Feeling Awful After Oregano Oil

Redshine

Dear member,

Yesterday I decided to try oregano oil, just 1 drop and this morning I took 1 drop. But I feel awful, my head hurts but that is not why I open this thread. It is my back hurts, in a really weird way and it is even starting from my lower back to my whole back and chest. Can I be allergic to it? I do use oregano through pasta. My mood is also really depressing... Crying for no reasons. Hope that there are people with a bit of answers for me

Literally

I suppose one possibility is a die-off reaction (Herxheimer), which if I understand correctly, can really escalate circulating endotoxin. Another possibility is that it doesn't agree with you. Another possibility is that the cause was something else.

Did you use a carrier oil? IF you want to keep experimenting with it, I'd suggest that you stir the 1 drop into a carrier oil (i.e. a regular fat, like coconut oil), which allows you to easily reduce your dose. You can then consume less than one drop (like 1/3 of a drop maybe) by simply not consuming all of the mixture. Then I'd immediately use a variety of therapies known to take endotoxin out of the system, e.g. raw carrot salad on an empty stomach, or cooked bamboo shoots.

(Using a carrier oil is recommended in any case, because the concentrated oil can be rough on tissues.)

I would also assess, even if it seems to make you feel worse initially, if you feel better than before after a few days. I would certainly not take it continuously until you get a better sense of what it is doing to you.

Adrienlcrx

In my experience oregano oil is really powerful and just one drop can hurt you for half a day. Since my last bad experience with her (two drops internally after a big meal and I felt completely amorphous) I prefer to use it in external way
massage on the stomach for example
Difficult to give efficacy compared to oral route but bad reactions are not here

OP
Redshine

Redshine

The first drop I took was right op de spoon, is was immediately overwhelming en didnt fellt right, it was so hot. I drank milk (that would explain the headache and my sinus to react) my lips were tinteling and I didnt feel them for a while. This morning I took it in some tea with some coco oil. I thougt it will make my sinus more clear... But then my back started, I slept an hour and it is somewhat better but my lower back still hurts.

In my teenage years my periods were also awful, I layed on bed all day, could this explain why my lower back is hurting? That the oil is targeting something there? On this moment I decided to not take it tomorrow, this morning I took just 1 drop.

Maybe I can also try it external. But maybe in a couple of days. Im not ready to go trough this again.

Literally

Muscle pain can be a general symptom of low energy.

If something is hurting you, stop doing it. I would only go back if you end up feeling like you knocked out an infection or something, and even then use less than 1 drop as I described above. I don't think external use is going to kill too many pathogens inside you though.

OP
Redshine

Redshine

Thats crazy, because indeed my "bum" felt sore. Taking it on another moment on the day can that make a differrnce?

Dont get me wrong I'm not planning to take it this week or maybe not even this month. And yes defenitly will take less than 1 drop and with oil. As you recommended