Feeling Good But TSH Keeps Climbing

Mad

I'm frustrated with my latest lab results. Been aiming for "Peaty" changes for over 2 years now and my TSH has only gotten higher.
I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or experience with this.

TSH Dec 2016 was 6.1, Jan 2017 was 5.6, March 2017 was 6.8
TSH measured 3/20/19 was 10.4 (free T4 was 0.84)

I was 5 weeks pregnant with my first child when I miscarried on 3/16/19. This was devastating to say the least, and is what prompted the visit to the doc where I requested thyroid labs.

According to a study on thyroid.org, a TSH over 10 increases the risk of early pregnancy miscarriage by almost 4 times as compared to someone with TSH of 2.5 or lower. I desperately want to get my TSH down knowing that.

Doc wants to prescribe Synthroid.

I am already taking:
Tyronene (8mcg T3/drop) 2 drops per day
Tyromix (6mcg T4 and 3mcg T3/drop) 1 drop per day
Progest E and some other vitamins/minerals/supplements; I can explain if relevant.

I feel really great on this dose of thyroid. Before I introduced the Tyronene, I was only using the Tyromix and had worked up to 4 drops per day. I felt ok but not great. Then started experiencing more hair thinning and areas on my head just hurt/were sore and I felt this was related to the hair thinning. I read that this symptom could be related to too much T4 so I switched to what i am currently taking. Have not experienced the symptoms since then and I feel really great, energy is good, am happier, and have even lost a few pounds.

I feel quite defeated that my TSH is so high (especially after being on various thyroid doses for almost 2 years and seeing no decrease of TSH) and am hoping for some help on what my next steps could be.
Should I increase thyroid dosage? I am hesitant to do this because I already feel great now and don't want to risk that, and also don't want to risk the head/hair symptoms coming back. But like I said, I am desperate to lower my TSH in light of the miscarriage.

I appreciate your feedback.

Douglas Ek

I'm frustrated with my latest lab results. Been aiming for "Peaty" changes for over 2 years now and my TSH has only gotten higher.
I just want to know if anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or experience with this.

TSH Dec 2016 was 6.1, Jan 2017 was 5.6, March 2017 was 6.8
TSH measured 3/20/19 was 10.4 (free T4 was 0.84)

I was 5 weeks pregnant with my first child when I miscarried on 3/16/19. This was devastating to say the least, and is what prompted the visit to the doc where I requested thyroid labs.

According to a study on thyroid.org, a TSH over 10 increases the risk of early pregnancy miscarriage by almost 4 times as compared to someone with TSH of 2.5 or lower. I desperately want to get my TSH down knowing that.

Doc wants to prescribe Synthroid.

I am already taking:
Tyronene (8mcg T3/drop) 2 drops per day
Tyromix (6mcg T4 and 3mcg T3/drop) 1 drop per day
Progest E and some other vitamins/minerals/supplements; I can explain if relevant.

I feel really great on this dose of thyroid. Before I introduced the Tyronene, I was only using the Tyromix and had worked up to 4 drops per day. I felt ok but not great. Then started experiencing more hair thinning and areas on my head just hurt/were sore and I felt this was related to the hair thinning. I read that this symptom could be related to too much T4 so I switched to what i am currently taking. Have not experienced the symptoms since then and I feel really great, energy is good, am happier, and have even lost a few pounds.

I feel quite defeated that my TSH is so high (especially after being on various thyroid doses for almost 2 years and seeing no decrease of TSH) and am hoping for some help on what my next steps could be.
Should I increase thyroid dosage? I am hesitant to do this because I already feel great now and don't want to risk that, and also don't want to risk the head/hair symptoms coming back. But like I said, I am desperate to lower my TSH in light of the miscarriage.

I appreciate your feedback.

Have you had an iron panel? Did you have a miscarriage? Is so you might be deficient since you gave a big part of your blood to the baby and also blood loss during miscarriage. Low iron increases TSH. Should definantly get it checked out.

OP
M

Mad

Have you had an iron panel? Did you have a miscarriage? Is so you might be deficient since you gave a big part of your blood to the baby and also blood loss during miscarriage. Low iron increases TSH. Should definantly get it checked out.

I have not had anything tested about my iron. Frankly I am a bit confused about iron as it seems that peat world is against iron. So I hadn't really researched it further at all since I didn't think it was relevant to me, but recently when I started taking a prenatal vitamin I realized one brand I bought did contain iron while another brand I bought did not.
Yes I did have a miscarriage and lost a fair amount of blood, but no more than I do every month during my menstrual period.

Douglas Ek

I have not had anything tested about my iron. Frankly I am a bit confused about iron as it seems that peat world is against iron. So I hadn't really researched it further at all since I didn't think it was relevant to me, but recently when I started taking a prenatal vitamin I realized one brand I bought did contain iron while another brand I bought did not.
Yes I did have a miscarriage and lost a fair amount of blood, but no more than I do every month during my menstrual period.

Still worth investigating the dangers of iron is more applicable to men than women. Ray is againt excess iron in the body but he acknowledge that it does exist. Once you have done an iron panel you will see if it’s a problem or not. Untill then you can’t rule it out and considering the circumstances I think it’s likely that it’s causing your elevated TSH. There’s other nutrients equally inportant to iron when restoring iron levels because they contribute to the proper function and metablolism of iron. They are copper, vitamin A as retinol and B-vitamins. All the nutrients the liver is full off and the liver is the chief organ handling and storing iron. These nutrients will help you also keep your iron lowish but still be able to get the effects of iron that you need. Go do a iron panel and see the results. Serum-iron, ferritin, hemoglobin, transferrin, Total iron binding capacity would be good to include. Ask your doctor about it he should do it for you. Say that you read low iron can cause elevated TSH and considering your circumstances you would like to at least check em. If they turn out normal then there’s other stuff we can hypothesis about but that’s all it will ever be without testing. In my opinion iron is the most likely factor.

OP
M

Mad

Still worth investigating the dangers of iron is more applicable to men than women. Ray is againt excess iron in the body but he acknowledge that it does exist. Once you have done an iron panel you will see if it’s a problem or not. Untill then you can’t rule it out and considering the circumstances I think it’s likely that it’s causing your elevated TSH. There’s other nutrients equally inportant to iron when restoring iron levels because they contribute to the proper function and metablolism of iron. They are copper, vitamin A as retinol and B-vitamins. All the nutrients the liver is full off and the liver is the chief organ handling and storing iron. These nutrients will help you also keep your iron lowish but still be able to get the effects of iron that you need. Go do a iron panel and see the results. Serum-iron, ferritin, hemoglobin, transferrin, Total iron binding capacity would be good to include. Ask your doctor about it he should do it for you. Say that you read low iron can cause elevated TSH and considering your circumstances you would like to at least check em. If they turn out normal then there’s other stuff we can hypothesis about but that’s all it will ever be without testing. In my opinion iron is the most likely factor.
Ok thanks for the info I will look into it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals