Feeling Always Busy And Time Perception Change Since "peating"

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by HealingBoy, Oct 17, 2019.

1. HealingBoy

HealingBoy Member

Hey everybody

I started "peating" 9 months ago (low PUFA, vitamins ABCDEK, zinc/magnesium, taurine, niacinamide, pregnenolone, coffee, high sugar intake, increased protein intake ), I feel always busy, even if I sit alone by myself on a calm sunday.
    Time seems to fly away. I feel I have time for nothing. I was clearly not like this before.

Since 2 weeks, I stopped coffee completely, I avoid anything caffeinated. I drastically reduced zinc, niacinamide and pregnenolone, still some taurine, no magnesium anymore. I kept low PUFA, high sugar and protein intake. I checked my TSH a week ago and I'm at 2.1, so I'm not really hyperthyroidic.

I still feel busy everytime, like agitated, even if nothing happens. It's something I don't like anymore, I want to calm down.

Does anyone feel like this ? Do you think any of these supplements / diet choice play a part in this feeling ?

2. Vinero

Vinero Member

What is your main protein source? When I ate a lot of dairy I got similar symptoms. I think the high calcium can lead to agitation and restlessness. Since eating mainly meats instead of milk and cheese for protein I feel a lot more calm and grounded.

3. OP
    HealingBoy

HealingBoy Member

My main source of protein : tuna, sardines, lean beef, and often different kind of cheese (french cheese of course :blush:). No milk, no yogourt.

4. ExCarniv

ExCarniv Member

Tuna and sardines high in pufas.

5. Tarmander

Tarmander Member

This is interesting and a good subjective experience report.

Have you gained a lot of weight? You feel busier but physically are you less or more active?

6. Julles

Julles Member

I would check life-style, environment. Busy feeling is common nowdays in almost everyone, not having enough time! When everyone spends 90% of their waking time busying their perceptions with media, cellphones, tv.
    Smash that god damn thing! Go out to nature and breath!

7. Julles

Julles Member

If it is canned tuna in water it as less pufas than eggs.

8. milkboi

milkboi Member

good advice

9. lampofred

lampofred Member

I think it could be due to high serotonin. Do you live in a big city? It might be due to EMF radiation, air pollution, toxins in the water.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member

Could be taurine. Something in my protein shakes has been making myself feel the way you describe (they also contain whey isolate, collagen, creatine, beta alanine, turmeric/black pepper, and magnesium citrate). I was visiting friends in a relaxed part of the country this week and there was a sort of agitated buzzing feeling in my head that lasted until day 2 of eating normal people provisions (including some soybean oil). Went away completely by then. Will try cutting out taurine and I'll report back. I was also taking low dose nascent iodine which I'll also eliminate, so it won't be a perfect elimination. Too much dairy could theoretically increase your iodine too OP.

11. postman

postman Member

Dairy, and salt, are som peaty things which make me agitated. Overdoing taurine also like Aaron said

12. Tristan Loscha

Tristan Loscha Member

Yes,Taurine can be sedating or reducing Tension and Vigor.Also a lot of Peat-Interpreter advocating plain-sugar
    intake.it could be beginning Thiamine-deficiency Psychosis.I would take a B-complex spiked by high dose thiamine,200mg per day.also keep the magnesium.less pharmaceutical substance like hormones etcetc,if you want to eliminate.

13. prank

prank Member

Only a guess, but you may have uncovered older structural issues that your previous diet/lifestyle managed with higher serotonin.

14. sugarbabe

sugarbabe Member

You were supplementing all those vitamins? The fat solubles can build up. How much caffeine were you doing a day? If you read through caffeine withdrawal forums some people need months to feel back themselves. I just started coffee again after not having any for 2 yrs and I'd say it is harder to feel calm, but I'm more productive. Sometimes wired and tired though. Overall I prefer myself off it but hate to go through the whole process again.

15. Kammas

Kammas Member

how many calories are you eating. insufficient energy intake makes it so your brain can’t keep up with its thoughts