Feeling Amazing

DaveFoster

I feel absolutely incredible today; like really fantastic. I can feel emotions, but I'm not bothered by them. I feel clear, relaxed, and almost like I'm on LSD, but I'm not.

Things I've done:

1) Dropped my caffeine from a very-high dose to a high dose. (3 grams to 2 grams)
2) Therapy; talked to someone about my experiences.
3) Haven't eaten starch in a couple days.

I suspect it's largely the second point, but the other two no doubt help. Starch is evil.

It could just be stress hormones making you feel good. Adrenaline can make someone feel good. Stress response from the synthetic caffeine = feel high. Maybe you don't do well with starch but that doesn't mean it's evil. Many people don't do well with milk but that doesn't mean milk is evil. How come whenever someone says they don't do well with milk, everyone says "it's not the milk, it's you" but when it comes to starch no one says that. Everyone assumes that the person has to do something to be able to "fix" what's stopping them from digesting dairy. The same can be said for starch, it's not the starch, it's you. Maybe you don't produce enough amylase to digest starch, similar to how someone doesn't produce enough lactase to digest milk.

YuraCZ

Starch is evil :mrgreen:

Attachments

• images[8].jpg
    images[8].jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 923

NathanK

Starch can ncrease cortisol and caffeine can increase adrenalin. One of Ray's basic premises, that I think a lot of people forget, is to lower stress. I think the added stress hormones in an already stressed state, which we try to use theraputically, can backfire.

Talking about stress with a confidant releases stress.

Sounds like you hit a stress trifecta. Congrats!

NathanK said:
Starch can ncrease cortisol and caffeine can increase adrenalin. One of Ray's basic premises, that I think a lot of people forget, is to lower stress. I think the added stress hormones in an already stressed state, which we try to use theraputically, can backfire.

Protein can if not eaten with enough carbohydrate:

"If protein is eaten without carbohydrate, it will stimulate insulin secretion, lowering blood sugar and activating the stress response, leading to the secretion of adrenalin, cortisol, growth hormone, prolactin, and other hormones. The adrenalin will mobilize glycogen from the liver, and (along with other hormones) will mobilize fatty acids, mainly from fat cells. Cortisol will activate the conversion of protein to amino acids, and then to fat and sugar, for use as energy. -RP

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Westside PUFAs said:
post 113809 It could just be stress hormones making you feel good. Adrenaline can make someone feel good. Stress response from the synthetic caffeine = feel high. Maybe you don't do well with starch but that doesn't mean it's evil. Many people don't do well with milk but that doesn't mean milk is evil. How come whenever someone says they don't do well with milk, everyone says "it's not the milk, it's you" but when it comes to starch no one says that. Everyone assumes that the person has to do something to be able to "fix" what's stopping them from digesting dairy. The same can be said for starch, it's not the starch, it's you. Maybe you don't produce enough amylase to digest starch, similar to how someone doesn't produce enough lactase to digest milk.
I remember Ray talking about how a child who ate starch turned into a different person; withdrawn, aggressive, and autistic. That's me. Definitely, I notice some negatives to milk consumption; namely tryptophan and sensitive nipples from estrogen, but it's nothing compared to the knock-out punch of Starch Tyson.
NathanK said:
post 113814 Starch can ncrease cortisol and caffeine can increase adrenalin. One of Ray's basic premises, that I think a lot of people forget, is to lower stress. I think the added stress hormones in an already stressed state, which we try to use theraputically, can backfire.

Talking about stress with a confidant releases stress.

Sounds like you hit a stress trifecta. Congrats!
There's some evidence that caffeine's effects on cortisol attentuate with chronic ingestion. I definitely feel calmer when I consume caffeine regularly. It could be stress, and it also may be an endorphin response triggered by the therapy.

YuraCZ said:
Fantastic, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

I like how the McDougall of 20 years ago looks almost as good as the Peat of today.

NathanK

DaveFoster said:
There's some evidence that caffeine's effects on cortisol attentuate with chronic ingestion. I definitely feel calmer when I consume caffeine regularly. It could be stress, and it also may be an endorphin response triggered by the therapy.
Hey, thanks for the read. I speak for myself in that I've pushed the envelope many times in the past with stimulants that I'm surprised that I didn't give myself diabetes lol

YuraCZ

lexis said:
post 113825 There should be a way to cook rice in a way its less harmful
Parboiled rice can be a problem. Especially if it's cooked, refrigerated and then consumed. It has epic amount of resistant starch and it gives me insane gas, bloating and gut pain. But jasmine rice? I think best source of carbs for me. So easy to digest.. How can jasmine rice cause problems. When its fully digested almost like pure glucose. With some lean meat, low FODMAP veggies = ideal meal for me(my gut)..

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

NathanK said:
Hey, thanks for the read. I speak for myself in that I've pushed the envelope many times in the past with stimulants that I'm surprised that I didn't give myself diabetes lol
Very interesting. It seems that this does not specifically pertain to adenosine, but rather the methylxanthine structure and one of its interactions.

I wonder if niacinamide, which suppresses the FFA release of caffeine, likewise stops the reduction in insulin sensitivity, as the FFA release likely plays a central role in causing this undesirable effect.

NathanK

DaveFoster said:
post 113829
NathanK said:
Very interesting. It seems that this does not specifically pertain to adenosine, but rather the methylxanthine structure and one of its interactions.

I wonder if niacinamide, which suppresses the FFA release of caffeine, likewise stops the reduction in insulin sensitivity, as the FFA release likely plays a central role in causing this undesirable effect.
I'm not sure I understand since caffeine is a methylxanthine, but I can say that while the dose (300mg) was relatively low. In contrast to your study the subjects abstained from caffeine for 72 hours before the experiment. That makes a big difference if tolerance is impaired in that time. It's possible.

I read one study that explicit stated that sugar ingested with caffeine stops excessive FFA in its tracks. I have it on my desktop somewhere.

I feel confident that niacinamide and biotin would suppress FFA similarly. Both have been shown to inhibit gluconeogenisis as well. As Haidut's study said, the lowered FFA didnt kick in for an hour so i would delay my caffeine after taking one or more of those substances.

Another thing about that niacin study thread that stands out to me was the FFA rebound effect. My best guess is that I don't think that it is isolated to just niacin. There's no studies that I'm aware of to corroborate that AFAIK.

I can personally say that when I've overdone caffeine, or even tried ECA stacks, that I gain weight. I can only attribute that to the increased catecholamine response and the increased FFA. IOW, I over did it, which may be easier to do in hypothyroid people.

I just looked at your typical daily dose of caffeine and that's astronomical. IIR correctly, the considered lethal dose is around 2g

Makrosky

NathanK said:
I just looked at your typical daily dose of caffeine and that's astronomical. IIR correctly, the considered lethal dose is around 2g

Sorry but no. It's more like 10 grams. Another more conservative source claims 5 grams. That is not to say the guy is not ingesting an astronomical dose. But far from being deadly.

From the wikipedia : "The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass (75–100 cups of coffee for a 70 kilogram adult)."

YuraCZ said:
post 113828When its fully digested almost like pure glucose.

Sometimes it's listed higher GI than pure glucose :ss

tara

Westside PUFAs said:
post 113809 Maybe you don't do well with starch but that doesn't mean it's evil. Many people don't do well with milk but that doesn't mean milk is evil.
:1 :)
Makrosky said:
post 113853
NathanK said:

Sorry but no. It's more like 10 grams. Another more conservative source claims 5 grams. That is not to say the guy is not ingesting an astronomical dose. But far from being deadly.
Depends on whether you are looking at the LD50 (ie a dose tha would probably kill half the people) or the dose at which it is likely to risk killing some people. I sure wouldn't be assuming I'm in the top 50%. I agree it's likely to be more than 2g for most people whose livers are in reasonable shape (cirrhosis reduces tolerance significantly), especially if working up to it gradually. But 3g seems extreme and risky to me.

michael94

Do you guys ever feel a sense of guilt ? I still have a way to go, but I think I've dialed myself in considerably better than the average person. I walk into work and you can smell the serotonin on everyone's breath so to speak. They're just trying to make it through the day ( I work in a restaurant )...it's not their fault they have been taught all the wrong things nor that they never considered this view of nutrition. Like I mentioned in another thread, we are not representative of the population and most people suffer in futile attempts to restore balance, usually by turning to harmful drugs/alcohol.

fwiw I feel better with a bit of starch than without, having tried both for more than enough time to tell in the past month

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

icecreamlover said:
post 113971 Do you guys ever feel a sense of guilt ? I still have a way to go, but I think I've dialed myself in considerably better than the average person. I walk into work and you can smell the serotonin on everyone's breath so to speak. They're just trying to make it through the day ( I work in a restaurant )...it's not their fault they have been taught all the wrong things nor that they never considered this view of nutrition. Like I mentioned in another thread, we are not representative of the population and most people suffer in futile attempts to restore balance, usually by turning to harmful drugs/alcohol.

fwiw I feel better with a bit of starch than without, having tried both for more than enough time to tell in the past month
I think to not feel a sense of guilt in the modern world means that you have some spectrum of insanity, or psychopathy. Sometimes I just think of all the injustices forced upon people throughout the ages, and the lies that continue to circulate and perpetuate these cycles of pain, and I feel a deep sense of regret for my downtrodden brothers. Should you be what is appropriate for the moment, or should you stand up against the liars and thieves even if it leads to your death?

The funny thing is, as you said, people suffer from ignorance of themselves and the world around them. The line between conscious thought and unconcscious suggestion blurs itself in these individuals, and they think from the sources of fear and desire, respecitvely. Learning more and more, I realize how ignorant I am, even now; especially now. I also know that the clarity of a well-supported mind and body, while invaluable, lies outside of the reach of even the most intelligent and dediated of us, and we may only subsist here for a small amount of time.

The devil parades himself in a veil of light; evil is seldom done without a just purpose. These drugs that people use, they accomplish one thing correctly, but they throw others out of balance. The hollistic restoration of the organism lies as the goal, and I believe Ray Peat would agree here. Attacking a symptom, such as serotonin, estrogen, and the like, assists in the process, but only through the destruction of all these imbalances, along with a surplus of support for the underlying biology of the human will true health be accomplished. I feel like pboy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals