when starting the T3 and eating properly on a consistent basis. Stick with it and eventually it'll continue sorting itself out. One thing that you may consider, when you feel like it makes sense, is to add some outdoor walking in the sun as that can help everything. When you're feeling even better, consider some weight lifting as well 2-3 times per week never lifting to failure and leaving feeling great.

Also, get lots of sleep. It continues to be a game changer in regeneration for me.

OP
P

PointOutside

Hi pountoutside,
looks great. "Without" stress hormones you'd be dead. Seems that your body is adjusting to your administration of thyroid hormones. Could possibly be that your overburdened adrenals need time to adjust to your new thyroid hormone levels. Didn't you post already that you're experienced a up and down rollercoaster ride in your first week with "very strong" libido and so on?
Do yourself a favor and stay with your thyroid dose for at least 3-4 weeks. I don't know why you introduced thyroid hormones therapy in the first place, but i would focus on the basics. Sleep / Stress / Sufficient Calories...
Definitely not changing my dose for a while.

I am in thyroid because I have really low body temp and pulse, extremely cold extremities, very sluggish thinking. Poor to nonexistent libido.

Thyroid gives me moments of clarity and everything mentioned above resolves (well, getting there hopefully)

I’ve been off of PUFAs. I hit my nutrients. I’ve tried so much with all of the different non thyroid options. At this point, I decided to jump the gun and things have really been looking up for me.

I have an issue with conversion to T3 but my thyroid itself is fine. Nothing short of miraculous so far. Since switching to T3 mono I haven’t had a single moment of feeling hypo. Incredivle. When I watch a movie now, I understand what’s going on. I have a stronger feeling of empathy now. I can feel emotions again. No urge to bite my nails, no more obsessing over small issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals