FDA Restrictions On Giving Medical Advice

haidut

Forum Supporter
What if this forum weren't hosted in the US? What jurisdiction would the FDA have in coming after you or the content you post here?

It may help but both the hosting and the domain name have to be outside the US. There have been several cases where companies based outside the US and hosting their site outside the US still got shut down because the US contacted the domain registrar and got their domain sequestered. All .com (and .org and .net) domains are hosted in the US even if the actual website is not. So, it will have to be something like raypeatforum.ve (Venezuela, as one possible location). But I am hoping it won't get to that point and I think @charlie would make a move himself if he got a letter from the FDA or another agency complaining about content. I like the US location, it has a lot of benefits. Just hoping we don't ruffle too many feathers. As the old Chinese proverb goes: "May God protect you from the wrath of the powers that be..." :):

DaveFoster

It may help but both the hosting and the domain name have to be outside the US. There have been several cases where companies based outside the US and hosting their site outside the US still got shut down because the US contacted the domain registrar and got their domain sequestered. All .com (and .org and .net) domains are hosted in the US even if the actual website is not. So, it will have to be something like raypeatforum.ve (Venezuela, as one possible location). But I am hoping it won't get to that point and I think @charlie would make a move himself if he got a letter from the FDA or another agency complaining about content. I like the US location, it has a lot of benefits. Just hoping we don't ruffle too many feathers. As the old Chinese proverb goes: "May God protect you from the wrath of the powers that be..." :):
I don't think Venezuela has much in the way of quality web hosting at present... but they do have bread lines!