Feel Miserable After Taking T3 For Some Time, Really Need Help!

Obes89

Hi Everybody, i began Taking T3 (Tyronene) in the beginning of March this year. I Just wanted to experiment, something that i really regret right now.... At First i was Taking 4mgc every for hours, and after the second dose i felt really great. Amazing energy and drive, extremely happy and so on. After a few days i raised the amount to 8 mgc every 4 hours. So i took 32 mgc for some days and yes i became hyper but felt very good ( i now that was all a very big mistake to begin with). Then one day i accidently took two drops at once. I realised it while it was to late and i was swallowing it. I then became very cold and felt off. Clearly the T3 got deactivated. I waited some time and was fine again but decided to take way less and took 4 mgc 4 times a day and felt really good again. Then i got sick, for like a week. During the sickness i decided to cut back to 1-2 mgc a few times a day, to don't stop cold turkey. And from that moment the real Problems began. Now i can't really tolerate even small amounts sometimes and it gets deactivated. One Day i took 1.6 mgc 4 times a day and felt good. The next day i tried to continue but the T3 got deactivated and i felt bad. I expierenced some hit and miss for some days and quit cold turkey to not deactivate the stuff i'm taking again and again and suppressing the own Production of my Body even more. Now it's two days after i stopped and i feel miserable and really Hypo. My Temperature is sometimes only around 36-36.3 degree celsius. I feel Like my Body is collapsing, my hair is thinning really quick ond the top of my head, my eybrows and my eyelashes aswell my mind is really off and so on and i almost can't sleep.

Is there anybody with advice for me, i would really appreciate it

My Plan was to take T3 for some time, while introducing ndt (Tyormax) again, which worked great for me. And use it some time until enough ndt is in the body so that i could stop with the t3 without any Problems. But right now i don't know how to achieve that without really tolerating T3. I feel trapped
Is there a Chance that i will naturally recover after some time?

meatbag

Weird, when I've taken too much t3 I just get really warm

Do you eat liver and oysters?

Spartan300

Interested in this too.

For the last month I have been taking 16mcg tyronene split between morning and evening.
I too felt great for a couple of weeks with much improved mood, libido and sleep.
I have not come close to being hyper. Waking temps remain 36.0 - 36.3. Daytime they got to 37.1 at best.
For the last week and a half I am no longer feeling the benefits and unsure what to do.

thomas00

I'd try the NDT. T3 alone seems be a fiddly thing for many.

I've taken a huge amount of t3 at once before and got all the symptoms you've described. It went away after a few days. It was hell though. It's not uncommon people get those symptoms from too much t3.

If the NDT doesn't help then maybe just a prolonged abstinence from thyroid might be required until things have settled, a few weeks to a month maybe.

Using cyproheptadine, aspirin, pregnenolone etc to help your symptoms in the meantime and making sure your nutrition is good.

redsun

My Temperature is sometimes only around 36-36.3 degree celsius. I feel Like my Body is collapsing, my hair is thinning really quick ond the top of my head, my eybrows and my eyelashes aswell my mind is really off and so on and i almost can't sleep.

Is there anybody with advice for me, i would really appreciate it

My Plan was to take T3 for some time, while introducing ndt (Tyormax) again, which worked great for me. And use it some time until enough ndt is in the body so that i could stop with the t3 without any Problems. But right now i don't know how to achieve that without really tolerating T3. I feel trapped
Is there a Chance that i will naturally recover after some time?

The T3 was not getting deactivated. Im not sure where you learned cold hands and feet are a sign of deactivation of T3 or whatever. It didnt get deactivated, your body skyrocketed adrenaline along with cortisol to meet the demands of the T3. You made yourself hyperthyroid in a way. You caused protein wasting hence the rapid hair loss. You just kept damaging yourself further because you didnt stop taking it at the first signs of issue. Very common in hyperthyroidism to lose hair and very common to get some degree of temporary hair loss just by touching any kind of thyroid.

The T3 forced your metabolism up, caused damage because like most every person you have severe metabolic issues and a poor antioxidant system that cant handle a faster metabolism so the natural consequence of taking T3 chronically even though you got sick and should of stopped is you slowly killed your body.

I have no idea if your hair or your body in general can recover back to how it was before but if there is any chance you need to stop ******* with the T3 and deal with the temporary consequences of "feeling" hypo. Eat very nutrient dense foods to provide nutrition because my guess eating healthy was definitely not on your mind at the time or if you were ever doing that to begin with.

Eat lots of healthy protein, red meat, oysters, liver, eggs. Not dairy, you need to replenish the likely loss of iron, zinc, and copper caused by the T3 and the calcium in dairy will just reduce absorption of iron and zinc which is exactly what you don't want. Zinc especially probably got screwed up and iron as well depending on your iron status beforehand. Then plenty of good nutritious carbohydrates like quality fruit and starches. Just maybe if you do this you can recover as your body should thyroid should normalize eventually and learn a valuable lesson to not **** with hormones unless you know exactly what they do and how they do it.

Coffee should help you function.

Last edited:

boris

Taking T3 only continously can be problematic. Peat got skipped heartbeats from it. I experienced the same thing.

After taking it for a longer while it made me feel hypothyroid.

Last edited:

thomas00

I wonder if t3 by itself was always as problematic as it can be for some. The old studies where they add it to antidepressant didn't suggest many bad effects. In some of them, the participants didn't get a positive effects until they got to 40mcg+ per day.

OP
O

Obes89

Hey Guys, thanks for your answers. During the Time i was Hyper i never experienced Hairloss/Thinning and so on, i felt and looked quite good. The Problems really started with the 16 mgc dose at once, which is way too much, because i already became very energetic and Hyper with 8 mgc for times a day. Then i got Cold and felt bad and stopped using so much and started a few days later with small doses and experienced the Problems again, after some days, although i only used just a little bit. But i guess it's like some guys said, my body went totally out o fuel because i used so much t3 at once. And as information i never started NDT because i was really Hypo, never had big Problems, i just wanted to recover from a medication and only used a little bit of ndt and it worked great over the last year. And then i decided to experiment with T3. I'm already quite a bit better and feel like my Body is Producing some Thyroid again. I also took 1 Drop of NDT daily over the last three days. I keep you Guys updated and will write about my progress.

OP
O

Obes89

The T3 was not getting deactivated. Im not sure where you learned cold hands and feet are a sign of deactivation of T3 or whatever. It didnt get deactivated, your body skyrocketed adrenaline along with cortisol to meet the demands of the T3. You made yourself hyperthyroid in a way. You caused protein wasting hence the rapid hair loss. You just kept damaging yourself further because you didnt stop taking it at the first signs of issue. Very common in hyperthyroidism to lose hair and very common to get some degree of temporary hair loss just by touching any kind of thyroid.

The T3 forced your metabolism up, caused damage because like most every person you have severe metabolic issues and a poor antioxidant system that cant handle a faster metabolism so the natural consequence of taking T3 chronically even though you got sick and should of stopped is you slowly killed your body.

I have no idea if your hair or your body in general can recover back to how it was before but if there is any chance you need to stop ******* with the T3 and deal with the temporary consequences of "feeling" hypo. Eat very nutrient dense foods to provide nutrition because my guess eating healthy was definitely not on your mind at the time or if you were ever doing that to begin with.

Eat lots of healthy protein, red meat, oysters, liver, eggs. Not dairy, you need to replenish the likely loss of iron, zinc, and copper caused by the T3 and the calcium in dairy will just reduce absorption of iron and zinc which is exactly what you don't want. Zinc especially probably got screwed up and iron as well depending on your iron status beforehand. Then plenty of good nutritious carbohydrates like quality fruit and starches. Just maybe if you do this you can recover as your body should thyroid should normalize eventually and learn a valuable lesson to not **** with hormones unless you know exactly what they do and how they do it.

Coffee should help you function.

Thanks for all the tipps. Yeah i know it was a bad idea. I did great on NDT Thyroid for almost a year and tried to use T3. And i was never Hypo to beginn with and wanted to recover from medicine that damaged me a little bit. And just a little bit Thyroid made my skin and overall appearance amazing, made me even more androgenic and yeah worked overall great. And you are spot on about the loss of some minerals and stuff it seems, because the later days on T3 i had a torne corner of my mouth, on the left side. I never had that

Right now i only use 1 Drop of NDT Thyroid a few hours before going to bed. I guess my T4 Level must be quite low because of the high amount of t3 over some weeks and because i stopped taking ndt in the end of February after using it for month.
My Bowel-movements are already a lot more frequent and bigger, my eylashes and eyebrows already thicker and longer. So yeah i guess my hair will recover to 100% like it did in the past. And my mind is in a way better place again and i can sleep a little bit better.

So my Plan is to be on one Drop of Tyromax again like in the past and never play with t3 again :O

thomas00

Have you also considered your vitamin D, obes?

It's been my experience that thyroid won't work if it's too low.

Have you had your levels measured or tried supplementing up to 5,000IU?

There's a reason Ray talks about it so often these days.

Spartan300

Not vitamin D deficiency in my case. 85 last time I was tested and I've been getting more sunshine since then.

Has anyone followed Wilson's protocol that could report on their experience?

taralynne

Not vitamin D deficiency in my case. 85 last time I was tested and I've been getting more sunshine since then.

Has anyone followed Wilson's protocol that could report on their experience?
I'm trying it now but not with sustained release T3 as Dr. Wilson recommends. I started a couple of weeks ago & I am up to taking 75 mcg of T3 every day divided into 4 doses of 18.75 mcg each. I backed down a little from 87.5 mcg per day because my pulse went up quite a bit. I don't think I'll make it all the way through this time because of that but I know Dr. Wilson said that one may have to do the protocol a few times. My temp seems to be going up a bit too but still nowhere near where it needs to be. Other than the high pulse I have not had any negative effects.

taralynne

Thanks @taralynne Had you tried NDT?

Any benefits other than temps?
I was on Armour for a couple of years but did not notice any benefits other than improved lab work. I still had the same hypo symptoms as I had before I took it. Endo even increased dosage a few times but I never felt any improvements. I went off of it altogether so I could try Dr. Wilson's temperature reset as I really think that if I could get my temp to be normal for a period of time I may actually get better. This is my first round and the only changes have been a slightly & intermittently increased temperature, higher pulse and I have had a few times where I have been nodding off at my desk in the morning which I think is a result of a decrease in stress hormones from the T3. I'm still mostly in the 97's for my temps but the morning number is mostly higher now and I sometimes am reaching into the 98s but never for a prolonged period of time. My pulse which was usually around 74-76 prior to the T3 is now never under 80 which is good but it was often in the high 90s so I stopped with the daily increases in T3 and kept at the same dose for several days. Since my pulse was still high, I reduced the T3 back by one day and am staying here for a couple of days before I try to increase it again. I am hopeful that this will eventually work as even though nothing dramatic has happened yet I feel things are moving in the right direction.

Beastmode

Taking T3 only continously can be problematic. Peat got skipped heartbeats from it. I experienced the same thing.

After taking it for a longer while it made me feel hypothyroid.

Source of him saying that?

I've only heard Peat say that when he took an entire tablet to see what would happen. I believe he also said he took tiny bits of T3 until it settled.

One of us is incorrect, but it's worth knowing.

Spartan300

Great insight @taralynne really appreciate it. I hope things continue to improve for you.

I had been noticing more tiredness which I welcomed to be honest as I also believe that was stress hormones dropping. I think I just need to up the dosage in similar fashion & see what happens.

Late afternoon & temp is 36.7, pulse 60 so there's room for improvement. It's only concerns of issues with endogenous production that have been stopping me.

alywest

Ray says numerous times throughout his thyroid writings that the ratio should be 4:1 t4:t3 and sometimes 3:1 if symptoms are acute.

boris

@Beastmode I wish I would remember where I read it. I'm looking for it right now, but no success yet. I read it when I noticed my weird symptoms from T3 and started searching for solutions on the forum.

I remember it as something about T3 and T4 and how his heart would skip a beat when taking T3 only, so he then introduced T4 back in and it went back to normal.

Beastmode

@Beastmode I wish I would remember where I read it. I'm looking for it right now, but no success yet. I read it when I noticed my weird symptoms from T3 and started searching for solutions on the forum.

I remember it as something about T3 and T4 and how his heart would skip a beat when taking T3 only, so he then introduced T4 back in and it went back to normal.

He's definitely mentioned taking an entire T3 tablet and described those symptoms you mention. How he sorted it out, I recall, was with taking bits of T3.

Maybe someone will shoot him an email about this.