Feeling Good After PUFA

Bluemachine

Can PUFA make you feel good in the short term after consumption?
After just eating a meal of haddock with the skin on I feel mildly euphoric though also uncomfortably warm. I didn't notice the skin when buying & I actually really disliked the meal, off taste reminiscent of fish oil from the first bite. But it did remind me of when I used to eat really fatty fish, I'd have this exact same reaction but stronger as haddock isn't really that fatty.

What could be the mechanism behind this? I doubt it's a vitamin or mineral I was lacking because I eat lean fish fairly frequently.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Maljam

I feel good having introduced more animal based PUFA sources than when I didnt eat these. I still avoid industrial vegetable oils. I am willing to believe animal based PUFA may be less harmful/ even beneficial in small amounts. No real evidence behind this though. If it makes you feel good I'd say keep going.

OP
B

Bluemachine

I feel good having introduced more animal based PUFA sources than when I didnt eat these. I still avoid industrial vegetable oils. I am willing to believe animal based PUFA may be less harmful/ even beneficial in small amounts. No real evidence behind this though. If it makes you feel good I'd say keep going.
What benefits have you noticed & from what foods?

Maljam

What benefits have you noticed & from what foods?

My health was already alright, so it's hard to pinpoint I just feel generally better. I've been doing this for over a year so its also hard to remember exactly but compared to a few years ago I am much more resilient, stronger, zero anxiety, sleep fine. My occasional PUFA eating hasn't prevented any of that anyway is the best information I have on that.

I tend to follow my cravings as best I can, I sometimes make chicken thighs with lemon, garlic and herbs, salmon, pork belly with an oriental rub, things like that. Just whatever I fancy. I dont eat any of that daily, maybe once or twice a week for one meal. I eat 2-4 eggs daily. Pretty much the only thing I avoid are vegetable oils.

Hans

Forum Supporter
After just eating a meal of haddock with the skin on I feel mildly euphoric though also uncomfortably warm. I didn't notice the skin when buying & I actually really disliked the meal, off taste reminiscent of fish oil from the first bite. But it did remind me of when I used to eat really fatty fish, I'd have this exact same reaction but stronger as haddock isn't really that fatty.

What could be the mechanism behind this? I doubt it's a vitamin or mineral I was lacking because I eat lean fish fairly frequently.

Fish protein is known to have unique benefits.

jet9

I have similar experience with quality wild seafood (mackerel, etc) i try to eat them at least 2 times a week. They are superfood for me.
I don't get same benefit from fish oil, so it's not only fats.

Also i react badly to plant pufa (brain fog, poor sleep, lower energy, etc). Tested with walnuts :).

Last edited: