FDA Plans Crackdown On Risky Homeopathic Remedies

Tarmander

Pretty funny if you think about it. Made up govt entity pursuing safety of homeopathic quantum shifted sugar pills. This has to be idiocracy right?

tara

... those containing ingredients with significant safety concerns, such as belladonna, ...
Pretty funny if you think about it. Made up govt entity pursuing safety of homeopathic quantum shifted sugar pills. This has to be idiocracy right?
Yeah. Unless they they are checking that the listed concentrations of the active ingredients are not missing a few zeros, such scrutiny does not appear to have any basis in standard science as generally taught.

It may be consistent with the illogic of the current economic system, though:
In a system designed for maximising the concentration of power and wealth, no holds barred to undermine potential/perceived competition.

Tarmander

Yeah. Unless they they are checking that the listed concentrations of the active ingredients are not missing a few zeros, such scrutiny does not appear to have any basis in standard science as generally taught.

It may be consistent with the illogic of the current economic system, though:
In a system designed for maximising the concentration of power and wealth, no holds barred to undermine potential/perceived competition.

Maximizing the concentration of wealth and power seems so evilly ominous. I think it’s more soviet style trying to seem like they know what they are doing, are important, and get to keep their jobs. You’d be surprised how often the motivation is just to seem like you know what your doing in these agencies. Any power hunger is probably small and in the style of telling someone they think better then them what to do. Just my guess from reading through Soviet literature like gulag archipelago.

yerrag

When there is no alternative but theirs, then they can get away with telling us "my way or the highway."