Feel Like An Old Man At 22

AlpineDreamer

Im relatively new to Peats work, ive been eating Low Pufa for several months now. I had a bad run in with Psychedelic's in my teenage years which led to the onset of a whole host of mental problems (Severe Anxiety, Depersonalization, Depression). I got into the health community to try to heal my Adult Male acne and IBS which i think are correlated. My diet consists mostly of Raw Goat milk, Grassfed Beef, Pastured eggs, pasture raised liver weekly, Orange Juice and lots of fruit like Pears, oranges and apples along with a daily raw carrot. This way of eating hasn't helped most of my symptoms, I still have bad brain fog, anxiety, very poor sleep, low energy, low motivation/Anhedonia, my hands get cold easily to, my adult acne is still there. I can handle green tea but it usually comes with some anxiety, coffee is to much for me, will lead to a panic attack. Ive had basic blood work done, thyroid, basic vitamin/mineral tests (I understand most of the tests doctors do cant really tell you much). any help would be greatly appreciated. Im tired of living like this

Mr Joe

Hello, anxiety, depression, weak energy, belly issues etc... are symptomes of high serotonin and low energy production. Panic attack is just a consequence. You should probably try while fixing gut issue if you have some (by pro biotics or daily carrot + charcoal). Cold hand and night anxiety are symptomes of high cortisol and low CO2 production. You should calculate how many times you breath per minute, usually anxious personn who produce low CO2 are high like 10/12/14 sometimes more. If you're high i advice you to take some breathing exercise like Buteyko. With time you will learn to your body how to produce more CO2 and breath slowly/ reducing stress. My technique to reverse all the stress and anxiety was to cycle :

1 week : Cyproheptadine (2 mg every 2 hours) + 300 mg Vitamin B1 (every four hours) + Progesterone (3 times / day from 6 to 12 mg as needed) + 70 mg pregnenolone (morning as need you can take more if it makes you feel better) + Lapodin (emodin) + Magnesium (300 mg before bed) and to relax you can take epsom salt bath.

1 week later : Methylene blue (4 mg three times a day) + Aspirin (500 mg morning) + K2 (6 mg morning) + Vitamine E (different time from K2) + B3 (500 mg three time a day) + Lapodin + Magnesium (to facilitate sleep, if you still have difficulties to sleep keep taking 2 or 3 mg cypro at night or high dose taurine 2g or 3g).

1 week later : Protocol for Serotonin depletion using amino acids : check the thread Serotonin Depletion usin BCAA + Tyrosine + orthers... (you can add to that some pregne)
To that i add some T3

And of course maybe most important : Salt. Get some good salt and eat that every day 1 tablespoon or more. Sodium is one of the most important element for keeping serotonin and cortisol down.

Repeat this until your state get better, you will come back to normal capacity of creating energy (Kreb cycle oxidative sugar) and by binding cortisol and serotonin inhibit the bad cycle (glycolysis). Sometimes for people with hard state first times are difficult because your thyroid is not working so you need to calm down cortisol and serotonin in order to let thyroid "breath. So you might feel more anxious because at the same times your thyroid doesnt work well and you bind cortisol and serotonin. So increase you sugar and usually 300 or 500 mg of B1 + 500 mg B3 + 1 tablespoon baking soda relieve anxiety very fast (kind of minutes).

And most important faith and courage ! Have a nice trip to your well beeing ! :)

Doludolu

I'd say cleaning your gut from pathogens. Then sealing the gut with supportive nutrients - like collagen, gelatin [leaky gut]. From there on, your mental and skin factor should be in good shape. There is a direct relationship to almost any biosystem of the body with the gut, e.g. gut - brain axis, gut - skin axis.

Nemo

Im relatively new to Peats work, ive been eating Low Pufa for several months now. I had a bad run in with Psychedelic's in my teenage years which led to the onset of a whole host of mental problems (Severe Anxiety, Depersonalization, Depression). I got into the health community to try to heal my Adult Male acne and IBS which i think are correlated. My diet consists mostly of Raw Goat milk, Grassfed Beef, Pastured eggs, pasture raised liver weekly, Orange Juice and lots of fruit like Pears, oranges and apples along with a daily raw carrot. This way of eating hasn't helped most of my symptoms, I still have bad brain fog, anxiety, very poor sleep, low energy, low motivation/Anhedonia, my hands get cold easily to, my adult acne is still there. I can handle green tea but it usually comes with some anxiety, coffee is to much for me, will lead to a panic attack. Ive had basic blood work done, thyroid, basic vitamin/mineral tests (I understand most of the tests doctors do cant really tell you much). any help would be greatly appreciated. Im tired of living like this

Alpine, you sound like all the young guys Broda Barnes talks about in his book Hypothyroidism when he's explaining it can strike even the young. Everything you list is one of the symptoms he talks about. I wish I could hand you a copy of the book to read tonight.

How is your heart rate and waking temperature? In my experience, thyroid lab testing just doesn't cut it. And most doctors don't recognize even severe hypothyroid symptoms.

I'd get cracking with some thyroid, give that a go at a half grain for at least a month and see how you're doing. You should notice some improvements, especially with that good diet you're eating. Take it up slowly from there as needed, maybe 1/4 grain every month or two. Maybe start slipping in Mr. Joe's recommendations on top of that.

mostlylurking

Before you shotgun yourself with a multitude of recommendations, I think you should focus on your oxidative metabolism. There's two things to focus on. Thyroid function is one. Thiamine (B1) status is the other. Deficiency in either of these will lay you low. All the symptoms you listed are indicative of a thiamine deficiency or a thyroid deficiency. Doctors do not bother to check thiamine status because industry "enriched" the refined carbohydrates with thiamine. Thiamine function can also get blocked by many medications, requiring much larger doses of thiamine to overcome/correct.

An easy way to check your thiamine status yourself is to take some and make note of changes that happen within the following hour. Take your temperature with an old fashioned mercury thermometer before you take the thiamine, then take it again 45 minutes after taking the thiamine. I took about 250 mg of thiamine HCL to test myself and the resulting response was a real eye opener.

Here is a very good article, written by Hans (he is active on the forum): Vitamin B1, anti-estrogenic, pro-DHT, anti-serotonin, pro-dopamine » MENELITE

Here is a good intro video about thiamine:

Hold off on the methylene blue; it is an MAO inhibitor which is a real problem if your serotonin is elevated (it probably is). The tannins in tea block thiamine. Coffee blocks thiamine or uses it up. A high sugar diet will make you feel like crap if you are thiamine deficient.

If you find that you have a thiamine deficiency, you will probably need to supplement with a B-complex in addition to the thiamine. Magnesium is important too. Potassium gets used up too so drink your orange juice to get a good supply of potassium.