Feared Into Double Mastectomy. Happening More And More

kettlebell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ctomy.html

The above article discusses a lady who has had a double mastectomy thanks to doctors fearing her into it by telling her she had the cancer gene and had an 85% increased chance of getting it. They pushed her into mutilating herself. Many other have done the same and many more will follow.

What saddens me even more is that she probably would have developed cancer because its likely she sticks to a currently promoted "Healthy" diet with lots of PUFAS, wholegrains, uncooked vegetables whilst avoiding sugar and saturated fat like the plague.

Its a double hit from the medical industry and food industry resulting in bad science and manipulation.

I genuinely believe genetics is almost completely irrelevant (Yes it has relevance for some things) and "Field" is totally relevant. Nurture over Nature all they way.

When I see this it makes me want to yell at people to wake up, take some responsibility in their own health education and start seeing the big picture. That wouldn't help of course!

This all makes me so angry. To top it off a close family member has been diagnosed with cancer which has spread to the pancreas and other key organs, but whenever I am brave enough to mention my views in a VERY diplomatic and caring manor other family members brush it off or even worse get angry thanks to the belief that doctors are infallible. It beggars belief.

Genetics and cancer is all over the news today in the UK. My blood has been boiling at every mention of it so I upped my sugar, salt and sat fat intake to compensate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20663090
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-20668175

What are your thoughts on this?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It is nuts. Frankly, this entire planet is nuts.

Fear fear fear, our entire lives are based on fear. Something is wrong. There is a fix though. :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"If you were rooted in reality, there will be no fear."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZd3YXYvTQ[/youtube]

kiran

It's hard to think of all the people who could be saved if they just knew. Gotta let it go, and save who you can. :(

OP
K

kettlebell

You are right of course, ones jaw drops open in disbelief at some of the things you hear.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
kiran said:
It's hard to think of all the people who could be saved if they just knew. Gotta let it go, and save who you can. :(

No one around me wants to save themselves. :(

HDD

Sorry about you close family member, kb.

I try not to think about it, too. Having gone down the chemo road 5 yrs ago with my then 19 yr. old daughter was very difficult to accept. At the time, I would have done Gerson, but the success rate with her cancer was 98% and that is what she wanted. I was unfamiliar with Peat. I don't like to think about what would happen if cancer returned. She follows paleo diet and thinks my 180 on milk, OJ, sugar, and veggies is off. It is also a heavy responsibility to give someone advice when dealing with serious illness. I send RP articles to family members and hope that they take the time to read and apply.

crX

This is a topic which upsets and angers me as well.

I think we a being manipulated by the "cancer industry" into having a bunch of unnecessary and sometimes harmful tests in many instances. I no longer get mammograms after being scared into having what I consider an unnecessary biopsy and repeated imagery which I feel exposed me to a lot of radiation.

Unfortunately, I wasn't ready for this thing to come at me, and while I had time I did feel a certain pressure and need to know if it was cancer or not. I couldn't get any decent advice, as every medical professional seems to think the same, even though I knew in my heart something wasn't right about it. When it's over and it's negative you are so relieved after being scared to death that you are just thankful for that. When the next year came up, however, I couldn't go back in for more of the same and decided I really had to research it myself and make my own decision on it, as contrary as it might be to medical advice.

What I found was that many high-profile women's groups were backing off of their position on advising mammograms, and instead referring to other organizations for medical advice. People were hedging their bets. I found Peat and a lot of other information which helped me make my decision. I can always get a mammogram or some test if something is suspicious, but I cannot undo a mammogram.

In the intervening years I have talked to so many women who have similar stories, and many nightmare stories. Why is this happening? A friend was told by a technician that the new "digital mammograms" are showing more things and so many women are being called back for biopsies. Whaaaat? Sounds more like they need some excuse to pay for their new equipment, and it's at the expense of our health.

gretchen

In my lifetime there has been very little progress in terms of people learning what causes cancer.

I read these mastectomy stories pretty much weekly and they are totally freaky.