Federal Taxes

X3CyO

Is it true that you legally don't have to pay federal taxes unless you work for the gov't, and only have to pay state taxes?

A relative of mine went through a lot (And I mean a lot) of texts and loopholes to find the original statement, but I can't find it. I was wondering if someone could cite the sentence from the text for me and help me find it if its true.

He now just sends in his taxes, and doesn't sign them.

I wouldn't know since I don't pay taxes yet as a dependent or whatever.

theLaw

There are many people sitting in prison who thought that they had legitimate legal reasons to refuse to pay taxes, and many have been right.

The only major organization that I know of who fought the IRS and won was the Church of Scientology, who basically filed thousands of lawsuits and forced their hand. Pretty impressive actually. Never pick a fight with crazy.

Tax status of Scientology in the United States - Wikipedia

Waynish

No real loopholes are expensive and require the assistance of expert tax lawyers.

Lurker

There are many people sitting in prison who thought that they had legitimate legal reasons to refuse to pay taxes, and many have been right.

The only major organization that I know of who fought the IRS and won was the Church of Scientology, who basically filed thousands of lawsuits and forced their hand. Pretty impressive actually. Never pick a fight with crazy.

Tax status of Scientology in the United States - Wikipedia

I fought theLaw and theLaw won.

x-ray peat

I never heard the Govt worker argument. I think a lot of tax resisters claim that the 16th amendment was never ratified properly, which makes the Income Tax unconstitutional. Even if true, the problem is that no Federal judge will ever rule that to be the case. I think some other shenanigans were played with other Amendments as well.

American Democracy works best when not looked at too closely. Otherwise it doesn't work at all.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals