Feeling Helpless, Really Stuck And Scared

Rtm320

Hi all,
Apologies for this self indulgent rant--so appropriate considering the Holidays ha. I am sitting on the couch sulking at my aunt's house watching my mother and she make a family dinner and I am completely detached and miserable. Resentful of having to be around people when I am feeling so low, I'd really rather be by myself at home so I didn't have to feel bad for feeling bad about my hair thinning. And no one understands how debilitating this is. I thought at one point I had turned a corner with it but with more of my scalp showing than ever I am once again hyperfocused on it and incredibly sad. I do not know how, as a young woman, to ever be okay with what's happening and am so fearful of the day that it gets so bad I can't fake it anymore. I feel like I sound so vain but unless you've been through it, it's hard to understand. It makes me feel so helpless, I've devoted so much time to researching and experimenting, it's hard to stay hopeful when there havent been any gains. I hate looking at myself, I hate getting ready everyday, it's a constant reminder. I can't put it out of sight out of mind. I am just having a really down day. I'm sorry again but am thankful to have a place to vent. This forum is such a comfort to me and I am grateful.

WestCoaster

You might find solace by drastically increasing your fat intake. A lot of what you describe happened to a friend of mine when she went vegan and her fat intake literally went to zero. She went back to her home country where her parents basically made her eat fatty cuts of meat, soups, and some vegetables. No fruit, no sugar, no starches.

Her symptoms she complained about were: thinning hair, anxiety, feeling depressed or low, and not wanting to be around anyone. I can't say I've been through it so I can't fully understand how you feel, but what I can tell you is my friend described pretty much carbon copy how you feel. She got better once her parents basically made her eat a higher fat diet and took away the fruit and starches.

Lilac

Dr. Cate Shanahan's book Deep Nutrition is the advice I followed that stopped my hair from falling out, a year or so before I found Peat. Good luck. Sending you good vibrations--hang in there!

LukeL

I asked Danny Roddy about thinning brittle hair and he said hair thickness correlated with a liver protein "albumin" which can be elevated by an increase in protein intake and salt intake

Jordan, V.E. Protein status of the elderly as measured by dietary intake, hair tissue, and serum albumin. Am J Clin Nutr. 1976 May;29(5):522-8. “Serum albumin showed significant correlation with the protein content of the growing hair root bulbs. There was significant correlation between the percentage of growing hairs, their bulb diameters, and protein content, which in turn, correlated with the protein intake of the subject.”

OP
R

Rtm320

Thank-you all so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I have a red/infra red combo light but I use it inconsistently. I definitely want to be more regimented with it for a real try.
Thanks again all, it means a lot.

sladerunner69

Hi all,
Apologies for this self indulgent rant--so appropriate considering the Holidays ha. I am sitting on the couch sulking at my aunt's house watching my mother and she make a family dinner and I am completely detached and miserable. Resentful of having to be around people when I am feeling so low, I'd really rather be by myself at home so I didn't have to feel bad for feeling bad about my hair thinning. And no one understands how debilitating this is. I thought at one point I had turned a corner with it but with more of my scalp showing than ever I am once again hyperfocused on it and incredibly sad. I do not know how, as a young woman, to ever be okay with what's happening and am so fearful of the day that it gets so bad I can't fake it anymore. I feel like I sound so vain but unless you've been through it, it's hard to understand. It makes me feel so helpless, I've devoted so much time to researching and experimenting, it's hard to stay hopeful when there havent been any gains. I hate looking at myself, I hate getting ready everyday, it's a constant reminder. I can't put it out of sight out of mind. I am just having a really down day. I'm sorry again but am thankful to have a place to vent. This forum is such a comfort to me and I am grateful.

If your hair is thinning your definitely in the right place. There are tons of guidelines for dirting and supplements and nutrition, there are plenty of techniques for younto try amd solve hairthinning. Its one of the most common problems leading people to find Ray Peat and many of us have success. And most of us are malrs with SERIOUS bald probs! Your situation is very likely far less severe and easily reversible so thats good to keep in mind...

So firstly whats your diet lookin like?
What supplements have you tried?
And have you looked into laser light therapy for you hair? Seems to work everytime

OP
R

Rtm320

Thank-you @sladerunner69
I try to eat Peat as much as possible but I also try to not stress when it's beyond my control.
Lots of eggs, cheese, rice, potatoes, clementines, oj, coffee, milk, sugar, cacao powder. I try to do the frozen liver pills but don't eat them consistently. Supplement with and have been using topically vitamin a, k, d. Taurine, theanine powder, collagen, aspirin. Occassionally niacinamide. I had experimented a bit with tyromix but wasnt feeling so great on it so ceased it. I also tried progestene for a short time but wasnt feeling much with it either. I do use a red/infrared combo light fr Redlightman which I shine on different angles of my head and then throat for thyroid. I definitely need to be more consisten with all of the things I am experimenting with. I do feel like I prob dont get enough protein. I get really hypoglycemic if I dont eat. And my waking temps are low ranging btw 96.4-97.4. Low resting pulse too usually in 60s. I have really crappy insurance but I hope to maybe buy some labs online--I havent had bloodwork done in years. My hair is miniaturized and sheds at really short lengths :/ I really want to believe there is still hope and so appreciate the amazing support found here.

Orion

Thank-you @sladerunner69
I try to eat Peat as much as possible but I also try to not stress when it's beyond my control.
Lots of eggs, cheese, rice, potatoes, clementines, oj, coffee, milk, sugar, cacao powder. I try to do the frozen liver pills but don't eat them consistently. Supplement with and have been using topically vitamin a, k, d. Taurine, theanine powder, collagen, aspirin. Occassionally niacinamide. I had experimented a bit with tyromix but wasnt feeling so great on it so ceased it. I also tried progestene for a short time but wasnt feeling much with it either. I do use a red/infrared combo light fr Redlightman which I shine on different angles of my head and then throat for thyroid. I definitely need to be more consisten with all of the things I am experimenting with. I do feel like I prob dont get enough protein. I get really hypoglycemic if I dont eat. And my waking temps are low ranging btw 96.4-97.4. Low resting pulse too usually in 60s. I have really crappy insurance but I hope to maybe buy some labs online--I havent had bloodwork done in years. My hair is miniaturized and sheds at really short lengths :/ I really want to believe there is still hope and so appreciate the amazing support found here.

Progest-E could be helpful. Have you tried progesterone before?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals