Feeling calmer, but also colder

Kaka

A few weeks ago, I started supplementing between 500mg and 1000mg of mixed magnesium per day. I've noticed that I feel calmer, but I seem to feel colder at the same time. I have an internal "shiver" and if it's cold outside, my index fingers often turn white. In the morning, I tend to feel warm enough, but as the day goes on, I cool down. If I smoke marijuana, or drink alcohol, then I feel warm again. Likewise, if I eat alot of sugary/salty /fatty food, then I warm up, but I think that might be an inflammatory response. What's the likely explanation for this?

Jessie

Magnesium is likely killing the cortisol response via the ACTH pathway. It's probably also lowering adrenaline via GABA agonism. This could lead to the odd state of feeling calmer and colder at the same time, provided there's not enough T3 to keep temps up.

Whenever you smoke cannabis or drink alcohol, its likely brigning the cortisol back up again, therefor increasing temps. When you consume the sugar, it could be giving your glycogen a boost and increasing T3, also causing a warming effect.