Feeling Congested After Drinking A Fruit Smoothie

Libra guy

I had drank a entire bottle of that naked fruit smoothie the strawberry banana type now im having neck pressure and feeling like my airways aren't open fully why is this occurring

somuch4food

I've had a similar reaction to some frozen fruit brands while others are fine. I don't know if they use fresh fruits or not.

I actually thought I had a cold for 2 weeks before I made the connection.

OP
Libra guy

Libra guy

I've had a similar reaction to some frozen fruit brands while others are fine. I don't know if they use fresh fruits or not.

I actually thought I had a cold for 2 weeks before I made the connection.
I think its either a food allergy or the pesticides

boris

Naked smoothie also has natural flavourings. I never heard that they can cause problems, but maybe it's a factor.

somuch4food

What can i take to help with this awful feeling

If it's an allergic reaction, an antihistamine could help.

You could also try a warm liquid like soup, coffee or hot chocolate since it can help relieve congestion.

postman

Do you only get that with the smoothie or do you also get that when eating the same fruits raw and unprepared? If you think it's the pesticides, try eating the same fruit but organic and see if the same thing happens. I think it could be because of the pesticides, or the fruit is unripe, or it's because it's pasteurized, or maybe you have a bacterial problem that messes up your digestion of the fruit fiber, or maybe you're sensitive to the beta carotene although if that's the case then other fruit like oranges should cause a lot more severe symptoms.

I would try aspirin and a lot of coffee to make the symptoms go away, and maybe some other fibrous food to get that irritating smoothie pushed away as soon as possible...

Aaron

I believe I can link the slightly unripe bananas I've been eating to some congestion issues I've been having (plugged ears). It could be the bananas. I'll come back to the thread after some troubleshooting.

OP
Libra guy

Libra guy

Do you only get that with the smoothie or do you also get that when eating the same fruits raw and unprepared? If you think it's the pesticides, try eating the same fruit but organic and see if the same thing happens. I think it could be because of the pesticides, or the fruit is unripe, or it's because it's pasteurized, or maybe you have a bacterial problem that messes up your digestion of the fruit fiber, or maybe you're sensitive to the beta carotene although if that's the case then other fruit like oranges should cause a lot more severe symptoms.

I would try aspirin and a lot of coffee to make the symptoms go away, and maybe some other fibrous food to get that irritating smoothie pushed away as soon as possible...
I have been having some digestive issues lately and it seems only when i drink the juice other fruits i haven't noticed

OP
Libra guy

Libra guy

I believe I can link the slightly unripe bananas I've been eating to some congestion issues I've been having (plugged ears). It could be the bananas. I'll come back to the thread after some troubleshooting.
Could it be the potassium

somuch4food

Could it be the potassium

No, it wouldn't be the potassium. The body has a huge need for it.

Along with these, instant foods, grapes, bananas, strawberries, and citrus fruits known to release histamine (lemons, oranges, tangerines), as well as pineapples, tomatoes, nuts including peanuts, alcoholic beverages including wine, green tea, and chocolate were also restricted.
A Histamine-Free Diet Is Helpful for Treatment of Adult Patients with Chronic Spontaneous Urticaria

This means it could be similar to an allergic reaction and antihistamines could help.

berk

I had drank a entire bottle of that naked fruit smoothie the strawberry banana type now im having neck pressure and feeling like my airways aren't open fully why is this occurring
HISTAMINE

Edit: crap: someone says it earlier

berk

Ill try a antihistamine
just take some vit c and sit it out for couple hours.
anyways, if you react so badly from this smoothie then most other fruits are a problemfor you to then.
(beside apples)