Feeling A Bit Hopeless

scoobydoo

So honestly I’ve been trying really hard for to increase my metabolism and eat more Peatarian but I’m feeling kind hopeless at this point.
For a bit things were improving at a nice rate but now I have been hit with really hard depression, poor glucose tolerance, tinnitus worse than ever, ED low libido and I’m just not sure what to do.
Have people really had success with this theory of health? I would love to hear some success stories for a little motivation to keep trying

meatbag

So honestly I’ve been trying really hard for to increase my metabolism and eat more Peatarian but I’m feeling kind hopeless at this point.
For a bit things were improving at a nice rate but now I have been hit with really hard depression, poor glucose tolerance, tinnitus worse than ever, ED low libido and I’m just not sure what to do.
Have people really had success with this theory of health? I would love to hear some success stories for a little motivation to keep trying
What all are ya doing?

OP
S

scoobydoo

What all are ya doing?
I’ve been eating easily digestible foods (fruit, organ meats, egg yolks, white rice, potatoes, cheese, white button mushrooms)
I’ve been taking aspirin with high carb meals along with k2
I take mitolipin in the morning which seemed to help for a few days but have lately had no affect.
Occasionally will take 2 drops of oxidal but it’s hit or miss with how it affects my mood.
the biggest thing that worries me is the libido. It is rarely at all even existent despite doing a lot to successfully lower estrogen and serotonin
I’m worried that it’s more vascular and that maybe going vegan would help.

TheSir

I’ve been eating easily digestible foods (fruit, organ meats, egg yolks, white rice, potatoes, cheese, white button mushrooms)
I take mitolipin in the morning which seemed to help for a few days but have lately had no affect.
Occasionally will take 2 drops of oxidal but it’s hit or miss with how it affects my mood.
the biggest thing that worries me is the libido. It is rarely at all even existent despite doing a lot to successfully lower estrogen and serotonin
Have you considered doing just the first line and taking a break from all the supplementation?

OP
S

scoobydoo

Have you considered doing just the first line and taking a break from all the supplementation?
Yes I did for a couple months but found that these seemed to be very supportive for a bit
Perhaps now I just don’t need them everyday

GreekDemiGod

Get back to the drawing board. Learn and learn again. Learn physiology. Make connections. What does a low libido is a sign of? Think upstream.
Are your metabolism, temps and digestion at peak levels? If not, what are you doing?
Fix the high-level issues and the low-level issues will fall into place.

meatbag

I've noticed for me personally redlight, aspirin, and niacinamide seem to help a lot with mood and libido
High Estrogen (not Low T) Causes Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Cortisol (stress) Directly Causes Depression

Have you gotten a vitamin d blood test?

ExD

What exercise do you do?

mrchibbs

To be frank, I see you've joined this forum 3 months ago...a bit early to be hopeless.
If you want success stories, use the search form.

Personally, it took me 1.5 years of a Peat lifestyle for my morning temperatures to reach 97.8 and to heal from terrible symptoms. And I still get hopeless about many things in my life. It's hard, but most of the people joining this website have a long road ahead.

mrchibbs

mrchibbs

OP
S

scoobydoo

Personally, it took me 1.5 years of a Peat lifestyle for my morning temperatures to reach 97.8 and to heal from terrible symptoms. And I still get hopeless about many things in my life. It's hard, but most of the people joining this website have a long road ahead.[/QUOTE]

Fair point. The reason I feel this way is do to the fact that a lot of my symptoms (and blood work) have gotten worse in such a short period of time since switching to eating this way. I am open to believing that there is a grace period where I need adjusting (as I come from a low carb background) but am skeptical at the same time. I guess I just wanted to hear from others that it does get better and they have seen results..

What does veganism have to do with exercise?

As far as exerices goes I have stepped back a lot from any form. I am now doing light jogs/walks every day and occasional light weightlifting. I came from a background of intense overtraining for different races and just felt like it was best to back off for a few months.
The vegan thing I bring up because despite having lower hormones and massive digestive and cognitive issues on the diet, my erections were the best they've ever been in my life. A part of me wonders if the plant based approach is possibly better for endothelial function.

theLaw

Height?

Weight?

Total calories (daily)?

theLaw

145lb - 3000k/cal
5'10

Thinking of getting blood work again this weekend

That's underweight. Not significantly, but you should probably be around 170lbs (minimum) for your height.

Personally, I tried nearly every major supplement posted on this forum, but it wasn't' until I did a re-feed that my health improved.

More info:

Fat Is An Organ

Reversion To Normoglycaemia Occurs More Often Than Progression To Diabetes

Abdominal Fat Is A Phase Folliwing The End Of Calorie Restriction

Why It Might Be Better To Temporarily Gain Weight After Diet Improvement

OP
S

scoobydoo

That's underweight. Not significantly, but you should probably be around 170lbs (minimum) for your height.

Personally, I tried nearly every major supplement posted on this forum, but it wasn't' until I did a re-feed that my health improved.

More info:

Fat Is An Organ

Reversion To Normoglycaemia Occurs More Often Than Progression To Diabetes

Abdominal Fat Is A Phase Folliwing The End Of Calorie Restriction

Why It Might Be Better To Temporarily Gain Weight After Diet Improvement

Thanks for the links, I'll look them over. I naturally am very skinny as well and have a very small frame skeletally.

meatbag

Personally, it took me 1.5 years of a Peat lifestyle for my morning temperatures to reach 97.8 and to heal from terrible symptoms. And I still get hopeless about many things in my life. It's hard, but most of the people joining this website have a long road ahead.

what was your diet like when vegan?

BingDing

It just takes time. You've likely been eating PUFAs all your life and every part of your body has them. It's not just adipose tissue, the lipid bilayer of every cell membrane has PUFAs in it, the myelin sheath of every axon, every lipoprotein, etc. As I understand it, when they are oxidized to peroxides the function of that molecule is lost. Limiting PUFAs and eating coconut oil every day for 4-6 years is the only realistic way forward. Mind, it doesn't take that long to see improvements, but it's a long haul kind of deal.

teds

Forum Supporter
i see you joined this forum in January- welcome! Is this the period of time you've been employing a pro metabolic approach? It'll take a while to reverse health problems. it's not a silver bullet..