Feeling A Little Thin

andy

Hi to everyone.Hoping for some guidance on some problems i seem to be getting.I was getting alot of bowel problems with potatoes and other starches.completely stopped all starches and have now started to have alot of white sugar,ice cream ,some apple juice,some milk chocolate,2 egg yolks(everyday)some coconut oil and coffee,niacinamide ,milk(cheese no good) liver etc.My hands are usually cold.also had my prolactin tested which i was told was fine.Well ever since i have started to eat this new way (it did take me quite a while to adapt)i seem to have lost about 7 pounds in weight ie 11 stone to 10.5 stone.Face seems to have thinned out(dont like this effect)I have started to have alot of salt(i think i was /am hypothyroid)and also started 5 mg dhea(pregnenolone causes anxiety and anger and insomnia even at 10mg)what i have noticed is that my hands appear to be warmer but i feel too thin.My sleep seems to have got a bit better with less urination at night.what do i do to increase my weight(want to put on some muscle)also erectile dysfunction seems to have returned(worked fine with starch and oily fish)do i just eat even more icecream(contains gums )more sugar .more chocolate and more coconut oil(too many fluids means less warm hands)also would dried milk powder be acceptable.thanks for any help.

Sucrates

Eat much more carbs and probably more protein, perhaps less fluid. Lift weights for 30-40 minutes 2-3 times per week. Sleep well, and please use paragraphs.
I maintain weight on 2700kcal, I had to eat 4500kcal to gain weight consistently.

OP
A

andy

Sorry about lack of paragraphs.You mention more protein and also less fluid.May i ask what source of protein works best for muscle gain. It is really irritating that cheese is a no for me. I think Ray mentioned that dried milk protein is no good ,but in the context of muscle gain could it be useful.? I will start having alot more white sugar to up the carbs.Thanks.

squanch

Sorry about lack of paragraphs.You mention more protein and also less fluid.May i ask what source of protein works best for muscle gain. It is really irritating that cheese is a no for me. I think Ray mentioned that dried milk protein is no good ,but in the context of muscle gain could it be useful.? I will start having alot more white sugar to up the carbs.Thanks.
Why is cheese a no for you? It is usually much better tolerated than milk.

Sucrates

Sorry about lack of paragraphs.You mention more protein and also less fluid.May i ask what source of protein works best for muscle gain. It is really irritating that cheese is a no for me. I think Ray mentioned that dried milk protein is no good ,but in the context of muscle gain could it be useful.? I will start having a lot more white sugar to up the carbs.Thanks.

I think egg, cheese and milk, some liver and seafood are good too. Try looking for cheeses that don't have gums, enzymes or vegetarian rennet. I eat a lot of milk powder, but someone recently posted about endotoxin levels, so I'm going to test without it soon, I usually whisk about an ounce into coffee, which is about 10g protein. You can use gelatin too. Not great as a protein source for muscle but it does lower inflammation and increase potential muscle growth from exercise.

Another source is non-fat high protein greek yogurt, but that needs to be strained for about 6hrs, some use skyr yogurt, which is probably like extra-strained fat free greek except more expensive (and less work).

Eating a lot of pure sucrose probably isn'y a problem short term, unless you have certain bacterial populations, long term it's going to be a diet low on necessary micronutrients though. I try to eat sugar along with more micronutrient dense things like coffee, dairy and fruit.

OP
A

andy

Cottage cheese gives me constipation and acne.Also when i used to have potatoes and white rice i noticed alot of bowel distension and my tongue was always coated .Potatoes in the past gave me fungal overgrowth. I may try having may be one a day to start again. Having read some articles by Andrew Kim and Ray Peat and others on this forum i am under the impression that starch generates more endotoxin and thats also why i cut it out.I think i will try having more milk boiled with sugar and some potatoes and see what happens.

EIRE24

Maybe an antibiotic would help? Or a probiotic although I know that isn't peaty at all.

Sucrates

S. Boullardii might be worth reading about. It can out compete some problematic fungi.

Constatine

A lot of simple sugars can be problematic under these circumstances. It should really be used therapeutically short term and not as a staple in the diet. It's like coal to the metabolic fire. You have too much of it too long and you become nutrient and caloric deficient unless your eating a lot of really nutrient dense foods. It's all about balance. Eat it to taste. Also try increasing your protein intake to at least 80 grams a day, 120 would be better though. Also salt will make you lose weight. Salts great but it's a similar story to simple sugars. (But you should never eat a low sodium diet obviously).

squanch

Cottage cheese gives me constipation and acne.
There's a lot more cheese than just cottage cheese though. You can try aged cheeses, maybe goat/sheep instead of cows milk (usually better for acne prone people) etc.

Also when i used to have potatoes and white rice i noticed alot of bowel distension and my tongue was always coated .
The coated tongue comes from not chewing starches properly and/or drinking to much during meals (especially cold fluids like milk for example). I used to have this a lot.
The bowel distension would be for the same reasons.

J

James IV

You could have excess bacteria proliferation from too much probiotic food (carbs) and not enough antibiotic food (fat).

Try a smallish meal of almost pure fat, and no carbohydrate. Egg yolks , lightly cooked in butter and coconut oil, for example. First meal of the day would be optimal. See if your stomach flattens and your tongue improves in the hours after the meal.

OP
A

andy

Some really great information from you guys!what i have noticed is the fact that i did try what james 1v has recommended(what i would call paleo) and my stomach does not distend at all and my tongue is super clean.However if i stick with this high fat and very low carb way i loose even more weight and my mood seems to get depressed. The positives also are that my erectile dysfunction seems to abate eating the high fat and low carb way.My bowels definately like this .Actually i can see my stomach muscles when i have the paleo way for about 2 days. I guess when listening to Ray and reading his articles i went a bit crazy and just upped my white sugar(with milk etc).Probably i need to reavaluate what is a healthy diet is and not condemn the starches ( i do have very negative feelings to starch especially wheat which i feel will damage the body ) I will get some goat and sheep cheese and give that a try. If i do reduce dramatically the white sugar how do i keep my weight up.Would it be silly to start having alot of saturated fats in the diet and slowly start introducing white rice(and maybe white potatoes) back into the diet?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals